It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First F-35 Assembled in Japan Rolled Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Three different POV of the same event. The intro music was…odd. It made me think Disney dwarves and princesses were coming out with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

on an about a tenuous " on topic " tangent as i hope i can get away with

BAE systems [ salmesbury ] has a new gate guard - which is a mockup of an F35

no pic - sorry - i was driving home from a weekends adventures and needed to get straight tp bed

but here is one ii found on the net :

the aircraft on the right = the english electric lightening - the fiirst mach 2 capable interceptor to serve with the RAF

ETA :

BAE salembury will be a key site in development of briitains F35 squardrons
edit on 5-6-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well now, it will be interesting to see how this amazing aircraft fares in the real world!
Despite Trumps grandstanding about the F-18 ( as if he knows ANYTHING about it), the "West" is committed to the F-35.
I wonder though,when do aircraft reach the point of being TOO complex ? Does that point exist? Who the hell are we going to fight, the Martians?In other words, is there a point of just plain diminishing returns? Financial maybe?
If the damn things can be reliably operational, I doubt if ANYONE can touch the F-35!
Very cool! Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well it should get better gas mileage be more dependable
but it may never reach afterburner speeds and the left blinker
may be stuck on.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Done by Gate Guardians in the Uk..Renown for doing really nice fiberglass Spitfires,P51,s,Hurricanes,Bf109,s and the lysander for the new Allied movie..

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PDXEX
Seeing Japan has put a toe in the Stealth aircraft pool with their own aircraft prototype will be interesting to see what develops..

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I see them as developing technologies to contribute in the 6th gen to hopefully get their foot in the door. If they can contribute something substantial it will be easier for them to get access to a US 6th gen fighter. They'd be foolish to buy a small number of domestic stealth fighters if they can get a productive mix of their F-35s and F-15s with their great AAM suites. All they need is for the F-35 to be able to communicate with the 15s and they'll be able to que and slaughter enemy fighters at will. They also have E-2D. They would be better off getting more F-35s for the money they'd invest in something domestic.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And I bet some worrying looks from China..

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: anzha

on an about a tenuous " on topic " tangent as i hope i can get away with

BAE systems [ salmesbury ] has a new gate guard - which is a mockup of an F35

no pic - sorry - i was driving home from a weekends adventures and needed to get straight tp bed

but here is one ii found on the net :

the aircraft on the right = the english electric lightening - the fiirst mach 2 capable interceptor to serve with the RAF

ETA :

BAE salembury will be a key site in development of briitains F35 squardrons

Its a key development site for all F-35s mate, they make the Empennage their and various other assemblies shipped to final assemblies (like japan).

Is it unusual for a gate guardian to be a mock up? There are no traditionals 'rules' that it has to be an ex flying unit are there??

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They're usually decommissioned aircraft that have been stripped but they can be anything. At Pease we had a B-29 painted as the Enola Gay even though the real one was in pieces in a museum. We had the 509th Bomb Wing there, so we got to mock her up.

new topics

top topics

join