It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman calls for Christian holy war on Islamic radicals: ‘Kill them all’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Wasted effort. Wasted money.
They were crapping in the corners of and building fires within the new construction before it was even completed.

Perhaps. It depends on which conflict we are talking about.

link   
Has anyone that is screaming about this congressman's statement noticed that it was clarified as "extreme Islamist" and not the general followers of Islam? In this sense, it sounds to me like he is advocating his solution to all those men/women/children that follow, support, and take part in the extreme fundamentalist form of Islam that results in these terrorist actions. This extreme fundamental view, I may add, that has been openly decried and denounced by moderate Islam followers repeatedly.

I just think people here are seeing the word Islamist and knee-jerking a response without understanding the whole comment. If, after realizing that could be who he is referring to, you still do not agree with him then perhaps you need to think about the fact you might also be a supporter of those terroristic ideals.

Just my thoughts and observations of reading the posts n this thread to date.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The fact that you see two choices, total war or pacifism is telling of your limited abilities to analyze this situation.
I'm being polite.There's no intellectual process going on there my friend.
You hint you were in Gulf War 1, so what?
Doesn't give you any special insight in 99% of the situation.
Grunts do not make strategy OR National policy for a reason.
But, hey....you are a TRUE BELIEVER right?
Bye. Nothing to your statements.
OH MY!!!!
edit on 5-6-2017 by PDXEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Advantage

Gandhi also published a recruitment pamphlet in 1918 urging people to fight along side the British... with arms.

The great man a... hypocrite? Nah, perhaps only misunderstood. He had funny ideas about getting arms back in the hands of the Indians... since Lytton made sure they could not possess them.

Back when he was an Indian nationalist. Views tend to change over time, especially decades later.

OR the climate of British India had changed in order to fir within his ideal views.

Or the poor guy does jumping jacks in his grave over his being misquoted, taken out of context, and used... Oh wait.. he cant. Cremation. Almost forgot about Samadhi..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PDXEX

The fact that you see two choices, total war or pacifism is telling of your limited abilities to analyze this situation.
I'm being polite.There's no intellectual process going on there my friend.
You hint you were in Gulf War 1, so what?
Doesn't give you any special insight in 99% of the situation.
Grunts do not make strategy OR National policy for a reason.
But, hey....you are a TRUE BELIEVER right?
Bye. Nothing to you!

No, I'm not a soldier and I've never been to war. I am a citizen of a mostly peace-keeping country. I'm not sure what you're going on about. Bye.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

The Crusades never stopped in the Middle East.

Maybe the nation of islam should not have invaded Europe in the first place all those years ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I just think people here are seeing the word Islamist and knee-jerking a response without understanding the whole comment.

Of course they are. By doing so they can remain aloof and superior to the struggle.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Has anyone that is screaming about this congressman's statement noticed that it was clarified as "extreme Islamist" and not the general followers of Islam? In this sense, it sounds to me like he is advocating his solution to all those men/women/children that follow, support, and take part in the extreme fundamentalist form of Islam that results in these terrorist actions. This extreme fundamental view, I may add, that has been openly decried and denounced by moderate Islam followers repeatedly.

I just think people here are seeing the word Islamist and knee-jerking a response without understanding the whole comment. If, after realizing that could be who he is referring to, you still do not agree with him then perhaps you need to think about the fact you might also be a supporter of those terroristic ideals.

Just my thoughts and observations of reading the posts n this thread to date.

Terrorist apologists have just about driven me insane on here... they see NO difference and think theyre on some elevated plane because they dont want to exterminate those who kill innocents. Extremists target soft like civilians.. non combatants... yet I am to feel something other for them than wishing to remove their chance at furthering their murderous caliphate?? I see a HUGE difference between Muslims and terrorists. I wonder why they cant...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PDXEX

What would you recommend? More peace talks. That hasn't worked out so well. What if the west just get out of the ME? No. History shows that the wars over there will continue. What would you do?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

But first let's sell them billions in weapons for the next 10 years. That'll show 'em!

Mess with the bull... and get all the weapons you want apparently. You can be sure those weapons we sold SA will end up in the hands of ISIS.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I put my bet on it is going to happen. Not sure of the timeline. Might take a few more election cycles.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: shooterbrody

Unfortunately, many people share his beliefs about Islam and Muslims.

It's a reaction based in fear. They're scared.

He did not say Islam and Muslims did he? He said radicalized I thought. I must have misread.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Of course Holy war is not the first choice.. but I once asked a priest if I should turn the other cheek when attacked by someone wishing to take my life.

He told me the second commandment is to love others as yourself and if you are willing to lay down your life for your brother in protection you should also fight to the death for your own.

He's no pope.. but his words stuck with me.. because they made sense.

I'm not talking someone slapping you on the cheek.. thats easy to turn from, but when we are talking life and death it's a different thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TinfoilTP

But first let's sell them billions in weapons for the next 10 years. That'll show 'em!

Mess with the bull... and get all the weapons you want apparently. You can be sure those weapons we sold SA will end up in the hands of ISIS.

Silly goose

You KNOW its what flavor of Islam and not just lumping them all together. Sunni VS Shiite... Arming the enemy of our enemy... and all of that. Wahabbist pissing matches. Gotta love when dollar signs dictate religion though, makes things much less messy.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seems to me, those here screaming the loudest are the ones lumping ALL followers of Islam together. I suggest those that have fallen into that trap take a long, deep, hard look inside themselves. you may be part of the problem too.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You can be sure those weapons we sold SA will end up in the hands of ISIS.

Did a bird tell you that?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Really 4 pages and nobody has posted this yet, I am disappoint Mud Pit.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Seems to me, those here screaming the loudest are the ones lumping ALL followers of Islam together. I suggest those that have fallen into that trap take a long, deep, hard look inside themselves. you may be part of the problem too.

Sorry but ALL of Islam follows the Quran and it has some not so nice teachings in it.

I know very few muslims.. but I had to listen to a 22 year old muslim threaten to rape his mother and f*** up her life through the walls of an apartment buliding😡.

These were " moderate " muslims 🙄

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Of course Holy war is not the first choice.. but I once asked a priest if I should turn the other cheek when attacked by someone wishing to take my life.

He told me the second commandment is to love others as yourself and if you are willing to lay down your life for your brother in protection you should also fight to the death for your own.

He's no pope.. but his words stuck with me.. because they made sense.

I'm not talking someone slapping you on the cheek.. thats easy to turn from, but when we are talking life and death it's a different thing.

I'm with you on that.

I was just saying that a true "holy war" like some people are claiming, needs the Pope's blessing, a la Crusades.

The terrorists might think and wish they are in one but it won't happen.

Like I said before, it will be a couple bunch of countries fed up with their BS enough to wipe them out.

ETA: "the will to conquer is the first condition of victory"

edit on 6 5 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

What's taking civilized countries so long to wipe out ISIS leadership? Reminds me of Chicago violence. We know who the gang leaders are who give the orders, but nothing EVER happens to bring them to justice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join