It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Right Into the Terrorist's Hands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Just look at radical Islam as a plague that has infested Islam. Once you acknowledge that these are 2 different entities, it will be much easier for you to have an honest discussion.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Political Correctness will be the death of you all and so will inaction.

More people need to die. Lets say between 50 to 100 in the next 6 months ok? Great.

All we need is love and discussion. Yup.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And there are two discussions that need to be had about it:

1. Why is Islam so prone to spawn this level of violent extremism

2. Why are Islamic extremists so violent

We do know that Islamic radicals are very much fundamentalists, but think about the fundamentalists of all religions that you can think of. For sure, there are the occasional violent groups that pop up among all of them, but Islam seems to have a veritable plague of them as compared to the others.

Is this something that is a structural feature of the parent religion or is it something else?

Think about most really radical fundamental Christian groups. They tend to go off into isolation more often than not.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

www.cnn.com... I would add one thing; the don’t just want a battle, they want to win it.

ISIS makes no secret of its ultimate ambition: A global caliphate secured through a global war. To that end it speaks of "remaining and expanding" its existing hold over much of Iraq and Syria. It aims to replace existing, man-made borders, to overcome what it sees as the Shiite "crescent" that has emerged across the Middle East, to take its war -- Islam's war -- to Europe and America, and ultimately to lead Muslims toward an apocalyptic battle against the "disbelievers."

How can you call it winning when you are left with nothing but a barren wasteland? If their goal is to reduce everything to rubble, the only caliphate they can hope for is after death. The whole thing is insane.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If we were talking about 12verism, I'd say they actually don't care. They need to kill of about 1/3 of the world's population to bring back their 12th Imam, but that's a Shi'a belief and ISIS are Sunni.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And on another note, we also need to talk about what is going wrong in our own culture that so many of our own are enamored of this cult and want to go join up.

You would think we would be able to offer better alternatives than this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Political Correctness will be the death of you all and so will inaction. More people need to die. Lets say between 50 to 100 in the next 6 months ok? Great. All we need is love and discussion. Yup.

Except this does not grow love and discussion. People have a tipping point.

What you are going to end up with is the outbreak of Kristallnacht all over the country, followed by a nasty civil war.

Nobody wins.

edit on 5-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Political Correctness will be the death of you all and so will inaction. More people need to die. Lets say between 50 to 100 in the next 6 months ok? Great. All we need is love and discussion. Yup.

Except this does not grow love and discussion. People have a tipping point.

What you are going to end up with is the outbreak of Kristallnacht all over the country, followed by a nasty civil war.

Nobody wins.

World leaders better hurry up and make a plan before people start making up ideas to solve the issue themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

1. Why is Islam so prone to spawn this level of violent extremism 

Generations of indoctrination. They don't know any better.

2. Why are Islamic extremists so violent 

Same answer as above. Also being born into war and witnessing violence on a daily basis kind of desensitizes you.

Now for how this even spawned to begin with is a totally different question.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And on another note, we also need to talk about what is going wrong in our own culture that so many of our own are enamored of this cult and want to go join up. You would think we would be able to offer better alternatives than this.

The majority of these people are either paid shills or simply fake supporters.

Watch how fast their position changes when they are cowering in hiding, crying, and praying to be saved.

You have heard the saying, "There are no Atheist in a foxhole"?

There are no compassionate, loving, apologetic, SJWs, when their head in on the chopping block.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah, except I think those are very overly simplistic answers. You could make almost the same argument for most religions and they don't have nearly the same issues.

I did see one comparison on YouTube by Sargon. He was comparing some of the basic guiding principles of Christianity with Islam, and if you know of Sargon, you know he's a Humanist, so he's got no dog in the fight. He noticed that the way they were written, the Commandments were mainly meant as internal guides, intrinsic, while the Muslim guides were external,, extrinsic.

So the Christian rules were more like self-help and the Muslims ones would invite you to act on others more to correct and control.

Forgive me if I am putting this badly. It's been a while since I've watched that particular video but that seemed to be the gist.

Now we do all know people who don't always act that way.

Ah, here it is. 7 Deadly sins. Anyhow, it's worth a listen. There is no judgment necessarily on whether the things mentioned for either one are good/bad. It's just the way they are written.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Everything you've said is absolutely drop dead correct!

However, I think we have to acknowledge the fact that regardless how many people ISIS kills, from Santa Barbara California, to Manchester England to London, the current leaders and their administrations, JUST DON'T CARE!

So, what ya' gonna do? Vote them out of office? It doesn't work because their so-called political opponents are playing from the same play book.......they don't care either, they just want to get elected so they can feather their own nests and get out with their ill gotten gains before its too late.

Having said that, its pretty obvious to me that as far as the political class is concerned, the rest of us are just collateral damage. You have to change that before you can change anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The reason is that one of the richest nations in the world, Saudi Arabia, has been funding Wahhabist madrasas throughout the muslim world for decades. These schools teach fundamentalist Islam and have been supported so that the West is seen as the great Satan and the locals won't look to closely at the horrible crimes against humanity that the Saudis commit on a regular basis. Extremism joined with poverty and the constant drum beat of virtually all media about every bomb the US and the West drops and we have our current state. This is all a thumbnail of my humble opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There's the answer! Legalize Marijuana.

Stoned Jihadi's are passive Jihadi"s!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yeah, I'm sick and tired of celebrating the unity after the attacks. It's insulting.

It's like celebrating that everyone comes together and holds their emotions in check during a funeral.

How about asking how to have fewer funerals?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Its not just insulting. Its ridiculous, its platitudinous.

I don't know where this all ends, but if it gets bad enough, its going to hurt economies and maybe then the elites will take notice!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That may be true for those jihadists in Muslim countries but that isn't true of home grown British jihadists / extremists though. They weren't born into war and violence, their parents and grandparents weren't extremists. We had no extremists back in the 70's & 80's everyone in the main got along because there weren't so many of them, they had to integrate and work. Its the younger generation that are the problem. You don't find that the suicide bombers are blokes in their 50s or 60s but kids half the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That was a very insightful video, thanks.

The contrast almost seems deliberate.

Not to go way too off topic, but your video reminded of me of a thread I made not too long ago where I came up with some wild theories. You could replace a few words here and there and it would make a lot of sense. Atleast in my world

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You're right and thats a good point. It's hard to pin point it exactly, how do those homegrown extremists come to be? I think the common thread among almost all of them is the belief that the west is at fault. Which they are probably right about. But what drives them to the extreme, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Its not just insulting. Its ridiculous, its platitudinous. I don't know where this all ends, but if it gets bad enough, its going to hurt economies and maybe then the elites will take notice!

People keep skipping behind the political and MSM pied pipers. The tune is catchy and they think it is all fun and games. They think they look sophisticated, virtuous, and informed.

More than economics are going be hurt, and the elite will be tucked away in their pre-constructed Elysium, watching the useless eaters fight for their lives.

The cities are going to get hit the hardest. Do you think troops are going to be able to discern friend from foe, when social media is fraught with idiots and sympathizers? If troops come in, everyone will be treated as a potential threat.

Unto the breach, dear friends, the game's afoot!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join