It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we soon Reverse death? US company to start trials 'reawakening the dead' in Latin America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

One concern is that the mix of interventions has not been tested in animal models

This seems a bit important..can we please try it on a few trained rats before giving a thumbs up on people...

Otherwise, I am all for this.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What is the state of Mexican Health Care?

I wonder if life support is only for people who can afford it and they will be volunteered for the research by their families.

I have a bad feeling that the Cartels will make some more backdoor money by providing these random brain dead bodies. Suddenly there'll be a heap of Missing Persons posters around Tijuana...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

please have the decency to make an honest thread title

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This isn't about bringing back the dead. Read the article.

Err, I didn't imply that they were going to bring back dead people that have been dead for years, and decades... But brain dead means "being dead". So, yes, it is about bringing back the dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

err - NO - braiin dead - means brain dead - dead = really dead - its an important difference

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
and now i has read the op links properly - the quote:

" we has not tested these protocols on animal "

just WTF ?????????????????????????

why not ??????????????????????

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

err - NO - braiin dead - means brain dead - dead = really dead - its an important difference

Once the brain is dead i'm pretty sure you're dead.

With the help of machines the heart can still beat, the lungs can still breath, but you are gone. The body at that point is just a shell.

Once the neurochemistry goes south it doesn't come back.
edit on -050004am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Kalixi

Odd that India said no. Must not have thrown enough $$$$ at'em.

All bets off in Mexico, and at an undisclosed location? Could they make it sound more ominous and evil?

Not odd at all.

Have you heard of a religion called Hinduism?

That's why.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Combine it with age-slowing and de-aging technology that is already in its infancy humanity would become immortal.

I look forward to hearing more about their research.

I look foward to the future of the immortal overlord class that rules over the mortal serfs that can't afford it. Forever.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Err, I didn't imply that they were going to bring back dead people that have been dead for years, and decades... But brain dead means "being dead". So, yes, it is about bringing back the dead.

You specifically said 'reanimated', they would not be reanimated, they would have higher brain function restored.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We can't even figure out when life starts, we're not sure what being alive actually means , and death is decided by various ways. Now someone wants to muddy things more by complicating the last hurrah.

Some side effects of this will be charging someone with murder. What about inheritance laws ? Suicide.?

I think I'll pass. Call me old school , but an afterlife of perpetual confusion isn't resting in peace.

VF

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I dont know how i feel on this.

In one way the discoverys will open up huge possibilities in treating brain damage.

But these first round of trails will be horrific.

Sure they might revive the brain stem but the rest of the brain will still be damaged.

Your most likely going to be left with a vegetable. At best severe neurological impairments with huve memory gaps, change in personality and motor control problems.
edit on 6-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Once the brain is dead i'm pretty sure you're dead.

With the help of machines the heart can still beat, the lungs can still breath, but you are gone. The body at that point is just a shell.

Once the neurochemistry goes south it doesn't come back.

Your right.

Brain death is basically official death. One the brain stem dies then that is it. Everything that is you is gone.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You specifically said 'reanimated', they would not be reanimated, they would have higher brain function restored.

Brain dead means no activity in the brain... You are literally dead... Restoring "higher brain function" is to essentially give function in the brain that was gone.

Even in the article they stated:

The first stage, named 'First In Human Neuro-Regeneration & Neuro-Reanimation' was slated to be a non-randomized, single group 'proof of concept' study.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Brain dead means no activity in the brain... You are literally dead... Restoring "higher brain function" is to essentially give function in the brain that was gone.

That still has nothing to do with 'reanimating' something that is 'soulless'. They are not discussing pseudo-science.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If your heart stops and it stops supplying blood to the brain, the brain will fail and die, and you will die. If we can restore the brain, or grow it back to normal, it may be possible for that person to come back to life. However, unless we restore the brain back to exactly the way it was, it would probably be an infant brain in an adult body, and it would have to learn everything all over again?

Very weird subject to talk about on many fronts. 1: Some don't believe the soul is a thing and its just brain function and 2: others believe the brain is just a vehicle the soul rides in. So putting a soul back into a brain vehicle would be difficult if not impossible for 1, but jump starting brain function to reform the soul for 2 may be possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
If your heart stops and it stops supplying blood to the brain, the brain will fail and die, and you will die.

They are not referring to the brain being cut off from blood, they are referring to instances where there is no discernable brain activity.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I apologize, I thought people reading my posts would have a much better understanding of brain death, so let me be more clear as to not confuse you.

If your heart stops, it can no longer circulate oxygenated blood from your lungs to your brain in order to supply oxygen to the brain. That is when the brain starts to die, brain cells need oxygen to function, and when they don't function you start to die, because your brain needs oxygen....

When the brain is clinically dead because of lack of oxygen, but the blood flow and oxygen supply is restored artificially or by other means, the brain will still remain dead because cells have died, and parts of the brain have hardened. There would be no discernible brain activity.

So yes, they are referring to cases where the brain was cut off from blood / oxygen. It is the most common form of brain death. They even mention that in the article.

They are talking about restoring blood and oxygen to the brain, but with stem cells / peptides injected into the blood as well to regrow the dead portions of the brain. Along with laser and median nerve stimulation.
edit on 6-6-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just to be clear, they are only testing on patients that have met the Uniform Determination of Death Act criteria.
en.wikipedia.org...

Determination of Death. An individual who has sustained either (1) irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions, or (2) irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem, is dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
I apologize, I thought people reading my posts would have a much better understanding of brain death, so let me be more clear as to not confuse you.

I took this part of the article as meaning they were looking for subjects that had not experienced prolonged oxygen deprivation but sustained an injury which caused brain death:

The team said they planned to examine individuals aged 15-65 declared brain dead from a traumatic brain injury...

I may be misinterpreting it by way of how it is written.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join