learn more

Nephilim.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
My theory.

Genisis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

exacally who were the giants on the earth and the sons of god mentioned in the text?
while most english bibles use the word "giant", the original Hebrew word is nephilim, translations - "the men who came down", "those who have fallen", "those who fall upon", "the fallen*", you get the drift. look it up youself. (im not saying that this translation may be definately correct, make up your own mind -www.geocities.com...).
This translation gives me the impression that some form of being came down, came down from the sky, physical being came down from the sky/heavens.
to our current knowledge, its farily safe to say that humans did not have the power of flight back in the days when the bible was wrote.
Then how could being have came down from the sky.
The only conclusion to this mystery i can see is that, these nephilim were infact being not from this world, aliens/interdimensional travelers/time travelers, whatever they are, not humans. possibly the same being that are commonly associated with todays UFOS
Just say that the word nephilim is a true translation to giant, this doesnt totally ruin my theory, it could be symbolically intrupted that these beings werent acturally physical giants as such, they could of just been powerful being or even heros to humans.
And what about angels? Why do angels have wings? i dont think that angels would of flapped around like birds to fly. i believe that beings with wings where just symbolically saying, men that could fly, have the power of flight. which being me back to the same conclusion.
There is UFO evidence all over the bible, if anyone would like me to tell of more, just ask.

The evidence is everywhere of UFO intervention throughout human history which has had major cultural and possibly biologcial evolution

img234.exs.cx...
Can anyone explain this painting? take into mind that this was point in the 15th century. i dont think its a secret US aircraft.

This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

img234.exs.cx...
ancient egypt, around 3500BC

img234.exs.cx...
img234.exs.cx...
these a images from kimberley in australia. they are australian aboriginal cave paintings, possibly 5,000 years old.

img234.exs.cx...
img234.exs.cx...

These two objects are from part of a fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. They are located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia

img234.exs.cx...

This image is by flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ" It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

i know what i can see, can you?

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
THE CASE OF ADAM’S ALIEN GENES

www.sitchin.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sitchin is a quack........ Sorry.

I read a few of his books, and never in my life have I been so taken back by incorrect facts and such as I was when I read them. If anyone in here has ever read his any of his books, and believed anything he said to be true, you need to do something.

From start to finish, check every statistic out, every claim out, every number used. Check them out, verify his sources. 90% are outright lies. I have gone through it, believe me.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reguardless of Sitchin being a quack or not? how can u explain pictures such as these? especially the Madonna one painted in 15th century....

what reason does this painter paint this object?
do you think the painter himself obserbed this objcect in the sky?
does it appear mechanical?
wat does this object appears to be in your eyes, reguardless of your beliefs?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Perhaps the big dark secret isn't the whole marraige to Mary Magdelene, but that the "immaculate" conception was due to an alien intervention, hehe....??? If you look at most of these ancient artworks that show clearly UFOs, they are usually concerned with the conception of Jesus. You think maybe they knew something back then that wasn't part of the normal sermon?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
My theory.

Genisis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

exacally who were the giants on the earth and the sons of god mentioned in the text?
while most english bibles use the word "giant", the original Hebrew word is nephilim, translations - "the men who came down", "those who have fallen", "those who fall upon", "the fallen*", you get the drift. look it up youself. (im not saying that this translation may be definately correct, make up your own mind -www.geocities.com...).
This translation gives me the impression that some form of being came down, came down from the sky, physical being came down from the sky/heavens.
to our current knowledge, its farily safe to say that humans did not have the power of flight back in the days when the bible was wrote.
Then how could being have came down from the sky.
The only conclusion to this mystery i can see is that, these nephilim were infact being not from this world, aliens/interdimensional travelers/time travelers, whatever they are, not humans. possibly the same being that are commonly associated with todays UFOS
Just say that the word nephilim is a true translation to giant, this doesnt totally ruin my theory, it could be symbolically intrupted that these beings werent acturally physical giants as such, they could of just been powerful being or even heros to humans.
And what about angels? Why do angels have wings? i dont think that angels would of flapped around like birds to fly. i believe that beings with wings where just symbolically saying, men that could fly, have the power of flight. which being me back to the same conclusion.
There is UFO evidence all over the bible, if anyone would like me to tell of more, just ask.

The evidence is everywhere of UFO intervention throughout human history which has had major cultural and possibly biologcial evolution

img234.exs.cx...ℑ=madona2118mc.jpg
Can anyone explain this painting? take into mind that this was point in the 15th century. i dont think its a secret US aircraft.

This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

img234.exs.cx...ℑ=111112me.jpg
ancient egypt, around 3500BC

img234.exs.cx...ℑ=ovni60vz.jpg
img234.exs.cx...ℑ=ovni25jf.jpg
these a images from kimberley in australia. they are australian aboriginal cave paintings, possibly 5,000 years old.

img234.exs.cx...ℑ=now7jz.jpg
img234.exs.cx...ℑ=now21us.jpg

These two objects are from part of a fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. They are located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia

img234.exs.cx...ℑ=deg26ez.jpg

This image is by flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ" It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

i know what i can see, can you?

From strongs dictionary:
H5303
נפל נפיל
nephîyl nephil
nef-eel', nef-eel'
From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.

The word translated as Giant means tyrant or bully.

[B]Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, [/B]
When were there giants on the earth?
In those days

and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown

and also AFTER that. The 'Giants' were there BEFORE the sons of God came to the daughters of men

Who are the sons of God?
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Are fallen angels the sons of God? No.
Angels and men who follow God, are called sons of God in the bible.

Now about the paintings.

img234.exs.cx...
img234.exs.cx...
img234.exs.cx...

I would like to see the whole painting for the above links.

img234.exs.cx...
img234.exs.cx...

The two above remind me of the Tower of Babel.
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
Host of Angels

img234.exs.cx...

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Now, you can KNOW what THAT artist was thinking when he painted it, or you can simply provide your own idea for the painting.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just to reiterate something here. Sitchin is a quack! If you believe the things that he concludes, that is fine, but do not believe them because himself or his books tell you too. He lied outright about nearly all of his facts and statistics in his books. They were almost as bad as Pat Robertson. Boy do I dislike that guy.

Anyway, there are a whole heck of a lot of pictures showing things such as you are showing me. I can't really explain them. I could offer rational explanations, but you could refute them with points just as valid. It could be something the artist was trying to articulate, or that he saw. My honest opinion is that he may have been drawing a boat sailing into the sky. But I couldn't know for sure. It doesn't appear mechanical, even in more detail. The thing to take note of is its significance to the person in the backround of the picture...... That person is looking at it. Maybe a chariot carrying the holy spirit back to heaven in his eyes, or a boat. I don't know what it is. I don't know what most of those images truly are (though some I am convinced I know).

I am not a firm believer in alien visitation to earth. As everyone in here knows, I am strong in my beliefs that life evolves. The way I see it is like this. Life does not have to be more advanced than us in outerspace. it is likely that life is out there more advanced, as well as less advanced, with us sitting somewhere in the middle. It is impossible in my eyes for life not to exist in this huge universe aside from here on earth. But life has absolutely no need to follow our pattern from earth.

First off, all life would have the same amount of time to evolve....the beginning of the universe started the clock. Now, in my opinion, even though life is out there surely, I do not think it has visited earth. If it has visited earth, I am sure it was not by intention. Just because life got here, doesn't mean it would even know. Maybe it was a living organism that needs no oxygen or pressure to survive, and floats through space until it by chance hits us. A blob. Maybe it was more advanced.

The problem is that people assume things about life outside earth. We have no right to do that. Life has no boundries of this planet to follow when it comes to the universe. Flying saucers are an earthly interpretation. I see no logical reason to accept them as a reality though. Even if a life form created these saucers, how would they find us. If they did find us, why do they have to be smarter...so many questions.

It is the inferiority complex that stands out with christians that also stands out here. The thought that humans must be inferior for some reason. I don't subscribe to that at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
seapeople, your logic is flawed, life evolves that doesnt mean it cant be genetically messed with either.

who said aliens are more advanced?, if they have managed to visit this planet for thousands of years, that means they are technologically advanced, that doesnt mean they are spiritually advanced like most fain to believe.

in fact there actions i.e. abductions etc show they are not very spiritual.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
you also have to release that our sun/solar system is only about 4.5-5billion years old. while the universe is about 14billion. This means that if life is everywhere in the universe, solar systems that evolved intelligence life may of turned up billions before the creation of our solar system. I would have to assume that these intelligent being would have huge technological advancements compared to ours, given the time that there civilisation has been around for. even if they weren't to much smarter from the start, they would of master genetical engineering, and hence, developing themselves into more effective beings, and then again, these efficent being creating even more powerful being...
you also have to take into consideration that if a civilisation(like us), just pops up, another alien civilisation isnt going to just pop-up, around that time, its highly improbably. it would be more likly that the civilisation developed millions of year apart.
i mean we've only been around for about 3 million years while multicellur organims have been around for about 1.5billion years. if you look at it like a clock, we have only been around for a few microseconds.
look at the technology we have obtained in a nanosecond. imagine what technology we would have if we were around for 1hour(if we stayed around for that long).
if an alien civilisation has been around for millions of years more than us, is it really to hard to believe that they would have the technology to find us?
our perspective of the universe is always changing, scientists may tell you its impossible to travel at or faster than the speed of light. do you think this view might change in a million years? assuming that technology increase at the rate it is now.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It took several billions of years for gas to condense and simply form clouds, which in turn took billions of years to condense into clusters of stars.

Our solar system has gone through the same phases as all others would have. Now, I was also told that my logic is flawed. I was told that life would HAVE TO BE MORE advanced than us, if it was to visit earth.

You see, what I cannot understand is this. Why is it that people who are hell bent on believing in extra terrestrial visitation feel that they think with open minds. They judge the universe with earth standards. That is your biggest problem. There is NO REASON at all to do this.

For instance, what is life? We know what life on earth is. Why couldn't it be different on another planet billions of light years away? For instance, who says that a life form, not dictated by anything here on earth (which in my opinion exist certainly), would abide by any earth assumed qualities. Nothing in the universe dictates a life form has to have legs. Nothing in the universe dictates that a life form has to even breath....anything. Nowhere does it say eyes would need to evolve, ears...ect. If this life does think rationally, nowhere does it say that the rational thought processes have to be like those on earth at all.

It is only those who close their mind that assume life would retain any earthlike living qualities in distant parts of the universe.

If indeed a life form was regularly visiting earth, by intention right this very second, they in no way would need to be more advanced than humans. Unless you were judging everything by a standard that is not possible to mimic everywhere in the universe.

Short Story:

Life is longer for another living creature from the planet Zagalreint, a billion years or so to be precise. The planet is made of mostly gas, and honestly has about 1/15th the gravity present here on earth. These living beings do not have arms or legs, and are merely blobs that have adapted in a way that they float through the atmosphere of Zagalreint. They are though, curious creatures. They like to explore. Although their senses are not like ours....at least in the way that they percieve them. They have brains, but by no means have the logical capabilities of humans. Over time, these creatures have adapted to absorb metalic substances from there atmosphere for many reasons, one of which was to disapate heat better than there bodies do alone...since these creatures survive better as the temperature goes down...even approaching absolute zero. They dont need to eat, but they do absorb "food". They absorb photon energy, like a solar panel. And honeslty they do not need a lot at all. They don't need to breath as we do, and water is not existent on there far away planet, so they don't drink either. They move by expelling energy by reacting photons with the metalic substence in their bodies. They grow one particle at a time, and shrink that way too.

After a while, the metallic adaptation enabled them to conjure up enough energy to force themselves upwards in their atmosphere.....into space. They live for billions of years as long as their photon supply does not dwindle. They dont breath or drink. So, they travel through the universe, alone....sometimes crossing paths. Curious as they are, they push limits like humans do.....(I had to give them a human trait didnt I :bash: ) They like to explore stars. One star that is somewhat close by is our sun. So, they aimlessly wander...ending up in the atmosphere of our earth. The metallic appearance to us is due to the metalic particles they absorb. Once they get caught in our high gravitational field...they begin to expel their energy in the way of the photon metal reaction that their bodies create. The close proximity to the sun keeps a steady supply of photons, but it is just not enough to fuel there hopless try for escape. They evaporate in our atmorphere......expelling energy one particle at a time. Over and over again, they visit earth...but never escape.

Those metallic "crafts" traveling at high speeds and angles, are just these creatures desperately trying to escape our earth. They are not smarter than us. But they visit over and over again.

So as to the HUGE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS stated earlier. You are only judging things as they would be judged in conditions on earth. That my friend, is thinking with a closed mind.

[edit on 2/8/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hi seapeople, maybe to work things out and get to answers you would be better using some evidence logic and facts?.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Logic and facts? I can't believe you just said that. I am one of very few who post logic and facts on this section of the forum. Rant, Riley, Cheeser, I_s_i_s, are a few of those who use it, along with myself.

To put this simply (even though you won't understand). We have no knowledge of life on other planets. There are no facts. All we have is statistics. Mathematical probabilities that say life probably exists elsewhere. There are no facts about it.

Logically, it is impossible to say that life would in ANY WAY mimic life here. We don't even have facts that would enable us to make an assumption. The only factual and logical way to approach this scenerio is by eliminating any boundries you may have about it. Mystic, you obviously are not capable of opening your mind.

P.S. You should read some of my other posts. Maybe you will get an idea of logic and facts.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

To put this simply (even though you won't understand). We have no knowledge of life on other planets. There are no facts. All we have is statistics. Mathematical probabilities that say life probably exists elsewhere. There are no facts about it.

Much of the same can be said for evolution

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah, much of the same can be said for evolution. If you exculde examples like the heike crab, bacterial infections, viruses, whales, snakes, fossils, oh, and logic. But hey....you will just cite some obsolutely absurd scientific principal like entropy that has no bearing on the situation, and in reality goes against what you say. Religion though, allows you to ignore those troubles.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
nothing wrong with evolution seapeople, that doesnt mean ours hasnt been tampered with or speeded up.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im not saying for sure that it hasn't. However, I can say Zachy Sitchmeister is a liar. All of his books are filled with lies, and ones that are easy to uncover at that. If you believe anything he has talked about, check his numbers, facts, and references out. You will find that the guy has a lot of people fooled. Don't become one of them.

As far as evolution goes. I'll be honest. As of right now, I do not believe something has tampered with the earths evolution intentionally. That doesn't mean it is impossible. It is statistically a near impossibility though. When I see direct evidence of it, I will change my mind.

My little story above was just an excercise showing that most people are conditioned to think in a certain way, and that conditioning makes them more likely to believe things people like Sitchin say. This society as a whole, needs to be more open minded, while maintaining a very solid footing in sceince and math at the same time.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
*Nothing in the universe dictates a life form has to have legs. Nothing in the universe dictates that a life form has to even breath....anything. Nowhere does it say eyes would need to evolve, ears...ect. If this life does think rationally, nowhere does it say that the rational thought processes have to be like those on earth at all. *

i know, i know...
the evolution of aliens will most likely be drastically different from the evolution of life on earth. the different conditions on different planets will lead aliens down different evolutionary pathways. but while aliens everywhere else in the universe is probably very and even unrecognizably different from life on earth, the same concepts and mechanisms that direct evolution right here, such as natural selection should be assumed to apply on other planets with life. on earth and other planets, it is a matter of the survival of the fittest.
But rememeber, if you want a complex multicellur organism on another planet, which i would assumed would evolve if condition ARE similar to here on earth. whats to say that the life wouldnt be so different?
one consistancy that should also stay the same is if there life anywhere, in the universe, it will need water, because life is all about chemical reaction, and for a chemical reaction you need a solvent, and water just happens to be the UNIVERSAL SOLVENT, so most biologist are 100% sure life on other planets needs water
if the conditions where infact very similar which i dont think would be improbable considering how many planets there have been estimated.
you should also take into consideration that eyes may be very probable on another planet with life. eyes have been developed by completely separated species - the octopus, mammals and insects. While they operate on different principles, they all are concerned with the detection and location of light sources, so i think it would be fair for me to see that its not totally out of the question(given the right envirnment, eg temperature, chemical compositions, etc...).
we also have the same thing going on with flight. it has cropped up in four different ways independantly, by mammals(bats), birds, insects and fish(flying fish). therefore i would assum that given the right enviornment that flight may be on alien planets.
now say we didnt have a envirnment like earth but like europa, i would says its reasonable to say that it would be a different story.
just about all complex multicellur organisms, like us mammals. have to get from A to B to obtain food, so i would assume that they would to this A to B, they need to get to it efficently and with the use of as little energy as possible. legs are ideal, in our environment here on earth, its showed that *natural selection* selected limbs in favour of other designs, so once again i would assume that given a planet with similar condition... ill called Earth2, it would be likly legs would crop up somewhere.
if you still think its narrow minded for people to believe in extra-terrestrial entities to be earth like, i give up. just remember, the same principle drives us all.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You are correct in everything you say. I am not directing this at you, but more along the lines of a general statement.

I can almost guarantee life is elsewhere in the universe.
I can almost guarantee life similar to ours is out there.
I can almost guarantee life is also out there drastically different than our own.

In my opinion, earth is just one possible host for life out of millions. So, in the scheme of things, I feel life like ours on earth is rare. Let me give this further example. Lets say a planet is out there exactly like earth. Imagine earth 1 million years ago, and this planet being exactly like earth in every way 1 million years ago as well. Today, even though everything was exactly the same, life would more than likely be significantly different. First, and not so important, you have to consider outside forces...such as a random alien encounter in the gene pool. Also, asteroids and comets. There are countless environmental differences that would be encountered from that point of exactness. More importantly though, evolution of life. Yes natural selection drives us all. But it is purely based on random genetic changes. If that random genetic change never occurs in another species, it can never become dominant. If that random genetic mutation is different, then another trait becomes dominant. Guided by different scenerios which would eventually be choices, by intelligent or semi-intelligent creatures (if they ever evolved), things would again, be somewhat different.

In other words, an exact replica of earth given significant time, would be very much different from our own earth inevitably. Now, if you consider that these differences start at what I personally believe is single celled life forms, or semi life forms, the room for difference is infinite. Even in the same exact conditions.

I do not think though, that it is narrow minded to assume life like earth is existing elsewhere. Rather, it is narrowminded to assume it is the only way life could exist. It is narrow minded to assume that life reaching earth needs to be more advanced than us. It is narrowminded to assume anything at all, except its existence somewhere.

The chances of another life form evolving in a manor even close to ours is slim. Though it certainly would be a possibility. What I do not feel is possible, is this life form stumbling across us at this stage in the game. In another 50 billion years, I would start to consider its lielyhood being greater. As it stand now, there is too much space to explore. I could be wrong. I accept that. I just know that I can't assume anything until it is sitting in front of my face.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i agree with most of what you said, but there are just to many mysteries that remain to be unexplained to my understanding, giving me certain impressions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def