It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Block James Comey Testimony

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SBMcG

a reply to: SBMcG

The problem is that James Comey and Trump met privately three times before he was fired. Two of them were over dinner and one of them was a Valentine Day dinner of all things.

Right, but the "memo" supposedly originated after the V-Day dinner unless I'm mistaken.

What's strange is that one of the committees again requested Comey to forward them the memos in question, but this 2nd request is being ignored, just like the first. Shouldn't he turn them over in advance of his Thursday testimony?

Man, I'm not sure Comey has even acknowledged there was a "memo" in the first place yet. I know that a half a dozen news outlets have "confirmed" the existence of "a memo", but that could mean just about anything.

Maybe the "memo" was pedestrian in nature -- what they had for dinner, etc. It's hard for me to envision a scenario where the Director of the FBI, while having a private dinner with the President of the United States, is furiously scribbling "notes" in the middle of a conversation.

That would make any "memo" that might exist an after-the-fact recollection as opposed to a contemporaneous account.

I still think Trump was/is playing Comey and there are Bigger Fish involved...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Man, I'm not sure Comey has even acknowledged there was a "memo" in the first place yet. I know that a half a dozen news outlets have "confirmed" the existence of "a memo", but that could mean just about anything.

Even if he had a notebook or "memos" I do not think that excuses him from reporting any obstruction in any investigation. Not reporting obstruction is a crime and Comey knows this.
With all the other "leaks" if there were any hint of obstruction we would have known about it by now.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Even if Comey decided later that Trump fired him because of Flynn, both Comey & Trump have acknowledged that the investigation would continue with or without Comey. So there's no obstruction.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Another Pyrrhic failure for the Get-Trump-at all-Costs leftists out there...

ABC News: Comey Will Testify Trump DID NOT "Obstruct" in Flynn Matter

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The problem is that James Comey and Trump met privately three times before he was fired. Two of them were over dinner and one of them was a Valentine Day dinner of all things.

Right, but the "memo" supposedly originated after the V-Day dinner unless I'm mistaken.

What's strange is that one of the committees again requested Comey to forward them the memos in question, but this 2nd request is being ignored, just like the first. Shouldn't he turn them over in advance of his Thursday testimony?

Maybe the "memo" was pedestrian in nature -- what they had for dinner, etc. It's hard for me to envision a scenario where the Director of the FBI, while having a private dinner with the President of the United States, is furiously scribbling "notes" in the middle of a conversation.

That would make any "memo" that might exist an after-the-fact recollection as opposed to a contemporaneous account.

I still think Trump was/is playing Comey and there are Bigger Fish involved...

Agreed..I've said that multiple times on ATS. But, "anonymous" people who know sources that are anonymous swear that Comey is a prolific memo writer. Maybe there just isn't that much for the head of the FBI to do on a daily basis. Government is very inefficient ya know.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Just heard (on Fox radio) that President Trump will be communicating his reactions to Comey's testimony LIVE via Twitter on Thursday. Direct to the public communications is one of the reasons he beat Hillary..and what his followers appreciate.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just heard (on Fox radio) that President Trump will be communicating his reactions to Comey's testimony LIVE via Twitter on Thursday. Direct to the public communications is one of the reasons he beat Hillary..and what his followers appreciate.

That should be hilarious!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Big question answered by White House:

Will Trump do the "Executive Privilege" thing with former FBI Director Comey?

Comey is scheduled to testify at the Senate Intelligence Committee inquiry this coming Thursday.

White House says no he won't.

Let it all come out !!!

Why would Trump want to make this an "Executive Privilege" issue anyway ?

Donald Trump Will Not Block James Comey Testimony

President Donald Trump will not exert executive privilege over former FBI Director James Comey as he is set to testify this week on Capitol Hill.

A statement from Press Secretary Sean Spicer released Monday afternoon read:

The President’s power to assert executive privilege is well-established. However, in order to facilitate a swift and thorough examination of the facts sought by the Senate Intelligence Committee, President Trump will not assert executive privilege regarding James Comey’s scheduled testimony.

I find it telling that they even made a statement on it. That appears to me to be a shot across the bow of whomever will be on the receiving end of what comes out. Why even mention it unless you want someone to know what's coming.

Now, say he suddenly changes his mind and does call privilege on Comey. That would suggest to me that his message was heard by someone loud and clear and they got back to him quickly.

Can't wait for the hearing!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If true, sounds like he expecting to roast someone or idea in real time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I don't have a Twitter account and I'll be driving most of the day. Hopefully there will be one of those famous LIVE reaction ATS threads rolling.

WHAT TIME is Comey expected to testify?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Don't know if there is a thread - but some news is coming out of ABC that Comey will not be saying Trump attempted to obstruct justice. If true (unnamed sources again!) this will be somewhat of a death blow to impeachment hawks. There were some suggestions on FOX tonight that Comey must be coming to the realisation that if he claims Trump tried to interfere he faces 3 years in jail for violating a statute that compelled him to report any illegal activity at the time...

There will be much in former FBI Director James Comey’s upcoming congressional testimony that will make the White House uncomfortable, but he will stop short of saying the president interfered with the agency's probe into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a source familiar with Comey's thinking told ABC News.

Although Comey has told associates he will not accuse the President of obstructing justice, he will dispute the president’s contention that Comey told him three times he is not under investigation. The president allegedly said he hoped Comey would drop the Flynn investigation, a request that concerned Comey enough that he documented the conversation in a memo shortly after speaking with the president.

In the memo, according to sources close to Comey who reviewed it, Trump said: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," during a February meeting. The request made Comey uncomfortable, but the source tells ABC News that Comey has told associates he will not accuse the President of obstructing justice. “He is not going to Congress to make accusations about the President’s intent, instead he’s there to share his concerns,” the source said, and tell the committee “what made him uneasy” and why he felt a need to write the memo documenting the conversation.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Scan up about 7 posts for the link

ETA: Der... You already have it.
edit on 6-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Scan up about 7 posts for the link

ETA: Der... You already have it.

Ha yes - just spotted it... you are on the ball tonight. You must have posted that as it was breaking. Good job!

edit on 6/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't have a Twitter account and I'll be driving most of the day. Hopefully there will be one of those famous LIVE reaction ATS threads rolling.

WHAT TIME is Comey expected to testify?

I follow @POTUS and his former account. If he throws up anything earth-shattering, I'll post a link.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There's no specific reason to blame Comey for having done his duties during his work in the position of FBI director.
It looks extremely suspicious though, that him and his investigation on Trump hypothetical "electoral collusion" , have become the spring/summer sensation in the EU.

Is the EU trying at any cost to discredit Comey, by attempting to have him painted a pro-EU an agent of influence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join