It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Responds To Claims They Staged A Muslim Anti-Terror Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Still havent seen a video of the end user broadcast yet....

Good point. What pieces of the video displayed in the OP actually made it to air on CNN?

And how was it edited?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthsSword

As each "protester" comes out from behind the camera, they bend down and pick up a pre-made sign from near ground level. So, at a minimum, the signs are fake.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: TruthsSword

As each "protester" comes out from behind the camera, they bend down and pick up a pre-made sign from near ground level. So, at a minimum, the signs are fake.

Out in the open in a very public area.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
a reply to: sprockets2000
If CNN is telling the truth, why was everything set up BEFORE the "protesters" were let through? Why did they want to be let through?

Ps: what is that weird platform they are standing on?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder if we're approaching a "pro wrestling" moment, where CNN finally admits that it's all fake. Afterwards, the programming will be filled with melodrama, as actors playing Trump & Putin cackle evilly while plotting their villainous schemes

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I'm just going off the video. I wasn't there. It seems to me that legit protesters would have their own signs or at least read a sign they were given before the displayed it before a camera.

I've seen a lot of brazen things go down in public and it didn't look like there were tons of people standing around. I'm not sure how you would organize a fake protest in a private area and make it look legit. You can believe CNN or your own lying eyes I suppose.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
CNN truly needs to be shutdown and dissolved... This isn't the reporting of "news" this is pure propaganda that these c*nts are manufacturing...

I'm hopeful that the Trump Administration is in the process of doing just that, using National Security as the reason.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I don't believe the media but this is just a common practice. The reporters "stage" events such as this to better control the interviews. Would people be as outraged if Fox News did the same?
As a reporter how would you approach this? Geraldo just came to my mind. It was almost a disaster.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I don't believe the media but this is just a common practice. The reporters "stage" events such as this to better control the interviews.

It might be a common practice. I'm not in the industry and don't know. I've never seen anything like this before. I've been a protests and seen news coverage taking place and have never seen this.

Would people be as outraged if Fox News did the same?

I'm not outraged and I can't speak for others. My level of concern would be the same for Fox, BBC, RT or any other news source.

As a reporter how would you approach this?

I'm not a reporter. However, I think you approach it like any other story. You get video clips, you do your stand up part, and if you want an interview you ask someone to step away a bit and talk on camera.

I'm not sure what you're referencing with the Geraldo thing, but I'm sure he did that on purpose. He's a clown.

Being an outsider looking in, this looks like a Jerry Springer type of stunt. It doesn't look legit to me. But again, most of what the MSM reports is total fiction anyhow and is exactly why I don't watch them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

if you want an interview you ask someone to step away a bit and talk on camera. 

That's exactly what they did and more.

To be honest I just think they're overhyping this and seriously hoping to catch CNN in the act.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It could be. But if it is such a routine situation there should be two things: 1. Video of the actual, unaided protest, and 2. video of other news sources doing a similar thing at various times. Either of those pieces of evidence would go a long way in helping them. However, it seems they don't really need to do that. People on the right are going to hate them no matter what they do, and many people on the left will defend them, no matter what they do. Myself, being a radical centrist, don't believe anything any of them do.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I am pretty sure more videos will show up if they didn't already.

I've been following /pol/ on and off. Even /pol/ is unsure about this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Third time's a charm?

This isn't a protest, it's not an anti-protest, it's not staged by CNN or anyone else.

It was a vigil. Clearly the organizers invited the press so they could get their message out. Fox had coverage of it, the AP had video of it, the BBC, etc.

From the first thread:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: MysticPearl

They're not protesters. It's a vigil for the victims. Fox News ran footage of the same people apparently. Screen shot from the twitter thread:

Here's another:

Also:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Yeah, this is another nothing burger. Here's the AP story with video.

'Love will win' - Muslim community lay flowers for London attack victims

Members of London's Muslim community gathered near London Bridge on Sunday to pay their respects to the victims of Saturday's attack in which seven people were killed.

They laid flowers at the corner of Borough High Street which leads to the market.

A vigil will be held on Monday evening (local time) near London Bridge attended by London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

"By standing together as a city we will send a powerful message here and around the world - that Londoners will never be cowed by terrorism."

It will begin at 6pm Monday (5am Tuesday NZ) and there will be a minute silence at 6.20pm.

Looks like possibly a local imam and his congregation held a smallish vigil near the attack and invited press so they could publicly show their solidarity with other Londoners. You can see them lay flowers and then pick up their signs and pose for the media.

Not a staged protest folks.

edit on 2017-6-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In other words they overhype to prove a political point.
Not sure which is worse.
I think I feel sick.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you noticed, CNN RARELY develops its own news. It merely parrots what investigative reporters at other media companies dig up.

This Muslim Protest could be part of some "exclusive" that Anti-American CNN is putting together. Probably more fake segments being filmed on "sound stages" that we aren't aware of.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Their explanation is actually plausible. It's sad that they've trashed their reputation so badly the last few years that nobody is inclined to believe it. It's just as likely they were pursuing an agenda. That's what they do.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

Under the Supreme Court ruling of "Nuh-Uh", versus "Didn't Do It" in 1847, CNN is allowed to lie simply because they had their fingers crossed when they stated it.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Remember this CNN 'Blast From The Past'?

CNN Interviews their Own Camera Man Pretending to be a Protestor

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This will make people question every other positive claim about moderate Muslims standing up against the acts of ISIS. I know I will now... I wish the people used in this psy-op were aware the damage they are doing by being hauled out on stage to a fake protest to push a false narrative. To counter the truth that there were no real Muslims out there protesting standing up against ISIS.

Hmmm imagine that.

More proof that the real minority is in fact the moderate Muslims and that radical factions like ISIS and Wahhabism are the dominate force in Islam. Good thing this force is incapable of succeeding at it's goal of world domination. Though they stand to do some decent damage to the EU if they don't WAKE THE HELL UP!
edit on 5-6-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join