It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing? Human potential ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I feel like there's something.. More.. Inside of us.

Not specifically related to a spirit, or the soul - I mean, perhaps this is what my vague thought process is about, I cannot be sure...

Yet... I seem unable to connect with that deeper concept.

I feel like some part of me is many times stronger, smarter, faster, more intelligent and wise, capable of creation and destruction...

Is this crazy?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

No, you are right, there are things hidden within.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You just watched Superman again, didn't you?!

Be honest! ;-)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Life has all kinds of distractions and like the parable of two wolves, it's all about which one you're feeding. It's all about choice and focus.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Not specifically related to a spirit, or the soul - I mean, perhaps this is what my vague thought process is about, I cannot be sure...

I feel like some part of me is many times stronger, smarter, faster, more intelligent and wise, capable of creation and destruction...

Is this crazy?
people have been looking for an explanation to this feeling for a long time. Some people look for it in religion, some people climb mountains, some people race cars. For me, i call it awe and exilleration. Awe at the world and excilleration at my ability to be in it. Is that not enough? You want more?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I have always felt that part of me is missing Turned off for some reason , Ever since I was a kid I've had problems with being empathetic, Déjà vu - Just thinking/knowing that I should be able to move things with my mind tried when I was a Kid and still try today. I'ts weird I get all stressed out, A feeling of something impending before something big happens. So right there with you also. We have been put in safe mode.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Is this crazy?

What's crazy is having abilities and not doing anything with them. Video games don't count.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I have always felt that part of me is missing Turned off for some reason , Ever since I was a kid I've had problems with being empathetic, Déjà vu - Just thinking/knowing that I should be able to move things with my mind tried when I was a Kid and still try today. I'ts weird I get all stressed out, A feeling of something impending before something big happens. So right there with you also. We have been put in safe mode.

Safe mode? More like capped mode, 'cos the safe thing is being fully functional and anything else is a bad compromise.

edit on 17201750pmk2017 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Some say you need to feed both to be truly great.

Embrace the darkness within, and what not.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthsSword

Haha haven't ever seen it honestly...

Man of steel, once, years ago

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

it's possible you are transitioning from STS to STO. It's a point in your life when you move from Service to Self, to Service to Others.

It's what compelled me to join masonry. I first wanted to be a Shriner to help kids, and then found out you had to become a mason first. (Plus I really wanted to know what ruling the world was like, so that added bonus was cool)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is the difference between a body lying on a morgue table and a body that's alive and moving around?

I think maybe that "something" that makes a body move is what you may be looking for. It's something we all share in common and is something those in power don't want us finding because once we find it we find everyone else as well and unity is found.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So, you feel to be a butterfly, but find yourelf as a chrysalis, at the pupa stage?

Feeling so trapped, what have you learned about your brain and how it can work outside of what is your common daily routine of eating, sleeping, socializing? What do you accept as real or fake, as possible but outside of your reach forever?

The pathways away from being merely a human are many and varied. Some valuable and some not so. "Seek and yee shall find" is the old saying. If not, stay mediocre and complain.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Onions have layers upon layers, the most important thing is in the center, that is what sprouts forth in the end, so strip away the layers, be like the onion.

Always be yourself, unless you can be technoviking, then always be technoviking.

edit on 6-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Is this crazy?

Humanity "fell from "heaven=above=higher potential"" when they mentally entered a dualistic state of mine. This brought disease of the mind (guilt resentment and fear) and negativity spread and we de-evolved.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Onions have layers upon layers, the most important thing is in the center, that is what sprouts forth in the end, so strip away the layers, be like the onion.

Always be yourself, unless you can be technoviking, then always be technoviking.

Techno Viking is using his higher potential.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Not specifically related to a spirit, or the soul - I mean, perhaps this is what my vague thought process is about, I cannot be sure

What if, when we awaken from sleep, we are still in a dream. That waking consciousness is a misnomer. That instead of two states of consciousness there are three or more. When they asked the Buddha to explain himself he replied I am a man that has awoken from a dream. Time to awaken deadlyhope.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Eh, it's not crazy.I think that urge individuals feel is a most natural feeling. Our better self reaching towards us. It's part of getting to know yourself better. The practice of working on that can help build a bridge to your aspirations. It often starts with a beautiful glimpse of what could be.

It can be helpful to look into authors in the areas of personal development. See what vibes with you as you investigate ideas. Myself, I'm partial to older works. Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Vernon Howard, and Norman Vincent Peale shared much on encouraging ones higher potentials.

new topics

top topics

join