It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will Not Block James Comey Testimony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I heard today that the NSA will not release recordings of the meeting on the tarmac between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.... because 'National Security'.
What did Loretta say that her and Bill talked about? Grandkids and golf.

Trump could play the same game.... but he isn't!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Time to get f#cking comfy.

They can have some covfefe while they're waiting.

This will be interesting to say the least.

More telling than his answers, I think, will be the questions he is asked.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
We still haven't heard Comey or anyone else confirm that the oft-quoted memo is even real. I find Comey's complete & total silence to be quite curious. I suspect he is walking on very thin ice, legally speaking, and will give a serious of carefully-worked answers that leave everyone frustrated.

I personally don't believe there is a "memo" or Comey wouldn't be testifying. If a "memo" existed as described by the MSM, Comey himself would run the risk of being in legal jeopardy for violating any number of Federal statutes.

The worst aspect of all of this for the increasingly desperate "Get Trump!" crowd is that even if Comey had a "memo" stating exactly what the MSM has reported, it's meaningless because there's no crime there. It comes down to context, and no one anywhere is suggesting that Trump gave Comey a direct order or tried to intimidate him.

Further, there's almost no way to substantiate the timing of the creation of the "memo". I suppose he could have scanned it and emailed it to himself (presumably no one else has ever actually seen it), but again, if he went to all that trouble because the "memo" was that important, why the bloody hell didn't he show it to someone including the new acting AG Andrew McCabe?

The bombshell in all this...?

Trump has a "tape" and Comey knows it.

One of the many things I learned about Trump while reading "Art..." is that he doesn't bluff unless it's a hand he cannot only afford to lose, but one that will set up a bigger win down the road.

I don't think he's bluffing about having a "tape".
edit on 5-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He should have strung along the liberal media another day or two with this. Maybe even hint that he might block the testimony.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I heard today that the NSA will not release recordings of the meeting on the tarmac between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.... because 'National Security'.

Wait -- the NSA has "tapes" of that meeting between Lynch and Slick Willy?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

If there were electronic devices present, they will have recordings of anything that took place anywhere within range of the microphones.

Thing is, they will never let us know what their actual capabilities are.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to:
edit on 6/5/2017 by carewemust because: Cell phone button sensitivity issue

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The problem is that James Comey and Trump met privately three times before he was fired. Two of them were over dinner and one of them was a Valentine Day dinner of all things.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
The worst aspect of all of this for the increasingly desperate "Get Trump!" crowd is that even if Comey had a "memo" stating exactly what the MSM has reported, it's meaningless because there's no crime there. It comes down to context, and no one anywhere is suggesting that Trump gave Comey a direct order or tried to intimidate him.

That's what's frustrating me. The purported memo does not contain an order, or anything that could possibly be construed as a threat. Trump himself pointed out that firing Comey wouldn't stop the investigation; it's not like Comey was personally reviewing meeting transcripts.

So where is the obstruction or attempted obstruction, again?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The problem is that James Comey and Trump met privately three times before he was fired. Two of them were over dinner and one of them was a Valentine Day dinner of all things.

Right, but the "memo" supposedly originated after the V-Day dinner unless I'm mistaken.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

They will neither confirm or deny.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Comey can go from zero to hero if he does what i suggested in all my previous posts. It's not very likely that it's going to happen but who knows. It's pretty interesting that the MSM suddenly stopped to push the russian collusion narrative any further. I guess now they are all in the dark. I'm bursting with anticipation. I just imagined the confused looks on all of their faces. This is going to be so much fun.

The biggest bombshell in the history of the united states is going to be dropped on all of you. Remember you wanted Comey to testify. Time to get f#cking comfy.

Yes, we should all want Comey to testify and tell us the truth, no matter which side it "benefits".

I also wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. That bombshell that is coming may be dropped on your head as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

That's what's frustrating me. The purported memo does not contain an order, or anything that could possibly be construed as a threat. Trump himself pointed out that firing Comey wouldn't stop the investigation; it's not like Comey was personally reviewing meeting transcripts.

So where is the obstruction or attempted obstruction, again?

I will admit to being a cynical bas|ard, but that cynicism more often than not has proven itself warranted over the years.

I think I've finally figured out why the Alt-Left hates Trump so much.

Obama.

After the initial shock of seeing their "sure thing" candidate go down in one of the most brutal political beats in U.S. history, they woke up one morning and collectively realized something far worse had happened.

They got nothing from "Messiah" Obama.

Not. One. Thing.

Obama was the most liberal president in our history and was backed up by the most liberal Congress for his first 2 years in office. They could have done anything!

They could have passed the universal "free" healthcare system leftists pine for. They could have taxed "the rich" into oblivion. They could have completely shut down the fossil fuels industry, regulated the banking sector until it resembled a government-run financial system, handed out billions to their "low income" constituents, created the "uniformed" National Police Force Obama proposed, tried George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for "war crimes", and made illegal aliens "legal".

They could have given blacks "slavery reparations" in the hundreds of billions.

And that's just for starters...

But they got none of that. Obama got his wings clipped in 2010 and never recovered.

On top of that, I don't think they realized until after the fact what a one-man wrecking crew Obama was to the Democrat Party -- which is still in shambles and continues to implode, BTW.

So all their vitriol and hatred has to be directed somewhere, and what bigger target is there on Planet Earth these days than President Donald J. Trump?

This Comey/"memo" turd hunt is another exercise in uselessness. Republicans are going through the motions, and even a good number of Democrats in Congress know it's an air biscuit at most. But it makes their base happy, and there's nothing else they can offer at this point, so here we are...

edit on 5-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 2

edit on 5-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 3

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They will neither confirm or deny.

Well, would any of us be shocked if it turned out the NSA was wiretapping Lynch and Clinton that day?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

This is a fallacy of the greatest order; going public that a conversation happened; or that during that conversation this particular piece of data was publicly released; does not mean that the rest of that conversation [the parts we DON'T know about] aren't classified still.

It's not a fallacy.

Some legal experts will say that executive privilege as a claim (as it related to confidential information) is severely compromised when someone goes public with information that was contained in the private conversation.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It was in the Gateway Pundit... Link: NSA won't release...
The guy filing the FOIA request is the same one that Judicial Watch filed in behalf of to get some of Hillary's emails released.
edit on b000000302017-06-05T18:16:25-05:0006America/ChicagoMon, 05 Jun 2017 18:16:25 -0500600000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Right, but the "memo" supposedly originated after the V-Day dinner unless I'm mistaken.

What's strange is that one of the committees again requested Comey to forward them the memos in question, but this 2nd request is being ignored, just like the first. Shouldn't he turn them over in advance of his Thursday testimony?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump did the smart thing here. It has not worked out well for Presidents who use executive privilege in potentially criminal matters. Two of the previous Three that did, were impeached.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If James Comey says that President Trump DID attempt to stop his Michael Flynn investigation, it would mean that...

1. Comey LIED when he told Congress that no one has asked him to stop any ongoing investigations.

2. Comey committed a FELONY if Pres. Trump asked him to stop an investigation for political purposes, and Comey didn't report this request to the DOJ.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Comey is in a bind here.
He cleared hillary, which upon review by his supervisor got him fired.
He was "investigating" the trump campaign for "collusion" , which the fbi,cia,and nsa said there was no evidence of.
Comey worked for Mueller and they have quite the past; how is Mueller supposed to be impartial with respect to Comey?
Also Mueller had Comeys job previously, Mueller will know what Comey was legally to do with respect to "obstruction" and the executive branch. So far Comey, the DOJ, the leakers, and the press have no evidence of "obstruction".
Even if there is another investigation into "obstruction" now, there is no way Mueller would want Comey to speak about it and let those being investigated in on the plan.
So what is Comey going to say come Thursday?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join