It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Try Deep Brain Stimulation Without Surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So in the past I've seen information on DBS being used to treat patients with Parkinson's, I thought it was really interesting. It seems science has taken it one stop further:

Scientists Try Deep Brain Stimulation Without Surgery

Deep brain stimulation can offer relief to patients with diseases such as Parkinson’s and epilepsy, but it requires brain surgery to implant electrodes deep inside the head.

Now researchers think they’ve come up with a way to do the same thing without cutting. They have used electrodes on the heads of mice to make the animals wiggle their paws and whiskers — even under deep sedation.

“All of our knowledge about the brain says it an electrical conductor,” Boyden said.

Boyden and colleagues call the method temporal interference, and it allows them to send electrical signals deep into the brain without affecting the layers in between.

WOW! So the article goes on to point out one last thing I found to be really interesting:

What Boyden’s team did is use the principle of interference to turn two high-frequency signals into one, targeted, low-frequency signal.

ELF in action! This ties into many other conspiracies surrounding ELF weapons used against people. The first one that comes to mind is the Navy Yard Killer who had 'my ELF weapon' carved into his gun!

Now, they are just starting to show it really is possible in mice, but we all know government tech is usually years ahead of what's publicly known. This tech could be useful to treat a disease like Parkinson's, but with an advanced system do you think it really is possible this tech could be used for mind control from afar?

I'm actually kind of freaked out by this idea. It seems that the 'conspiracy theories' of psychotronic weapons could actually hold some weight!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A varying electrical current does not transmit through the air. So unless you have electrodes attached to your head, this doesn't have much to do with that.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hmm.. did a quick search,

www.quora.com... -and-if-yes-then-how

Electrical Power can be transmitted as a microwave beam. In 1964, William C Brown demonstrated a miniature helicopter flying by converting microwave power into electricity.The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) beamed 1.8 kilowatts by converting electricity to microwaves and then converting back to electricity through the air to a receiver 55 meters away in 2015. In the same year, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries demonstrated transmission of 10 kilowatts (kW) of power to a receiver 500 meters away.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here? It seems it might be possible. Obviously, you would need a very precise tool to do this with.

Still, it doesn't remove the possibility that someone could be abducted or kidnapped then ideas could be 'put in their head' by force, with no trace or surgical evidence.
edit on 5-6-2017 by Attentionwandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

Ok. Allow me to be more specific.

Unless you have a microwave receiver and electrodes attached to your head, this ain't that.

Still, it doesn't remove the possibility that someone could be abducted or kidnapped then ideas could be 'put in their head' by force, with no trace or surgical evidence.
Nor does it increase the possibility.

Stimulating motor activity by the application of electrical current is nothing new and it is a far, far cry from putting ideas into someone's head.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

I remember a story about the use of ultra sound on the back of the head to break up plaque. There are so many of these stories, I hope the future can solve these problems of the brain. Especially the ones where a person is cognitive but the body just slowly stops working, while the person waits for the end.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I volunteered for a study where they hooked electrodes up to my head and did some hardcore frequency that was either supposed to make you crave alcohol or resist alcohol. I'm not sure what the outcome of the study was, but I can say that I craved a beer after it and had some horrible burns on my forehead and scalp.

top topics

join