It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearmonger in Chief Attacks London Mayor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

..and why should Khan be given the benefit of the doubt on what he meant?

I think it's obvious what Khan meant.

Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed."

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

..and why should Khan be given the benefit of the doubt on what he meant?

Because "context".

Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed."

Like I said - the army and police were out in force just prior to this attack. Why should Londoners not be alarmed now? It didn't help last time.

Trump is correct - in context too.

Khan responded to the Manchester attack by flooding the streets with police and the army. A few days later another terrorist attack happens.. then he tells Londoners not to be alarmed when they see more police presence? Give me a break.
edit on 5/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: gortex

To be fair to Trump, it's a foreign language to him and he couldn't understand what Khan's statement meant. He obviously saw it as a good opportunity for domestic approval. It is what it is.

From our perspective, Khan's saying the right thing. Doing the job for terrorists by increasing the terror isn't the right way to go. This could be seen in the Manchester response when soldiers hit UK streets for a couple of days and police were put on extra shifts. Moreover last night's Manchester gig worked for morale and doesn't at all mean that security services aren't working their asses off. Arrests have been made and the London idiots are now known.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

This is where you are wrong. He has said he stands by the UK multiple times since the Manchester attack and also the attack in London. What you are following is just a tweet and what the MSM is feeding you.

Google this... Trump stands by UK

All you will find is rhetoric about how he wants to use this for his travel ban or how it is attacking the mayor of London. It is propoganda and you eat it up. Almost every news outlet is trying to blame Donald Trump for an attack in the UK. Not holding the mayor responsible is a joke whether or not he is a Muslim. Last week he said in affect get used to attacks. The mayor said 'NO need to be alarmed" AFTER the attack in London. WTF kind of leader# is that? He sounds like Obama after Sanb Bernadino when the AG threatened arrests for backlash against the Islamic community.

He should be saying be vigilant and report any issues with Muslims in your area acting odd. But nooooooo cannot call out a group of people unless they are 'white americans' then it is ok for anyone.

edit on 06pm30pmf0000002017-06-05T12:01:08-05:001208 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

On a scale from 1 to 10 how did I do?

Like all Trump supporters, you think you look like this...

While this is what the rest of us see..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Grambler

Its ok for them to say this, but not for Trump to point out his belief that people like Khan that say that its just a way of life and there is nothing to fear helps lead to more terror?

You miss the point , or perhaps you're just ignoring it , Trumps tweet is misleading.

I don't think it is, at least not to Trump.

Trump was taking the position that given that Khan admitted the risk of terror was still hi, and they had police increasing their presence, its dumb to tell people not to be alarmed.

Khan defense seems to be he just meant don't be alarmed by the police. Two problems with this.

#1 who would be alarmed by police after a terror attack? So why feel the need to reassure people, unless you are assuming people will see the police, and fear they are hunting for more terrorists (which Khan admits they are doing).

In this case, it would be dumb to tell people not to be alarmed, especially when you are on the record previously stating that people just need to get used to terror.

#2 The medias reaction, heck even the title to this thread, have been to accuse trump of fearmongering.

What is he fearmongering about, that ISIS is deadly? We saw what downplaying the situation did for 8 years, remember Obamas JV team comment.

So even if your argument is that Trump was misinterpreting what Khan said, how is that fear mongering?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Looks like the difference between the US and the UK right now. You are on your face and have no idea how to get out of the mess your politicians put you in.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Niiice..great song, I have actually looking for the album with that track.

Trump is a 1st class..classless douchbag..I would expect no less. I guess everyone is supposed to light their hair on fire and run around in circles.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Looks like the difference between the US and the UK right now. You are on your face and have no idea how to get out of the mess your politicians put you in.

I'm American..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is the actual context of what Khan said...

“Londoners should be aware that there will be additional armed and unarmed police officers on our streets from tonight in order to keep Londoners, and all those visiting out city safe,” he said. “I want to reassure all Londoners, and all our visitors, not to be alarmed. Our city remains one of the safest in the world

Not to be alarmed you are safe? Reassure? Man, this guy is a piece of work.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

OK, they are on their face...it is not about Trump supporters. It is about us in this country. So, since you do not support Trump does this mean you do not want the safety the country is trying to provide?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

On a scale from 1 to 10 how did I do?

Like all Trump supporters, you think you look like this...

While this is what the rest of us see..

Oh yeah, the brainwashed minority. This is why Trump was elected and the dems will continue to lose indefinitely. You still haven't figured it out yet.

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I was in no way shape or form defending the mayor or the rhetoric of the MSM.

I know damn well that Trump has both denounced the attacks and sent his support.

Just saying that it was insensitive to take the approach he did.

I also went on to say this is how Trump functions and people better get used to it.

link   
The level of ignorance is high in this thread.

Clearly the Mayor knows people are afraid. He's not saying don't be afraid.

He was saying that the extra police presence is not indicative of anything. He was meaning they are there as reassurance, and probably to help prevent any further attacks. IE, don't be "more" afraid.

I have no dog in this fight. Apart from common sense.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: gortex

Has Khan commented on this tweet?
Otherwise how do you know trump "misconstrued" anything?

No he hasn't commented on it , what would be the point.

Trumps tweet suggest one thing and Khans words tell a different story.
Here from 3.00

Trumps words were meant for his followers and suggest that the Muslim Mayor of London thinks the attack is no reason to be alarmed which is wrong.

link   

This is the actual context of what Khan said...

“Londoners should be aware that there will be additional armed and unarmed police officers on our streets from tonight in order to keep Londoners, and all those visiting out city safe,” he said. “I want to reassure all Londoners, and all our visitors, not to be alarmed. Our city remains one of the safest in the world

Not to be alarmed you are safe? Reassure? Man, this guy is a piece of work.

Interesting, so people are spinning what Khan actually said to get him off the hook and blame Trump.. Figures.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is another perfect example of how people perceive one thing in vastly different lights.
I tend to agree that the "no reason to be alarmed" statement is a bit disingenuous. He should be straight with these people who have suffered two terrorist attacks back to back.
Is the threat contained or not Mr. Khan?
Is that to much to ask?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Are you making fun of somebody that's probably giving it their best?

How insensitive of you!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

How would you feel with other countries mocking 911 and George Bush's ability to protect it's citizens?

Outside of they did, because it was an inside attack.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

OK, they are on their face...it is not about Trump supporters. It is about us in this country. So, since you do not support Trump does this mean you do not want the safety the country is trying to provide?

This perceived "safety" Trump is trying to provide doesn't have any basis in actually keeping anyone safe.

Oh, you want a 120 day travel ban now so you can roll out new vetting procedures?

Its already almost been 120 days, where are the new vetting procedures? If this was really about keeping people safe, Trump would already have new vetting procedures in place, and wouldn't be waiting on a travel ban that might or might not take effect..

See? So it isn't really about keeping any of us safe, it's just Trump trying to keep placating his base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join