It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearmonger in Chief Attacks London Mayor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: gortex

Did trump not send this tweet prior?

"Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the UK, we will be there - We are with you. God bless!."

Yes, the President did. You're not going to get the anti-Trump crowd to admit it though. Selective memories an all.

Is still makes me want to spit London has a muslim mayor. Fox watching the chicken house or what? I have no repect for that piece a crap at all - I hope the President verbally nails him to the wall. Physically would be great too but that's probably not going to happen.

peace

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
This is another perfect example of how people perceive one thing in vastly different lights.
I tend to agree that the "no reason to be alarmed" statement is a bit disingenuous. He should be straight with these people who have suffered two terrorist attacks back to back.
Is the threat contained or not Mr. Khan?
Is that to much to ask?

Khan has no control over the situation and the fact that London was recently flooded with police and the military and yet could not stop the attack would only ever lead people to be alarmed. After two attacks, telling people how safe London is and that there is no reason for alarm is right up there with his ludicrous statement that terrorism is part and parcel of life in a big city.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Are you making fun of somebody that's probably giving it their best?

How insensitive of you!

I never said you didn't try your best.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So even if your argument is that Trump was misinterpreting what Khan said, how is that fear mongering?

His election campaign was run on a fear ticket , he is the Fearmonger in Chief.
Seems to be a Right wing thing because that's what our own Theresa May is doing.

So even if your argument is that Trump was misinterpreting what Khan said, how is that fear mongering?

My point is he is misrepresenting what Khan said and meant , perhaps because he has a personal spat with Sadiq Khan but that would be childish so I doubt it's that.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

This is where you are wrong. He has said he stands by the UK multiple times since the Manchester attack and also the attack in London. What you are following is just a tweet and what the MSM is feeding you.

Google this... Trump stands by UK

All you will find is rhetoric about how he wants to use this for his travel ban or how it is attacking the mayor of London. It is propoganda and you eat it up. Almost every news outlet is trying to blame Donald Trump for an attack in the UK. Not holding the mayor responsible is a joke whether or not he is a Muslim. Last week he said in affect get used to attacks. The mayor said 'NO need to be alarmed" AFTER the attack in London. WTF kind of leader# is that? He sounds like Obama after Sanb Bernadino when the AG threatened arrests for backlash against the Islamic community.

He should be saying be vigilant and report any issues with Muslims in your area acting odd. But nooooooo cannot call out a group of people unless they are 'white americans' then it is ok for anyone.

Thank you for saving me a lot of writing - I couldn't have said it better.

peace

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well.......all I can say is I haven't read anything said by the Mayor that appears to be in the form of an excuse, it seems more simply a public service announcement.

Guess I don't understand Trump's comment.

I'd expect more police presence in London and there have been reports of Police raids and arrests of suspects.

At this point, if I were the Mayor, I would be increasingly concerned about traffic tie-ups, and loss of retail and restaurant/Pub trade. All this mess can't possibly be good for business.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yeah. Let's just crap our pants and play straight into the terrorists textbook... cuz... reasons! Aaaaand we've gotta announce an immigration ban before the bodies of the victims can cool off, cuz... heat! MOAH HEAT!

Sieg Fail!

edit on 5-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They should be alarmed tho. There threat level at its highest, army and police forces joined for domestic security. And still the attacks happen ? How is EVEN MORE forces going to calm people when these supposed forces should have already been in place, seeming that the threat level cannot go any higher.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Grambler

His election campaign was run on a fear ticket , he is the Fearmonger in Chief.
Seems to be a Right wing thing because that's what our own Theresa May is doing.

My point is he is misrepresenting what Khan said and meant , perhaps because he has a personal spat with Sadiq Khan but that would be childish so I doubt it's that.

He represented perfectly well what Khan said.
The continuing partisan line of fear to characterise why 60 plus million people voted for Trump is just a continuation of the kind of rhetoric that makes Democrats lose election after election.
edit on 5/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And thanks for clarifying the point, being "ARMED" police. Londoners are not used to seeing guns on their streets, thus the "don't be alarmed".

And I imagine it's more than handguns like our cops carry too. Just because they don't flaunt those big machine gun things doesn't mean they don't have them. Londoners are most certainly not used to seeing those things out in the open. And neither are we.

edit on 6/5/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The two have some history

May 09, 2016 Khan is interviewed by TIME (TIME.com):
Q:

You accused the Conservatives of using a “Donald Trump playbook.” What’s your view on a potential Trump presidency given his remarks on Muslims?

A:

I think Bill de Blasio is doing interesting housing stuff in New York, Rahm Emanuel is doing interesting stuff with the infrastructure bank in Chicago. I want to go to America to meet with and engage with American mayors. If Donald Trump becomes the President, I’ll be stopped from going there by virtue of my faith, which means I can’t engage with American mayors and swap ideas. Conservative tacticians thought those sorts of tactics would win London and they were wrong. I’m confident that Donald Trump’s approach to politics won’t win in America.

Trump's response:

After this interview was published, Trump suggested Khan would be exempt from any prohibitions on Muslims entering the U.S. "There are always exceptions," he told the New York Times. "I think [his election] is a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job ... If he does a good job and frankly if he does a great job, that would be a terrific thing.”

Nonetheless, Trump wants his agenda to get passed.

Me... I'm none to worried about what words/things other people say. Sticks and stones...

People that didn't like Trump before his tweet in response to Khan, will continue to dislike Trump.
People that support Trump before his tweet in response to Khan, will continue to support Trump.

Oh wait... Trump BAD!!! (get over it)
edit on 3233x6732America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It wasn't his 1st tweet though..that was an afterthought.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

European leaders have been calling anyone who has any concerns with Islamic terror a fear mongerer for about 8 years.

Thats worked out well, hasn't it?

Meanwhile, people against Trump have been fear mongering he would round up all immigrants, Muslims, gays, and democrats.

The left fear mongers that anyone with any concern over Islamic terror will lead to skin heads taking over the country.

Yet you only see the fear coming from one side of the aisle.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Yeah. Let's just crap our pants and play straight into the terrorists textbook... cuz... reasons! Aaaaand we've gotta announce an immigration ban before the bodies of the victims can cool off, cuz... heat! MOAH HEAT!

Sieg Fail!

No playing into the terrorists playbook is immediately warning of Islamaphobia after a terror attack.

Its not being willing to admit Islam has a connection to these terror attacks.

Its calling Isis the JV team.

Its telling people to just accept terrorism as a fact of life.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Did trump not send this tweet prior?

"Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the UK, we will be there - We are with you. God bless!."

Is still makes me want to spit London has a muslim mayor. Fox watching the chicken house or what? I have no repect for that piece a crap at all - I hope the President verbally nails him to the wall. Physically would be great too but that's probably not going to happen.

peace

A lot of people feel the same way about America having Trump for POTUS.

I really don't care who's the Mayor of London. Didn't care about Boris or Ken (ex-mayors) and I don;t care about this one. Nevertheless, he wouldn't be mayor if there were any ties to terrorism or Islamic extremists - it's an outright myth that a Muslim cannot be conservative and moderate. He's both these things.

MI5 and MI6 (UK intelligence) will have full knowledge about him and he wouldn't have risen so far if he'd ever murmured anti-UK sentiments or retweeted pro-ISIS tweets.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'll take Trumps tweet over this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: angeldoll

Niiice..great song, I have actually looking for the album with that track.

Trump is a 1st class..classless douchbag..I would expect no less. I guess everyone is supposed to light their hair on fire and run around in circles.

Be careful though. I've had that song in my head for a week, and every time I think of The Don.
But, you know what they say about the best way to get rid of a stuck song!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

(sadly) LOL, and that tweet by Khan was one day after his interview with TIME was published (which I just posted some excerpts of above)

KHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!! open mouth, insert foot.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Isn't it amazing that a London mayor calling the President ignorant invokes no outrage about "diplomatic relations" in the US media... almost as if they are so biased they are willing to cheer lead foreigners over their own President... I guess the hatred of their own country runs deep.
edit on 5/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So is Trump suggesting that the attack is being downplayed by the muslim mayor?

'Pathetic excuse' What excuse is he referring to? Is it the 'not to be alarmed' is that the excuse? Could the excuse also perhaps be an apology. Is he (feeling) guilty ? Should he be?
'He had to think fast' Why? Is there something suspicious about this muslim mayor. Is he hiding something. Aren't muslims always trying to hide something?

Yes, yes indeed I have been taking advanced tweet extrapolation classes at Trump U.
Finally they are paying of because they werent exactly cheap either

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join