It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try This if you have Diabetic Neuropathy (Tingling Feet)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I will tell you of one supplement that absolutely cures diabetic neuropathy. Kills it. Annihilates it.

It takes time. Months even. You may have to adjust the dose to your body. But you will be pleased.

I'm talking Magnesium Citrate.

Do NOT confuse it with Magnesium Oxide. Magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed. It causes loose bowel movements (please don't ask me how I know).

Make sure you take Magnesium CITRATE. For potential doubters, yes, Magnesium is a key ingredient in laxatives. When taken as a supplement in Magnesium Citrate, however, I do not know of anyone who has experenced a laxative effect. This is why you take Magnesium Citrate and NOT Magnesium Oxide. You will likely experiene a laxative effect with Magnesium Oxide.

I have taken it twice a day for about a year now, and not only do I not suffer from diabetic neuropathy anymore, I'm actually beginning to get the normal feeling back in my feet.

Supposedly Magnesium works best with Vitamin D3, and I do take the two together. I take 5,000 IU of D3 once a day, and 200 mg of Magnesium Citrate twice a day. Once again, you may have to adjust the dose to your body, but definitely try it!

I think diabetes may in fact be an undiscovered symptom of Magnesium and Vitamin D deficiency.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I have a pet theory that diabetes is caused by lack of sunlight. Modern people spend most of their time indoors (me included, even at the ranch!), whereas our ancestors were outside most of the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The balance of magnesium to calcium is important. Both of these minerals need some D3 in the hormone version to work properly, the hormone version of D3 is what happens after sun exposure....or you can just eat potatoes, they have the hormone in them and do not need the sun.

I suffer with constipation but also have low stomach acid. I take the citrate to get it past the stomach without so hard of an effect on acid production. The citrate seems to moderate the intestines better, but I also have the oxide type too which can help with more severe constipation.

I put a pinch of epsom salts on top the grounds of the coffee in the filter and also put a pinch of Chaga. It gives the coffee a better taste. I also learned to put a tad of refined coconut oil in my coffee sometimes with my cream and sugar. The coconut oil moderates the sugar uptake somewhat I have read, basically, putting butter on your bread moderates the carb uptake too. I have reactive hypoglycemia so I have to find ways to moderate carb consumption or it triggers some low sugar events. Bread actually has pretty much calcium in it.

It takes a long time to try all this stuff, and what I try might not be the best for others because I have that hereditary hypoglycemia.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would like to point out, just for general interest, that my 81-year-old mom suffers from constipation, and so I supplement her with Magnesium OXIDE and that seems to help. She does NOT have diabetes or neuropathy, so the Magnesium Oxide is to help her with constipation and it seems to help.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

My doctor said I need to take laxatives to improve my attitude.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
I would like to point out, just for general interest, that my 81-year-old mom suffers from constipation, and so I supplement her with Magnesium OXIDE and that seems to help. She does NOT have diabetes or neuropathy, so the Magnesium Oxide is to help her with constipation and it seems to help.

Surprising how something so cheap can work so well isn't it. Magnesium also can keep away muscle cramping. Too much calcium can cause cramping. Unless of course the two are balanced. Phosphorous intake also has to be balanced along with a few microminerals.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this information, guys! I love this thread.

Ricky, I was informed that any fat helps to moderate the rise and fall of blood sugar levels. For example the more fatty the food (butter), the slower and gentler the arc will be... which is good for us. I personally never ever worry about the fat content of meat, veggies, nuts, or fruits. I heard in addition to coconut oil, cinnamon helps too. And also, cucumbers are good for the kidneys.... which is important. I never knew about the potatoes and D3, but that must be why I crave potatoes from time to time! Or about the cramping. I heard dehydration and potassium deficiency can cause leg cramping as well.

DrogoTheNorman, I have been taking regular over the counter magnesium off and on to help with bowel movements ever since I was diagnosed with diabetes, lol. And by off and on I mean almost everyday but sometimes going a couple of weeks without.

I haven't experienced any tingling feet yet but all this information is good to know, in case.

My type is actually the auto-immune disorder one where my body produces the antibodies that attack the islets on my pancreas. I think the onset (gene expression) probably has something to do with stress imho, since we're all sharing. But diet and vitamin deficiency could definitely have aided that process... or perhaps even dehydration.

I have read that stress wears and tears on the body via. stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline, each pulls energy away from your vital organs and immune system and puts that energy into your muscles in order to prepare you for a fight or flight situation- like if you were facing a mountain lion or bear. But these days we get stress from none physical entities, like bills and finances... or social relationships. And we can't fight or flight with those, and too much stress will weaken the immune system because of the over production of stress hormones wrecking havoc on the body and the body is not properly responding to the stress by fighting or flighting, physically, like it needs to (we can't punch our back accounts into compliance).

But... if we ate better? And exercised? That could eliminate a lot of damage the stress does to our bodies... the exercise is vital because it uses up the energy that stress puts into your muscles. Like it's supposed to. As if you're tricking your body into thinking it is really tackling the stressful situation properly. And the diet is equally vital because if we don't get what we need nutritionally, then our muscles won't build and our bodies won't get a good rest (we need specific stuff to get a healthy rest), and etc.

I often feel like we are all just robots. The body is so machine like.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
For those of you still following this thread, I'm beginning to investigate Goldenseal (berberine) as a way to attack diabetes from the back end:

examine.com...

I have yet to take a single dose.

And here's a skeptic of berberine:

diabetesupdate.blogspot.com... ut-may-very-well-be.html
edit on 19-6-2017 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
May I suggest you extend your research to the effect of capsaicin to small nerve fiber receptors in the case of peripheral neuropathy.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Those of you that might have problems taking Magnesium Citrate--I recently discovered that Magnesium Glycinate is just as effective if not moreso. The health food store was out of Citrate one day, so I purchased Magnesium Glycinate and it prevented the neuropathy symptoms just as well if not better than the Citrate.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
For those of you still following this thread, I'm beginning to investigate Goldenseal (berberine) as a way to attack diabetes from the back end:

examine.com...

I have yet to take a single dose.

And here's a skeptic of berberine:

diabetesupdate.blogspot.com... ut-may-very-well-be.html

BTW: I am convinced Goldenseal caused a week-long bought of diahrrea--which ceased as soon as I stopped supplementing with Goldenseal. I no longer take it and will not take it ever again.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

that's a quite useful info and good spread among the people I know with Diabetes

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
UPDATE:

I have definitely concluded that Magnesium Glycinate works better than Citrate after taking it every day since my last reply.
edit on 17-4-2018 by DrogoTheNorman because: Correct typos

top topics

join