It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Right Into the Terrorist's Hands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Terrorism is unfortunately becoming a frequent event in the lives of many people around the globe.

Unfortunately, it has been a reality form many countries around the world for a long time, and the Main stream media just felt it wasn’t important enough to focus on.

This thread is not really about what caused groups like ISIS and Al Qeada. I have many thoughts that people on both the left and right would agree and disagree with.

This thread is about something that comes up after every terror attack. People ranging from leaders of a country right down to lowly ATS members discuss what should be done about terrorism. And inevitably, people will claim that some of those thoughts are “Playing right into the terrorist’s hands”.

This seems to be brought up most often when someone is discussing Islam’s ties to terror, or when retaliation, or preparedness is suggested.

“Trump’s rhetoric about Islamic terror is playing right into their hands!” “Discussing terror is being fearful and playing right into their hands!” “Investigating people returning from Syria is playing right into their hands”.

In fact, it seems that the mere act of acknowledging that terrorism is a problem is somehow playing right into their hands. The theory seems to go that terrorism exists to cause terror, so by acknowledging the problem, or God forbid having a rational fear of it that leads to action, is allowing the terrorists to win.

Everytime I hear this, I have to ask myself “Are people really this stupid?”

Only in the insanity of the world today can acknowledging a threat be accused of helping the threat win. I assume the solution is to imagine the threat doesn’t exist. I have actually seen this posted on ATS by several members. If we see a bomb just maim 10 people, we shouldn’t even blink. We should carry on shopping or whatever we were doing. Then the terrorists will get bored, and go away.

I assume this is the thought behind everyone holding hands and singing “Imagine”. Just one more vocalists, or one more song, and Isis will finally be defeated.

So before we answer the question of what is “Playing into the terrorist’s hands” it is important to know what they want. Just so I am not accused of posting a terrible conservative source, I will use the very credible (cough) CNN.

“ISIS makes no secret of its ultimate ambition: A global caliphate secured through a global war. To that end it speaks of "remaining and expanding" its existing hold over much of Iraq and Syria. It aims to replace existing, man-made borders, to overcome what it sees as the Shiite "crescent" that has emerged across the Middle East, to take its war -- Islam's war -- to Europe and America, and ultimately to lead Muslims toward an apocalyptic battle against the "disbelievers."

www.cnn.com...

I would add one thing; the don’t just want a battle, they want to win it.

Now ask yourself, what seems to be helping them achieve this goal more? People being fearful of them and wanting to take action, or people refusing to acknowledge Islam has anything to do with the terror, or that warns of Islamaphobia immediately after attacks?

The argument that being fearful helps terrorists because they want us to be terrified is partly true. However, that terror is merely a means to obtain their goal. One of those goals is, are you ready for this, “to replace existing, man-made borders,”. Hmm. So according to many people, even mentioning Islamic terror is playing into their hands, but recommending eliminating borders and allowing unvetted people by the millions into countries isn’t?

Which do you think Isis thinks is more of a help to their cause?

Isis wants people to condemn Islamaphobia immediately after attacks. It wants people to make excuses for Sharia law. It wants people to argue for no nation states and free movements of people. These all help them achieve their goals far more rapidly.

The most important thing for Isis is to win; to beat the west through war or conversion. And demanding that people not be afraid or focus on Isis, or claim Islam has anything to do with them is a great help in this effort.

Now look, I am not saying that this means bash all Muslims, or threaten to nuke people. That is overboard, and does help Isis. This will lead to people having no choice but having to go to Isis for protection. But we need to stop pretending that singing songs and shouting at anyone with a reasonable fear of Islamic terror will make it go away.

The irony here is that the world leaders that are globalists and seeking to erode man made borders (what other groups wants to do that, oh right Isis) that claim they are afraid people will become Islamaphobic are driving the people to that very thing.

Just like people calling for the deaths or deportation of all Muslims will lead to Isis recruitment, shouting down anyone with a fear leads to those reasonable people becoming unreasonable.

Normal people who just want to be safe are being called racist or cowards, and they are starting to get fed up. These people aren’t racist, they aren’t Islamaphobes; they just want action taken to deal with the problem. Many did things like vote for Brexit, and all of the know it all wealthy people and people in the media told them how terrible they were for doing this. They are being pushed further and further into the corner. And when they are at their final straw, you know who will be there to help them; the actual racists. And that’s when the real bloodbath will occur.

I also think this is exactly what the globalists leaders want. They want to erode borders, they want to push these people into fighting back. Then the can say “Ah ha, we told you they were racists!”

It’s time to wake up. Yes extremist rhetoric from all sides should be condemned. But ignoring the problem of Islamic terrorism and pretending that love will solve it is what is actually playing right into the terrorist’s hands.

edit on 5-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nothing more to add I agree totally

It really grinds my gears when you hear the constant "playing into their hands" "its what the terrorists want" blah blah the well of tolerance is running dry

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

There simply is not a passive strategy that will work. The saying goes that you must identify the problem before you can solve it. Most of us here on ATS know the problem. Nation building, weapon sales, regime changes and geopolitical strong-arming is exactly behind this. Leaders of the western worlds created this, pushed for this and ultimately used this for their advantage. The common people are the ones who foot the bill in money and blood.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Here - bet you can't explain this mindset.

Who is the bigger threat to your safety? A terrorist or someone whose brain thinks like the person apologizing to the Imam?......

edit on 5-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nothing but the truth.

For me it's quite simple, ANYTHING coming from the elite left is not only dangerous but NOT in our best interests.

So any rhetoric coming from their mouths, instantly pushes me to the opposite side.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Current leaders for the most part, the left too, want to give extremists a safe space to operate. It's the most foolish strategy one can think of. The police forces in places like England and Sweden place a bigger priority on shielding Muslims and extremists from anything deemed hate speech than they do on actually solving the problem.

Extremists rely on globalism and liberal PC policy to do what they do.

Now the enemy is within, both migrants and home-growns. So the solution is far tougher and far more savage than the original solution which would have been closed borders and prevention. I'd compare it to cancer, it's far easier to live a healthy life, eat right, exercise, keep your weight in check, etc, to try to prevent cancer than it is to deal with cancer once you have it. And Islamic extremism is now a cancer within the body of the West.

First thing to do is cut off all travel between and nations which are known participants in jihad, funding jihad or training for jihad. Second thing to do is target the mosques where grooming happens and anti-Westerns speech and ideals are spewed on a daily basis. Third is to start mass deportations for anyone even related to extremism in any form. There aren't lone wolfs, most jihadists have family and friends who at the least are aware and say nothing. Deport 'em all.

Some will say that's extreme. Sure as hell is extreme. But it's not as extreme as what happens if those steps aren't carried out, which would be more attacks, more blood on the streets, a point at which citizens and governments finally have enough and essentially, civil wars breakout in the streets. That's the other option.

Katy Perry types can say just love everyone more, just pray more, but all that's doing is seeing more bodies pile up.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Something has to happen, this is true. Holding hands swaying to the music is fine for displaying unity, or even disdain, against the jackholes who do this or support it.

But it won't stop 'em. What will? Wholesale bombing and invasions of countries hasn't done it...if anything, it's made it worse.

Not doing anything will only embolden these worshipers of death.

Punish in wholesale lots, everyone even remotely attached to the individuals?? Crimes of the father, eh? Sounds remarkably like 1930's Germany, which lead to 1940's Germany. Or the Internment Camps here in the US in the same time span. Lock 'em up because they might be terrorists/enemies.

The only solution, if solution it is, is carefully monitored surveillance of problematic mosques, churches, other religious centers...but the watchers need watching.

Get hinky, get hauled in, and questioned. Something along the lines of "We know you're up to something, but not what, but we're watching you, and your friends."

Yes, it's unfair. It's profiling. It's any number of things. So, too, are the events that make us think this way. So, somethings got to give...but what? I'm not, in any way, shape or form, going to give up my personal freedoms for some nebulous "safety". So it's hypocritical of me to advocate, in any fashion, what I just wrote above. I know this, no need to point out the blindingly obvious.

So what's to be done? That above is the only thing even remotely an answer that I've got...and that ain't much.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It like the video I saw (if someone haas it I wish they would post it) of people in utter fear hunkered down during the attack the other day.

One man makes a vulgarity about Muslims, and another scolds him for doing this. IN THE MIDDLE OF A TERROR ATTACK!!!

Think of how Isis must be laughing at this video.

"We go in and kill them, and they actually scold each other for potentially offending us while we slaughter them!"

And another thing to add.

I saw a video with Gad Saad

where he says at around the 1:30 mark that the real reason for this behavior is fear. Not fear of dying, but fear of being called a racist.

he calls it "The biggest act of collective cowardice in human history" and I agree with him.

edit on 5-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Bless 'er....she actually doesn't probably think that in reality but has been told over and over its the right thing to say

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's an example of the issue and the passive nature of governments and law enforcement.

During the German attacks, Paris attacks, Manchester and London, all over social media were Muslims celebrating on various social media accounts. That's essentially openly admitting you're an enemy of the west.

Law enforcement should trace all those IP's and any found within Europe should get a knock on the door and immediately deported. Instead, there's videos of Muslims walking down London streets after the attack, praising the attacks and promising more. And that's somehow accepted, as was one of the Manchester attackers flying an ISIS flag outside his window.

I mean, they're ANNOUNCING their intentions and law enforcement is pretty much turning a blind eye, while at the same time knocking on the doors of those who dare to question radical Islam.

As an aside, stop labelling Islam as a religion and hiding behind freedom of religion. It's not a religion. It's an all encompassing ideology which governs every aspect of one's life, with both a religious and political arm. Islam is as much a political belief system as it is a religious one.
edit on 5-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hmm..
Thesis- attacks in London
Antithesis- cut ties with Qatar
Synthesis- we will see in a few weeks or months.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Guys at this juncture I just want to know,

When can I claim asylum in a safer country like Colombia???, us poor folks here in Europe are screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

SOS SOS SOS

RA

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Here's an example of the issue and the passive nature of governments and law enforcement.

During the German attacks, Paris attacks, Manchester and London, all over social media were Muslims celebrating on various social media accounts. That's essentially openly admitting you're an enemy of the west.

Law enforcement should trace all those IP's and any found within Europe should get a knock on the door and immediately deported. Instead, there's videos of Muslims walking down London streets after the attack, praising the attacks and promising more. And that's somehow accepted, as was one of the Manchester attackers flying an ISIS flag outside his window.

I mean, they're ANNOUNCING their intentions and law enforcement is pretty much turning a blind eye, while at the same time knocking on the doors of those who dare to question radical Islam.

As an aside, stop labelling Islam as a religion and hiding behind freedom of religion. It's not a religion. It's an all encompassing ideology which governs every aspect of one's life, with both a religious and political arm. Islam is as much a political belief system as it is a religious one.

Yep that is about it!!!!, if I was to fly a union jack in my part of London there would be issues, I know people call BS on that but it is how I feel, the anti western lifestyle rhetoric is very much out in the open now, logical people that questioned what was going on where shouted down with racist, bigot nazi buzzwords..

Do people not question just why some of these countries people are fleeing are sh1t holes???, maybe it is the people that make it that way?, Just a idea.....

RA

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No, love won't stop them. Starve them of money, starve them of recruits, starve them of any support from other Muslims. That is the only thing that will snuff them out. Easier said then done, though.

My only concern is the attitude "the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim" - it just isn't helpful. Human nature tends to lean that way any time there is an issue with a specific group of people. Not everyone does it, but enough to make it a problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
No, love won't stop them. Starve them of money, starve them of recruits, starve them of any support from other Muslims. That is the only thing that will snuff them out. Easier said then done, though.

My only concern is the attitude "the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim" - it just isn't helpful. Human nature tends to lean that way any time there is an issue with a specific group of people. Not everyone does it, but enough to make it a problem.

Agree with what you wrote here.

I would add that I don't think most people think like this. But when they are ignored over and over for expressing fear or concern with Islamic terror, and they are told they are racist, guess which direction they are pushed.

That is one of the reasons there needs to be an honest discussion about Islamic terrorism.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think the first and most important step is to acknowledge the problem, instead of downplaying it and finding excuses.

All this PC crap is dangerous and exactly what they want.

Dare I say PC is just as dangerous as terrorism?

If anyone can refute that go ahead.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And that's the real problem, isn't it?

It's like saying there is a problem is tantamount to saying the only good Muslim is a dead one.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

An honest discussion - yes. A discussion on how Islam is a horrible religion that requires followers to kill all non-believers- not so helpful.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

An honest discussion - yes. A discussion on how Islam is a horrible religion that requires followers to kill all non-believers- not so helpful.

Agreed.

The devil is in the details though.

We both agree that we shouldn't label all muslims bad people.

But would you be against someone saying Isis uses this passage to justify their actions?

I think this is perfectly acceptable and needed. I hope you do not consider that besmirching all Muslims.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

But you also cannot actually have this discussion without getting into the discussion of how or why this cult of Islam has grown up, and you also can't deny this is a theological mindset and action being taken in these attacks.

So at some point, you do have to have the religious aspect of the discussion.

It's like trying to discuss the problems of America's inner cities and education system while trying to ignore the breakdown of the traditional family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join