It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Right Into the Terrorist's Hands

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm actually in the process of making a thread on that very topic

This latest attack was allegedly in retaliation for the RAF dropping bombs saying "love from Manchester" on them

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You see an answer there right? Don't align with the useless eaters! Align with the intelligent, go "Ghandi"! Give them no reason to send their Storm Troopers the way of you and your like minded group! And plant a garden!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The answer is the same for both questions...

It's a tactic that will work. It may take years, generations even, but eventually, it'll work. It always has, and shows no signs of not working now.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Grambler

Here - bet you can't explain this mindset.

Who is the bigger threat to your safety? A terrorist or someone whose brain thinks like the person apologizing to the Imam?......

That is the best example of what I think is the underlying problem preventing a proper response to the murdering Islamic radicals...the fact liberals don't even understand the religion AND in their self-appointed eliteness, won't even listen to the experts who could explain it to them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins. These are two people that I respect immensely, and each of them have deep concerns about Islam.

There is a conflict of culture between Western nations and Islam that people are not taking seriously enough. Politically, I've moved further from the left due to a lot of troubling things I'm seeing from that side of the political spectrum lately--I am pro critical thinking, and I believe that some in the progressive community--especially institutions of higher education--have completely lost their way in this sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yep. It's also working over here in the west too.

Indoctrination is one of the most powerful tools of control. How do you prevent something you don't even know is happening to you?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Just wake me up once you're willing to look at 15 years of failed policies. More blind actionism simply wont cut it.

pretending that love will solve it is what is actually playing right into the terrorist’s hands.

It worked out for Ghandi though.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

A discussion on how Islam is a horrible religion that requires followers to kill all non-believers...

If it wasn't capable of having adherents interpret it that way, then we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

How many threads are started about Sikhs blowing people up?

Did you hear about all those Hindus shooting up nightclubs?

What about those crazy Zoroastrians driving vans through crowds of pedestrians?

No... no, wait, those things aren't becoming a regular fixture of western life.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
... not so helpful.

But is it more or less helpful than sticking your fingers in your ears because you're so afraid of being labelled a racist?

The problem with sticking your fingers in your ears is that you will only ever hear your own side of the story, you will only let yourself be exposed to the things that confirm your own prejudiced worldview.

There is a cold, hard, unavoidable truth - there is a significant group of people who agree with an interpretation of Islam that justifies what they are doing.

There is also, however, a warm, encouraging truth - there is an even larger group of people who agree with an interpretation of Islam that denounces and rejects what the bad guys are doing.

Sticking your fingers in your ears will only ever help one of those groups, and it's not the group we want. You are, through your refusal to address it, giving tacit support and acceptance to terrorists and their ideology.

Take your fingers out of your ears. Don't be so afraid of being part of the solution that you make yourself part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Did you really just bring up Ghandi?

ZzzzzzzstaysleepzzzzzzzZ

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My take on it is that while ISIS might have an overarching goal of establishing a caliphate, the acts of terrorism are not a direct means to that end.

Why terrorism? I believe that there are a few motivations but two primary:

1. It's a recruitment tool. It's meant to demonstrate their reach and their resolve. To show these jihadists striking out at the West successfully.

2. I believe it's intended to provoke a particular response and this is what many people mean and most should when they say, "you're playing right into their hands." Think beyond the superficial reason which would be to "provoke fear." They're trying to factionalize Western populations and provoke continued military response.

They want nothing more than non-Muslims to turn on their Muslim countrymen because it rallies people to their cause. And like a lot of far-right zealots, they are trying very hard to orchestrate an all out holy war.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Exactly.

Very few, if any, are immune to indoctrination. Religious. Scientific. Etc...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Mahatma Gandhi was once declared a terrorist. And a rare British Parliament paper declaring the Father of Nation a terrorist in 1932, was sold for a pathetic sum of just £260 yesterday at an auction in London.

zzzzzzZZZZ

Cheap giggles!

Wait... that makes me a terrorist sympathiser, right? Right?
edit on 5-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Just wake me up once you're willing to look at 15 years of failed policies. More blind actionism simply wont cut it.

pretending that love will solve it is what is actually playing right into the terrorist’s hands.

It worked out for Ghandi though.

I criticize these failed policies all of the time. The same globalists people that brought us those failed policies are the ones telling us we need to break down borders, accept huge amounts of "refugees" and shout about people being Islamophobic.

Ghandi was successful because the British were afraid of the might of the Indian people had they killed or imprisoned him.

It worked because the British did not seek total annihilation of the Indian people, unlike Isis.

Here are some Ghandi quotes for you."I do believe that where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence I would advise violence,"

"..Hence also do I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor." - M.K. Gandhi, The Doctrine of the Sword.

"..He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by non-violently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully ..."

"...A man who, when faced by danger, behaves like a mouse, is rightly called a coward.

Not knowing the stuff of which nonviolence is made, many have honestly believed that running away from danger every time was a virtue compared to offering resistance, especially when it was fraught with danger to one's life. As a teacher of nonviolence I must, so far as it is possible for me, guard against such an unmanly belief.

Self-defence ... is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation."

I included all of these on a thread I did that was relevant to this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It’s time to wake up. Yes extremist rhetoric from all sides should be condemned. But ignoring the problem of Islamic terrorism and pretending that love will solve it is what is actually playing right into the terrorist’s hands.

I thought ignoring western foriegn policy and Gulf State political ideologies along with Turkey, Jordan, Egypt and Israel's geopolitical practice was playing right into the terrorist hands.

It's amazes me how cartoon and ironic grown folk's perspectives can truly be:

Normal people who just want to be safe are being called racist or cowards, and they are starting to get fed up. These people aren’t racist, they aren’t Islamaphobes; they just want action taken to deal with the problem. Many did things like vote for Brexit, and all of the know it all wealthy people and people in the media told them how terrible they were for doing this. They are being pushed further and further into the corner. And when they are at their final straw, you know who will be there to help them; the actual racists. And that’s when the real bloodbath will occur.

In fact, it's so cartoon:

Everytime I hear this, I have to ask myself “Are people really this stupid?”

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

My take on it is that while ISIS might have an overarching goal of establishing a caliphate, the acts of terrorism are not a direct means to that end.

Why terrorism? I believe that there are a few motivations but two primary:

1. It's a recruitment tool. It's meant to demonstrate their reach and their resolve. To show these jihadists striking out at the West successfully.

2. I believe it's intended to provoke a particular response and this is what many people mean and most should when they say, "you're playing right into their hands." Think beyond the superficial reason which would be to "provoke fear." They're trying to factionalize Western populations and provoke continued military response.

They want nothing more than non-Muslims to turn on their Muslim countrymen because it rallies people to their cause. And like a lot of far-right zealots, they are trying very hard to orchestrate an all out holy war.

The globalists such as Merkel are also seeking this holy war.

How else to you explain that their ideals of eliminating national borders coincides with Isis's ideal?

Most people will not go for holy war. But when they are told over and over agian that they are cowards and racist for worrying about Islamic terror, they shift ever closer to the far right zealots you fear so much.

The way to stop both Isis and the far right zealots is to be honest about Islamic terror, and take steps to defeat it.

How is a military response automatically divide Muslims from the rest of us? Is your logic really so simple as "Isis wants us to attack them. Therefore, we will do the opposite, not attack them, welcome them in, and shame anyone who has a problem with it. That will defeat them!"

That is insane.

I stand by the OP, people calling anyone racist or a coward that has any worry of Islamic extremist, or people whose first concern is not stopping terror but not hurting Muslims feelings are exactly what Isis wants.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The next step in this thing is for retaliatory events to start playing into the drama.

By the way in my opinion the armed troops on patrol in force around London were to guard against retaliation actions by the citizens. That would be a real wake up call for the Londoners had they flipped out.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Dude its almost like some James Bound where world leaders are being blackmailed or otherwise strong armed by some Ice Man figure i.e. our leaders have already been briefed by ********* that over 500 operatives are spread out over the earth with small yield nuke weapons........all the public stuff is just so the sheep get their minds right.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Ah yes. More of "Isis are just great honorable people and the west has driven them to this! We need to thank them for killing people in Western countries so that we can atone for a ways!!!"

In case you were wondering, the OP was written especially for your ilk.

I criticize western foreign policy all of the time. So what, because these polices, which most people in the west are against (hence Bernie and trump having so much support who wanted to end Obama and Bushs regime change war) they just have to take their medicine aand they have no right to be concerned with Islamic extremism. They have to allow immigration of millions of unvetted refugees?

They should be mocked as racist for expressing these concerns?

I love the arrogance of your type, the west is responsible for all evil people.

I suppose the west also is responsible for Boko Haram taking child brides.

The west also forced isis to kill shias all around the world.

In fact, when Islamic factions were fight centuries before the US was formed, it was still the Us fault, right?

It is so funny that you claim to criticize western powers geopolitical decisions, yet you side with them on wanting unfettered immigration and total shaming of anyone with a fear of Islamic terror.

Truly a soldier for the global elites; one who thinks they dislike them but work with diligence to help them achieve their goals.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am really glad you wrote this.

Yes, the breakdown of borders is what they want.

The breakdown of borders is good for western style commerce infusion and
swinging culture everywhere.

As burdman pointed out yet another handler objective through kate perry,
no walls, no borders coexist yada yada. Glad he sees this. Thanks for speaking up on this burdman.

Ticket sales and a guarded palace in every continent is what katy is thinking about. She would get knighthood for being a good tool, were she a male, and she doesn't have a clue, or does she, as to what she is serving.

She does now.

What the globalist intend to gain from a world state is the elimination of God, ultimately, replaced with a tacky science fair featuring quantum swinging, transgender exhibits, the miracle of remote real time early aids detection and other supernatural wonders. Last Friday on the view, spirit channeling was demonstrated. They received a memo from Turner. The woman said that Ted would not have fired Kathy Griffin....

Before anyone scoff, recall that bolsheviks sent a lot of bullets through brains by getting it's victims to utter that they did not renounce God, nor respect their barbaric totalitarian 'power'. Millions upon millions were brutally assassinated. Pop culthistory ignores this holocaust. Why did the Bolsheviks do this? Because to claim one is to deny the other. The concept of God has always been a gadfly to them, and will always be a target especially in human form.

This will be done through laws and technology, technofascism, which first bans 'hate'
and eventually bans religion, all the while demanding subservience to the machine.
They will strike a world constitution which eliminates guns, right to self defense, speech, and surveils everything and all to the most minute detail, because they can, in one fell swoop.

Les Misanthropes added that in order to combat the tear aspect, we should be allowed to communicate freely with no fear of new world globalist consequences
of falling into the hatespeech net, and he is dead on with this.

This 'hatespeech' concept is the brainchild of zionism, imo, because by outlawing speech as to what one finds objectionable sufficiently to 'hate', they are protecting the flanks of their world control machinery.
They are making themselves unassailable, in deed, word, and thought.

No one will be allowed to hate them, or even call them out, if no one is allowed to 'hate' anything at all. That is what they hope comes out of the 'co-exist' blender, when religion, or 'God' is added to the mix, like it or not. Chances are you are an athiest. But that doesn't diminish the importance of what you speak of in terms of politics and world control.

It was brilliant. The three of you were brilliant, and cut to the heart of the matter.
Each of us have raised red flags with our thinking.
In the globalsit state, these red flags,
would be actionable.
Because at last, they can.

Your thread and Les Mis's astute observation have essentially enabled me to break away from the computer for the remainder of the day such that I can garden, and pull weeds, and focus on the vibrations in the air which are
quite visible without acid's consent.

I see through them. So do you. So does Les Mis. And burd. I wish you were here. Thanks.

# 801
edit on 5-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

How is a military response automatically divide Muslims from the rest of us? Is your logic really so simple as "Isis wants us to attack them. Therefore, we will do the opposite, not attack them, welcome them in, and shame anyone who has a problem with it. That will defeat them!"

No? I didn't say anything like that.

In the real world, things are messy and multiple things can be true that for political reasons, people like to pretend are contradictory. And more often than not, there is not simple, straightforward answer.

ISIS wants a holy war. Right? Can we agree to that? As long as they are able to continue operating, the fact there is a military conflict will continue to draw fighters to their cause. All they need to do is keep recruiting faster than we can kill them.

We have to keep fighting them (and we need to win) but at the same time, having a "fight" to fight draws more people looking for a fight into their ranks. It's like being in quicksand. You can't not get out of the quicksand because eventually you'll sink and die but struggling draws you in deeper.

I stand by the OP, people calling anyone racist or a coward that has any worry of Islamic extremist, or people whose first concern is not stopping terror but not hurting Muslims feelings are exactly what Isis wants.

1. I don't believe that what you describe is reality. I'm concerned with stopping terror. I think most people are. According to what you're saying, there's *somebody* who is calling everyone concerned with stopping terror racist cowards. Nobody has called me a racist coward. Has anyone called you a racist coward? It's not "being concerned with terrorism" that is the problem, it's the muppets yammering Pamela Gellar s#.

2. Is your belief in this amorphorous "globalist agenda" so overwhelming that you can't see that openly attacking all Muslims is only playing into ISIS's hand?

Let me give you some examples of what I'm talking about and you were right in this thread so I can only assume you saw this:

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Reza Aslan, an Iranian-American religious studies expert who hosts a Sunday program on the network

So CNN employs an Islamic religious studies expert....no different than an imam who issues their Fatwas condemning the West.

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Fu*k Reza Aslan....throw this asshole out of the country.
And fu*k CNN too.
They are the pieces of sh*t.
I am done being nice towards these terrorist sympathizers.

originally posted by: Violater1
Send the gift of MOAB to the cube. That and only that, will make them realize that we are done!

That's page #1. How about this thread?

Congressman calls for Christian holy war on Islamic radicals: ‘Kill them all’

A U.S. congressman from Louisiana posted Sunday on Facebook that “all of Christendom” is at war with “Islamic horror” and all “radicalized Islamic suspects” should be hunted and killed.

The free world... all of Christendom... is at war with Islamic horror. Not one penny of American treasure should be granted to any nation who harbors these heathen animals. Not a single radicalized Islamic suspect should be granted any measure of quarter. Their intended entry to the American homeland should be summarily denied. Every conceivable measure should be engaged to hunt them down. Hunt them, identify them, and kill them. Kill them all. For the sake of all that is good and righteous. Kill them all. -Captain Clay Higgins

That's a Republican US Congressman calling for a holy war. That's not exactly what ISIS wants? It is EXACTLY what ISIS wants.

How do you not acknowledge a difference between people who "are concerned about stopping terrorism" and the huge swath of people who are advocating for a holy war?

Clay Higgins is playing right into ISIS's hand just like the folks I quoted.

edit on 2017-6-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join