It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant Light Power 2018 target One Tenth Conventional Kilowatt Cost but Skepticism Abounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Hydrino madness continues! I apologize to all the Mills skeptics. But here we go again. They say 2018 is the year!

According to several sources, Randal Mills over at Brilliant Light Power is claiming they will have their Suncell design ready for market in 2018. Claiming to output a whopping 120kwh, These devices are claimed to more energy dense than any other source of energy. Well that’s what’s claimed anyway. Who knows what the future holds? I will remain skeptical until I see it hit the market and actually work.

Brilliant Light Power, previously Blacklight Power, has made such extravagant claims in the past that earned millions in investment. Randal does have some impressive education credentials and has had a paper recently accepted for Journal publication.

BRILLIANT LIGHT POWER SET TO RELEASE THE SUNCELL IN 2018

The SunCell® uses cheap, abundant, nontoxic, commodity chemicals, with no apparent long-term supply issues that might preclude commercial, high volume manufacturing.

Being greater than ten thousand times brighter than sunlight, the corresponding reduction in the area of the photovoltaic converter gives rise to a projected cost of the SunCell® of about $50 to $100/kW compared to over ten times that for conventional power sources of electricity. The absence of fuel cost for a fully distributed and mobile-capable power source, together with low capital costs that may be amortize over a projected lifetime of at least twenty years enables the generation and delivery of electricity for essentially all applications at a fraction of the cost of conventional power source, all of which have the further liability of pollution.

Oh, it hurts. If a sub-ground state existed everyone around the world would be playing with it. Yet, it's one incredible con-job if it turns out to be just a hoax to get investor money. Even if it is a hoax you have to hand to Mills for riding this dragon for so long!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Considering they/he (Randell L. Mills) have been pushing their bull#it since 1991, have likely raised around 100m over the years since it's inception and name changes: HydroCatalysis Inc., Blacklight Power and now Brilliant Light Power, they've made several announcements about delivering a product through the years and have failed to deliver anything, and have been slammed by many well respected peers as a fraud, I'd say

it's one incredible con-job if it turns out to be just a hoax to get investor money. Even if it is a hoax you have to hand to Mills for riding this dragon for so long!
is accurate.

But here are a few quotes from Wiki:

In 1999, Princeton University's physics Nobel laureate Phillip Anderson said of it, "If you could # around with the hydrogen atom, you could # around with the energy process in the sun. You could # around with life itself." "Everything we know about everything would be a bunch of nonsense. That's why I'm so sure that it's a fraud."[23] Wolfgang Ketterle, a professor of physics at MIT, said BLP's claims are "nonsense" and that "there is no state of hydrogen lower than the ground state".[7] Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist based at City University of New York, adds that "the only law that this business with Mills is proving is that a fool and his money are easily parted."[23] and that "There's a sucker born every minute

***SNIP***

By 2008, Park continued to express his skepticism:

"BlackLight Power (BLP), founded 17 years ago as HydroCatalysis, announced last week that the company had successfully tested a prototype power system that would generate 50 KW of thermal power. BLP anticipates delivery of the new power system in 12 to 18 months. The BLP process,[41] discovered by Randy Mills, is said to coax hydrogen atoms into a "state below the ground state", called the "hydrino." There is no independent scientific confirmation of the hydrino, and BLP has a patent problem. So they have nothing to sell but bull #. The company is therefore dependent on investors with deep pockets and shallow brains." – Park
en.wikipedia.org...

It's one thing to receive funding from privately run companies but to receive state funds for such a questionable company is just wrong.

In December 2013, BLP was one of 54 applicants to receive ~$1.1M in grant funding from the New Jersey Economic Development Authority.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake, is this scam still fooling people?

What happened to the "big live demo that will totally shut up the skeptics" that was supposed to happen earlier this year?

Oh yeah, it didn't happen. Just like all the other demos. And, of course, the date has been pushed back another year to keep the terminally credulous eternally hopeful.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I get the skepticism. Claiming to have a new standard model is a tough pill to swallow.

I would like it to be true but man it's a stretch. Look all press coverage lately:

Brilliant Light Power news page

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I get the skepticism. Claiming to have a new standard model is a tough pill to swallow.

I would like it to be true but man it's a stretch. Look all press coverage lately:

Brilliant Light Power news page

Never mind press releases, show us actual scientific evidence. This scam has been going on for decades with not a single shred of evidence to back up any of their extraordinary claims.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

As posted in another ATS thread Dec 17,2016
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The scam keeps continuing

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2009, IEEE Spectrum magazine characterized it as a "loser" technology because "most experts don't believe such lower states exist, and they say the experiments don't present convincing evidence" and mentioned that Wolfgang Ketterle had said the claims are "nonsense".[7] BLP has announced several times that it was about to deliver commercial products based on Mill's theories but has not delivered a working product.[7]

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is quadruple down:

Randell Mills: "Everything will be powered by the SunCell. Solar, wind, bio fuels, and nuclear will all be replaced. The grid will be unnecessary. Utilities will be unnecessary. There would be no pollution and limited energy regulation. As the SunCell is fully autonomous, energy delivery becomes impervious to disruption from war, terror, and natural disaster. Importantly, underdeveloped countries will have the same potential lifestyle and productivity as the developed world. Each SunCell could also serve as a self-powered, autonomous node in a mesh network that could replace the Internet."

Futurist Dr. Randell Mills Talks SunCell, Off-Grid Power, And The Future Of Job Creation

I want it to be true. But what a big claim!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The claim get's bigger and bigger:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I was waiting on this demonstration to shut up all skeptics earlier this year... last year... and the year before that.

Looks like our predictions were correct. Doesn't work.

I predict that before the 2018 test they might change names again,
Black Light Power
Brilliant Light Power

Blatant lies power?

It basically ads credit to the line that, theories are theories and that is fine, except theories have to match the evidence and if they don't then they are pure speculation. Mill's hydrino model does not work, the states it predicts would have been observed already in nature and in the lab by lots of different researchers if they exist.
When he and others come out with "Oh look but i made this other bit of software that does molecular structure and look it works..... so it proves mills knows what he is doing" is the same as asking your car mechanic to give you a prostate exam.

The two subjects are not identical, and current models predict exactly what his molecular sims do already... so its not like he added much

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Every year is going to be the year!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Every year is going to be the year!

It's JUST around the corner! In time for the next investment funding cycle!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Randell Mills: "Everything will be powered by the SunCell. Solar, wind, bio fuels, and nuclear will all be replaced. The grid will be unnecessary. Utilities will be unnecessary. There would be no pollution and limited energy regulation. As the SunCell is fully autonomous, energy delivery becomes impervious to disruption from war, terror, and natural disaster. Importantly, underdeveloped countries will have the same potential lifestyle and productivity as the developed world. Each SunCell could also serve as a self-powered, autonomous node in a mesh network that could replace the Internet."

The lame shall walk, and the blind shall see. Evil will no longer walk our lands, and the Dark Lord will be banished to the infinite plane. Dogs and cats will call a truce; pigeons will no longer crap on your newly washed car.

Deliver us from this vale of tears, oh great Mills!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hahaha.

My post a couple down on the 1st page:

Very relevant; it shows they are scamming once again for funds, however your post is irrelevant because of your blind faith in a scam.

It does not matter either way, in less then a couple of months I will be able to show you in full when they do not provide AGAIN how wrong you are, then you can go ahead and deny it and trump up with false claims on how it works again, then it will go silent again and in another year another thread will be posted with the exact same claims and posts again.

It has happened before,and it will happen again...and again...and again....

Once again....

It has happened before,and it will happen again...and again...and again....

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No no no that was Brilliant Power that made those promises. We are White Light Power .. totally different scam .. er company.

top topics

join