It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerously Addictive Painkiller Prescribed for Patients Who Shouldn’t Have Received It...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For profit medical system ... maby one day people will see that as the bigest oxymoron like i do now

The words for profit and medical are not compatable ... u do not make profit bye curing people

Every buisness knows u need repeat customers

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Boadicea

Agreed,

I only have 2 questions for those who champion our system with full horse blinders on.

How long is this system going to last?

Was Hillary right in the 1990's?

I will look forward to any/all answers you receive. I would really like to understand that perspective and mindset. It makes no sense to me now.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
The price is astronomical considering the price and availability of blackmarket Fentanyl, flooding the streets from Chinese labs.

Which is the leading cause of overdose - Fentanyl mixed with other painkillers, often without the knowledge of those buying it. This is the true reason behind the "Opioid Epidemic".

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The pineapple has bromelaine in it, it actually thins the slime and destroys some of the damaged cells because it is a proteinase. I use the supplement about three times a week, it works great. Beer is clarified with bromelain or papain, that is active too, but I get a hangover easily so do not like to drink beer very often anymore. If you exercise, the proteinase also helps with remodeling the muscle cells so you can get stronger.

Good to know -- thank you!

There are some bad parts to bromelain though, it also tears apart lipase which is also an enzyme. Bromelain is actually a mixture of enzymes, so it has a little lipase effect in it too. A couple of pieces of fresh pineapple will take away my milk headache within minutes, it also helps with the clogged nose I get from milk and the thick mucus that I get from milk products.

You may have solved a mystery for me. I took a tumble a couple weeks ago that left me hurting, so I started eating pineapple for breakfast. At the same time, a sinus infection that would not break up and drain started doing exactly that. Now I'm wondering if the pineapple did it...

I can't help it, I like ice cream and milk. I get a craving for milk occasionally and will drink two glasses.

No apologies or excuses necessary with me! I'm a dairy junkie and ice cream is my junk food of choice. I recently discovered Tillamook Rocky Road... dangerous stuff!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
No opiate that's measured in micrograms should be pushed on the general public like this. It's a recipe for disaster.

My veterinarian cousin told me exactly the same thing. She also said it should only be given in hospital settings where it can be monitored for adverse side effects. It reminded me of Columbine and the drugs they were prescribed. I was working at a children's behavioral health facility at the time, and they would only prescribe those drugs to residential patients where they could be monitored and titered. Now, it's just all about mass distribution and massive profits. Health and safety be damned.

It's no surprise it's pushed like it is though, fentanyl is completely synthetic and doesn't require the importation of opium or poppies to manufacture so it's cheaper to make, and with all the controversy around oxy being prescribed the drug companies are constantly looking for the next opiate to push on people.

That's what happens when profits -- not health -- are the primary motivations and goals. It's so simple... so obvious... so expected... and therefore so evil.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This medication, subsys (A fentanyl transmucosal spray) is supposed to be for people with terminal cancer or those that are opioid tolerant only. If doctors are just prescribing this for chronic pain, they are wrong and should be looked at for their prescribing practices

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

As my husband says, "The worst thing a doctor can do is kill someone... the next worse thing is to cure them."

It's not an accident that so many conditions can only be monitored and managed by conventional medicine -- but not cured.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Which is the leading cause of overdose - Fentanyl mixed with other painkillers, often without the knowledge of those buying it. This is the true reason behind the "Opioid Epidemic".

Thank you for adding that. I have read a little bit about that, but not enough yet to really speak to the issue. It is something we need to know and understand better though.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

All facts?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Studying the multiple properties of food is very time consuming. I have been doing this for eight years and testing on myself to see how the chemistry interacts with my genetics. Most of what they say is good for us is actually harmful if overconsumed. It can trigger side effects that can be worse than the original problem. With studying foods I also study how pharmaceuticals work and what their targeted action is and what targeting that enzyme by inhibiting or promoting it can cause to happen if done for a while. It is disgusting how these meds work. They could tell us how to fix the problem most times, but instead they sell us pills they create. Foods have multiple properties, consensus of the time is all messed up, the health conscious people need to be aware that there are people out there who will spread rumors to make us need medical care too. I find some disturbing stuff being parroted by people who are in health care and also in the coops.

Plant defense system chemistry is the basis of many medicines, same with the microbial defense system chemicals. The thing is that they are adding a lot of this to foods nowadays, using pesticides and herbicides to control bugs is like using the chemistry of the plant defense chemistry sometimes because they are synthetic forms. Sometimes the synthetic forms help the plant to lessen production of it's own defense chemistry which on occasion is better than letting it create it's own toxins. The plant will grow bigger too since it does not have to waste so much resources fighting pests and microbes. But the veggies are flavorless and the pesticides can negatively effect our ability to break down acetylcholine if the level gets too high and people get panic and stress episodes and act without thinking enough. This is a major problem in our country, people can get effected by eating a lot of veggies with natural defense chemistry or by eating veggies treated with certain pesticides and herbicides.

It isn't people's fault that they are getting all riled up about things lately, it is that they believed a lie, that we can eat lots of this stuff. To combat this problem with blocked acetylcholinesterase activity, they give people all kinds of medicines for stress or panic disorder or antidepressent chemistry. Another words, Chemists make the chemicals that make us need medicines to fix the problems. Eating a lot of things organic is good, but even then moderation is necessary. Also, if a person notices that they are getting wired up or stressed out, identify the trigger, don't go to the doctor. The effects of pesticides last for weeks sometimes, eating more within that time gives another couple of weeks. Tobacco is a short term inhibitor of ACHE, the word up in the paragraph, and blocks the pesticide from permanently inhibiting the enzyme that breaks it down. There are other temporary blockers/ temporary protective chemistries out there. I have only studied the nightshade chemistry for this and they are not all the same. I still have a ways to go in that area of research. It is easier to just say only to eat veggies maybe three to four times a week. But they also do preharvest treatment of grains with roundup and other glyphosates with similar problems. Organic grains are better, hopefully they stop that preharvest treatment and find a safer way of doing the fungicide control.

Sorry OP for getting off topic.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Thank you for adding that. I have read a little bit about that, but not enough yet to really speak to the issue. It is something we need to know and understand better though.

When you take medicines that increase opioids, the body counteracts by creating an enzyme in higher amounts to break down opioids. So when they take away the opioids or they break down, it is easy for the natural level to go to low and the pain actually gets worse when they wear off. Our body has this ability. Some people make too much of the enzyme that breaks it down, they actually have designed medicines that block that enzyme production too, but they have a poor success rate with those meds. Now there are promotors and inhibitors of that enzyme chemistry found in food. Actually consuming proteinases can break down that enzyme because the enzymes is protein based. That is the reason people have some luck taking bromelain with pain and inflamation. Pineapple can reduce pain and inflamation. Onions also have some effect if eaten raw, but they also can add inflammation too, because they are high sulfur and that can sometimes cause raised acidity of blood. Chronic pain can come from too much nitrogen or sulfur in diet expecially if you can not excrete it well..

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My mother in law took me to visit a friend who was dying in pain. When we walked in, the friend started begging us to give her ther morphine early, as she couldn 't handle the pain. My mother in law started crying, saying she couldn't do it.

She asked my mother in law to leave the room, and when she did, the woman, (who had never seen me before) started crying and begging me to kill her.

It was horrible and I still have the image of her face like that. If I had that to do over again, I would have given her the damn morphine. She lived for another month like that. Isn't this sort of like "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Sorry OP for getting off topic.

Absolutely no apologies necessary. For one, I am a rapt audience!!!

And I consider it quite on topic in the sense that it addresses and expands on the root issue of the OP: the (many) ways conventional medications are not necessarily the best medications. As well as the need for all of us to better understand our bodies and its needs and to appropriate nurture and nurse our own health.

You also make an absolutely vital point: One size does not fit all. So one more reason for each and every one of us to understand our own bodies and its individual needs.

Now I need to read your comment again... and maybe again! That's a lot of good information I need to digest

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, the pineapple will break up a sinus problem. The core has more of this bromelaine in it but eating the core can cause Phytobazoars, so juice the core and use it moderately. Even the core juice can contain chemistry that clogs the gut.

Just drink a sixteen ounce can of coke if you get a bezoar, it works great for me. I have a problem with eating too much fiber and veggies, the phosphoric acid in coca cola works great. I have one once or twice a month now....here I was led to believe that coke was no good for us. People have to learn about this kind of stuff that can help to keep us healthy, coke was originally designed as a digestive aid.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

How very very sad. It's heart wrenching just to read. I can only imagine how much worse to experience it. Can I give you a big cyber hug? [[[you]]]

When my brother was dying of cancer, the hospice put him on a drip the last couple weeks that he could push a button and deliver more painkiller. He didn't make a lot of sense that last week, but that's okay. He wasn't suffering like she was. I don't know what I would have done if he had been.

I don't know what the answer is, but I sure see your point. There's a problem when medical science simply prolongs suffering by delaying the inevitable.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It says a 30 day supply costs $3,000? So why are drug dealers cutting H with it all over the country? I firmly believe the CIA is subverting supply to dealers in an operation similar to when the flooded the streets with crack in the 1980's. A way to weed out undesirables...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: angeldoll

How very very sad. It's heart wrenching just to read. I can only imagine how much worse to experience it. Can I give you a big cyber hug? [[[you]]]

When my brother was dying of cancer, the hospice put him on a drip the last couple weeks that he could push a button and deliver more painkiller. He didn't make a lot of sense that last week, but that's okay. He wasn't suffering like she was. I don't know what I would have done if he had been.

I don't know what the answer is, but I sure see your point. There's a problem when medical science simply prolongs suffering by delaying the inevitable.

Thank you Boadicea. That was a while back, and hopefully if they can prevent that kind of pain now, they do.
She had "at home" hospice, and someone came in everyday and counted the pills, it was like that. Now, hopefully, she would have been in a hospice facility, and they are mindful of pain. No schedules.

So sorry about your brother. Hugs to you too.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I wish I was free to treat my own chronic pain NATURALLY, on my own land, from my own land.

But NO, that was deemed 'illegal', and now I have to rely on profit driven 'legal' drug pushers peddling their 'synthetic' poison.

And no, I am not talking about Marijuana, it is something that Thomas Jefferson used to grow but was banned about 100 years ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Just drink a sixteen ounce can of coke if you get a bezoar, it works great for me. I have a problem with eating too much fiber and veggies, the phosphoric acid in coca cola works great. I have one once or twice a month now....here I was led to believe that coke was no good for us. People have to learn about this kind of stuff that can help to keep us healthy, coke was originally designed as a digestive aid.

Speaking of the wisdom of elders! This was my mom's go-to for tummy problems. If I recall correctly, it was cola before vomiting and flat seven-up after vomiting. And ginger ale for both!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
It says a 30 day supply costs $3,000? So why are drug dealers cutting H with it all over the country? I firmly believe the CIA is subverting supply to dealers in an operation similar to when the flooded the streets with crack in the 1980's. A way to weed out undesirables...

It's because Subsys is a fairly new product so the manufacturer still holds the patent, therefore there are no generic versions of subsys like there is for the fentanyl duragesic patch. This means that the people getting prescribed subsys can only obtain it from a select few mail order pharmacies who get it directly from the manufacturer. It's also slightly different from the fentanyl HCL(powdered form) being used to cut street drugs. The HCL being used to cut other drugs with is coming from grey market Chinese manufacturers and chemists trying to make a few bucks because it's not a terribly difficult chemical to synthesize. Even though it's considered a synthetic, it is still derived from the papiver genus of plants whereas Morphine, Heroin and codeinne and Opium come from the Papiver Somniferum (which ironically, though technically illegal in the US, can be purchased as seeds and dried bulbs from most florists or even Walmart garden centers). I don't want to get too specific because I'm skirting dangerously close to ATS T&C violation already.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join