It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Right Into the Terrorist's Hands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ghandi was successful because the British were afraid of the might of the Indian people had they killed or imprisoned him.

Couldn't get worse, could it?

Borders... ok. You can keep your borders and I'll get my end of this war with terror for good. Deal?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am busy right now, but I could post probably at least 20 people saying how focusing on Islam is racists, or people are cowards for being afraid of terrorism, or how someone said the way to beat terror is to be like their grandma with the IRA and watch people blow up and keep on shopping.

You know these posts are out there.

And perhaps you missed in the OP where I condemned extremists that want to hurt all Muslims.

This congressman sounds like a moron. So what, I can point to tons of democrats that wouldn't even say Islamic extremism. Which of these voices do you think has more power?

You are ignorant or naive if you don't think there is a huge political movement to not put any attention on Islam, that is more concerned with Islamophobia after an attack than stopping another attack.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Ghandi was successful because the British were afraid of the might of the Indian people had they killed or imprisoned him.

Couldn't get worse, could it?

Borders... ok. You can keep your borders and I'll get my end of this war with terror for good. Deal?

You have a way of phrasing that makes it difficult for me to understand what you are saying.

I guess I'll just repeat, Ghandi was against not fighting aggressors and I gave many quotes on it, and Isis and globalists want the erosion of borders.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Ah yes. More of "Isis are just great honorable people and the west has driven them to this! We need to thank them for killing people in Western countries so that we can atone for a ways!!!"

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't state that. It is intellectually dishonest to do so. Also, your words demonstrate how cartoon and simple your take on geopolitics and terrorism are.

In case you were wondering, the OP was written especially for your ilk.

Care to expound on your psychoanalysis...?

Before you do, I suggest you up your understanding of geopolitics and terrorism that reflects an adult sophisticated perspective. The dumbing down of this topic for others is starting to irk me.

I criticize western foreign policy all of the time. So what, because these polices, which most people in the west are against (hence Bernie and trump having so much support who wanted to end Obama and Bushs regime change war) they just have to take their medicine aand they have no right to be concerned with Islamic extremism. They have to allow immigration of millions of unvetted refugees?

That's the cartoon s# I'm referring to right there. You're all over the place in your thought process about this topic. So easy to tell...

They should be mocked as racist for expressing these concerns?

I don't care either way. That is silly s# to entertain.

I love the arrogance of your type, the west is responsible for all evil people.

I never implied that. My past post do not either. You should read some of my post about the Gulf States. Again, you have such a cartoon way of seeing this topic. Geopolitics is complicated and not as black and white as you interpret it.

I suppose the west also is responsible for Boko Haram taking child brides.

The west also forced isis to kill shias all around the world.

Yes and No. Again, geopolitics is much more sophisticated than you make it out to be.

In fact, when Islamic factions were fight centuries before the US was formed, it was still the Us fault, right?

Your being very petulant and ignorant at the same time.

It is so funny that you claim to criticize western powers geopolitical decisions, yet you side with them on wanting unfettered immigration and total shaming of anyone with a fear of Islamic terror.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Truly a soldier for the global elites; one who thinks they dislike them but work with diligence to help them achieve their goals.

Jesus Christ. How old are you? Serious question.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Stop all fundings to religious groups, be it a governent like saudi arabia, or any cult , church or mosque, let them decide how they want to live, and let there population decide if they want to be slaves to there god or goverment, or want to fight for there own freedom.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist
Im 32.

We know, you are so tired of having to dumb down conversations for us peons, thank you so much for taking the time to impart your wisdom by coming on to the thread, saying one sentence and then calling me cartoonish.

It was a very mature thing to do. Funny for someone so concerned with age.

What exactly about the OP are you against?

It seems you are implying it is wrong because of geopolitics.

please tell me where I was wrong, and how your great understanding of geopolitics proves that.

Perhaps that would be more fruitful than just calling someone cartoonish and talking down to them

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Stop all fundings to religious groups, be it a governent like saudi arabia, or any cult , church or mosque, let them decide how they want to live, and let there population decide if they want to be slaves to there god or goverment, or want to fight for there own freedom.

I am for all of that. This is definitely part of the equation.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You certainly love the word "cartoon"
Can't say I understand your usage of it particularly, but then again I'm English and speak a different language

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Still working on the Ghandi angle? Uhuhu... I'm impressed, you've nearly wrapped your head around that non-violence thingy. Go on! You're nearly there, don't give up now!?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You certainly love the word "cartoon" Can't say I understand your usage of it particularl

I'm trying my best to not get my comment deleted for mannerism violation. It means to have very child-like perspective concerning the topic.

but then again I'm English and speak a different language

Brexit language?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I read yur post history.

It amounts to you (surpise surprise) balming the west for all of Isis behavior, and smugly thwoing around the word geoplitics like that makes you an expert.

have you read my post history? Have you read my criticisms of US policy, especially in Libya and Syria?

Did you see in the OP where I said the for whatever reason the media won't cover this abuses?

But no, you just found that cartoonish.

You have such arrogance for someone with such a simple world view.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

We know, you are so tired of having to dumb down conversations for us peons

Says the person who stated in the OP:

Everytime I hear this, I have to ask myself “Are people really this stupid?”

... thank you so much for taking the time to impart your wisdom by coming on to the thread, saying one sentence and then calling me cartoonish.

You're welcome. Btw, I find *most* people on this site very intelligent...

It was a very mature thing to do. Funny for someone so concerned with age.

I'm a mirror...

What exactly about the OP are you against?

A few things, but mainly this:

The argument that being fearful helps terrorists because they want us to be terrified is partly true. However, that terror is merely a means to obtain their goal. One of those goals is, are you ready for this, “to replace existing, man-made borders,” Hmm. So according to many people, even mentioning Islamic terror is playing into their hands, but recommending eliminating borders and allowing unvetted people by the millions into countries isn’t?

ISIS/Al-Qaeda's goal is to maintain US hegemony...

The most important thing for Isis is to win; to beat the west through war or conversion. And demanding that people not be afraid or focus on Isis, or claim Islam has anything to do with them is a great help in this effort.

Beat the West?

Most are aware of the fact that the US has a indirect dependence on global energy market prices. America suffers if there are any disruption to oil exports despite America's own decline in importing Saudi oil over the past few decades. America needs to remain the global power within the Middle East. It does this by selling the Gulf States billions of dollars of arms to appease them for the weak oil imports and help them fight their proxy wars using "rebels". There are way more variables at play than only that but, for now I will leave it there since the topic is centred around ISIS.

If America does not fund the Saudi regime—China will fill the void. If China were to assume the role of becoming the de facto guarantor of stability in the Gulf region, it would diminish America's power in the South China Sea. China will gain power over other Asian economies — mostly Japan and S.Korea. It will also create tension in India by giving China more dominion in the Indian Ocean.

To keeps things short: the US role in supporting, funding and arming terrorist in the Middle East has more to do with maintaining US Imperialism/global hegemony.

please tell me where I was wrong, and how your great understanding of geopolitics proves that.

I don't have a great understanding of geopolitics. I have an adult understanding of it. Maybe I should create some threads on the topic so threads such as these that demonstrate ignorance show up less frequent in the future. Yeah?

Perhaps that would be more fruitful than just calling someone cartoonish and talking down to them

That's ironic you would make such a statement considering your entire OP seemed to do just that...

Q; What's playing right into the terrorist hands?

A: USA/NATO.

Didn't America just sigh a 310 Billion $ arms deal with Saudi—the biggest sponsor of extremism—two weeks ago?

Funny how that worked out...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So your argument is that the people that control the US and the west are funding isis.

I agree with this and have criticized it.

But somehow these same leaders actually are against globalism.

So Obama and company is funding Isis, and cheering against Brexit, but the brexit part was a clever ruse by them and they secretly don't want a more global system.

They also push for things like international trade agreements and climate accords that help allow global authority, but this is all a ruse and they secretly want strong nation states.

Merkel and company, who I am sure you know are involved via nato with the Us decisions with Isis, are publiclo pushing for more refugees, and for a more global government, but secretly want things like brexit, and they don't want Muslim refugees.

Maybe if you didn't come into the thread trying to sound like some intellectual guru, it would not be so easy to point out your logical failures.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't think it helps when they are carrying on " this is a low tech terror attack, very easy to just drive a van into a crowd, then jump out and stab people, you don't even need guns, strap,on some fake bombs, blah, blah". This really gives the idea for anyone to do this anywhere, any time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Maybe if you didn't come into the thread trying to sound like some intellectual guru, it would not be so easy to point out your logical failures.

Please, spare me your hypocrisy.

So your argument is that the people that control the US and the west are funding isis.

I agree with this and have criticized it.

So, if you agree with this fact; what did you mean when you stated the following in your OP?

The most important thing for Isis is to win; to beat the west through war or conversion.

Also:

But somehow these same leaders actually are against globalism.

What in God's name are you talking about now...?

So Obama and company is funding Isis, and cheering against Brexit, but the brexit part was a clever ruse by them and they secretly don't want a more global system.

1. How does Brexit tie into terrorism?

2. How does Brexit tie into stopping China from filling the void in the Middle East...?

They also push for things like international trade agreements and climate accords that help allow global authority, but this is all a ruse and they secretly want strong nation states.

How does that tie into terrorism...?

Merkel and company, who I am sure you know are involved via nato with the Us decisions with Isis, are publiclo pushing for more refugees, and for a more global government, but secretly want things like brexit, and they don't want Muslim refugees.

How does that tie into terrorism/ISIS...?

Again:

You haven't pointed out anything other than your own lack of understanding concerning the topic. You have a very simple world view.

Tell me more about these "dissolving borders", pls?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's not as if this is like Roman times and Germanic tribes invading are going to topple the empire...there's a differnce between taking over land in Syria and having any sort of real affect on modern civilization.

Using words like terrorism and terrorists is probably not going to do much for any discussion. Those words are essentially abstract and philosophical. Definitely not as defined as it could be. Same thing with Islam, probably not so much about Islam as it is about brainwashing, by particularly corrupt "instructors". Desperate people are more likely to take to an a-hole....see the Germans with good ol' Hitler and more recently with Trump.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I appreciate the nuanced approach to the issue of acknowledging and actually addressing terrorism.

But it isn't just ISIS.

Terrorists are lead by Islamists who are supported by the VAST majority of the extremely religiously conservative Islamic world. Their world view is diametrically opposed to the concept of liberty, religious or otherwise. It's the very philosophy of Islam that fuels this. There is no separation of mosque and state. The Mosque IS the State. Islam is the state, the economy, the military doctrine, and the social order. Islam is a sociopolitical ideology more than it is ANYTHING ELSE.

Cloaking it in some kind of spiritual aspect to sucker in ignorant and superstitious peoples(the world over) is also another sign of a totalitarian ideology.

I'm very intolerant of religion as a philosophy in general, but Islam in particular. They've been expanding by the edge of the sword for 1400 years and all some of us can worry about is whether we might hurt their feelings by calling them out on their twisted belief.

Not all philosophies stand on the mantel of legitimacy, moral or otherwise. We've shown this to be true many times in history by stamping out the spread of insane ideologies like this.

ISIS is but a tiny cog in the clockwork. To all of this add a willingness by governments like the US and EU to use terrorism as an excuse to accrue more powers, and we are basically in a situation where the government abandons its duty to protect the nation. Europe is truly in a frightening situation. But, they are so worried about hurting feelings that they refuse to drop the hammer and start getting rid of these people by the plane, train, boat, and bus the hell back where they came from.
edit on 6 6 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Your post invoked a perspective I had not previously thought of. Perhaps it's already known and I am oblivious but would any sort of hierarchical structure be in complete hypocrisy to the belief? If there were any sort of chain of command would in not be fluid as these folks would martyr themselves?

In effect it would take itself out in the long run but that is not what we are seeing. Maybe it's just a religious thing to not practice what you preach, and instead do as I say not as I do.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I'm just going to quote you to put your thought-process on display.

I read yur post history.
It amounts to you (surpise surprise) balming the west for all of Isis behavior, and smugly thwoing around the word geoplitics like that makes you an expert.

You read my post, huh? Did you skip over the ones were I refer to the Gulf States roles in all this? Who is ISIS according to your understanding? Btw, I use the word "geopolitics" because that is what is being discussed and what most grown people use. What word do you prefer...?

have you read my post history? Have you read my criticisms of US policy, especially in Libya and Syria?

I don't care about your post history or your criticism of US foriegn policy. I'm only focused on your thought-process in the OP and your responses in this thread...

Did you see in the OP where I said the for whatever reason the media won't cover this abuses?

Yes...

You have such arrogance for someone with such a simple world view.

You should see me in real life. I'm super arrogant. You're very confident for someone who has absolutely no reason to be. I somehow find that admirable for some strange reason.

Back to the OP:

Now look, I am not saying that this means bash all Muslims, or threaten to nuke people. That is overboard, and does help Isis. This will lead to people having no choice but having to go to Isis for protection.

Can you explain your thought process here, pls?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It ties in because they are/control the terrorists

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join