It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC Triggerables get Triggered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Apparently some wise guys went through all the trouble of printing up some signs and placing them on lamp posts in an area of Washington DC.

The signs said to report all illegal aliens to the federal authorities !!

Soon enough, some Sanctuary City supporters went out and started taking down the signs !!

“Sanctuary City Neighborhood Public Notice” ...........

Fake ICE Notices Urge Washington Residents to Report ‘Illegal Aliens’

Richard Byrne first saw the posters in his Washington, D.C., neighborhood on Thursday morning as he walked to a commuter train station.

The text-heavy fliers, plastered on streetlight poles and at bus stops, urged residents to report “illegal aliens” to the federal authorities. At first glance, the posters looked official. They included the logo of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and cited federal laws against harboring people who entered the country illegally.

But Mr. Byrne, a 51-year-old editor and playwright, was not fooled. “I saw six or seven of these fliers in the space of a block and a half, which is extraordinarily unusual,” he said in a telephone interview.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who's triggered? Sounds to me like this stupid stunt brought a bit of the community together for a cause.

Residents took heed. By the time Mr. Byrne returned home that afternoon, he said, his neighbors were working to remove the posters — a difficult task, given the strong glue used to affix some of them to streetlight poles.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Isn't aiding and embedding an illegal alien a punishable crime? Federal and state? Or do I have that wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

yes, you will be punished, the illegal, probably gets a free pass.....and a voting card, DL........

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

aiding and abetting.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Isn't aiding and embedding an illegal alien a punishable crime? Federal and state? Or do I have that wrong.

this is the mean part of me doing this, so please take it as light humor, but embedding an illegal alien would be like building a wall, and making them part of the wall, thus embedded. I'll probably be admonished due to that being racist, but it made me chuckle.
edit on 5-6-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A sound concept..... notifying ICE where illegals are living or hiding.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

Since no one answered your question, yes, it is, the Federal Statute reads as follows:

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

(a)Criminal penalties

(1)

(A)Any person who—

(i)knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;

(ii)knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

(iii)knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

(iv)encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or

(v)

(I)engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

(II)aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts...Fuente

The caveat being this law is rarely used to prosecute private citizens.

edit on 5-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
but embedding an illegal alien would be like building a wall, and making them part of the wall, thus embedded.

One way or another, Mexico will pay for the Wall...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sounds to me like this stupid stunt brought a bit of the community together for a cause.

That cause being to violate federal law... a coming together known in legal terms as conspiring to commit a crime.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sounds to me like this stupid stunt brought a bit of the community together for a cause.

That cause being to violate federal law... a coming together known in legal terms as conspiring to commit a crime.

No. They came together to take down fake posters.

Did you read my post properly?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
but embedding an illegal alien would be like building a wall, and making them part of the wall, thus embedded.

One way or another, Mexico will pay for the Wall...

OK, now that's racist.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Who's triggered?

Sounds like the OP to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No. They came together to take down fake posters.

Did you read my post properly?

What makes them fake?

new topics

join