It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Multiple Shooting Fatalities Orlando

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Are people really blaming guns for gun violence?

Pretty sure knives aren't to blame for gun violence .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The guns have been here since the beginning. What makes you think the guns are the problem? It's the culture, this generation, dissolution of the family, etc.

You do have a point. The gun culture is this country us very disturbing. Even though I am pro-2nd amendment, I try to distance myself from the gun nuts.

Agreed. There is too much of the attitude that guns will solve whatever problem you have. Pissed at your employer? Your gun will solve the problem. Someone cut you off in traffic? Your gun will solve the problem. Wife cheated on you? Your gun will solve that problem. Husband threatens to leave you? Your gun will solve that problem. We don't see this nearly as much in other countries that have lots of gun owners.

Again, this then proves guns aren't the problem.

When you take out gun violence that is drug or gang related, the US gun crimes stats are similar to the rest of the worlds.

So it seems your argument should be how do we change the gun culture in gang communities.

Other countries have criminal elements just like we do. Drugs/gangs are all across the world. Do you have a link to your claim about the stats?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So you're just trolling then, got it

a reply to: 3danimator2014

Do terrorist incidents not count as mass murders ?

Here's one for you, though despite guns being incredibly difficult to get legally in the UK, there were 3 separate shootings in Liverpool alone last week.

So don't tell me that things are fine in our not so gun free countries, they just don't get the major headlines

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't even know why I bother reading past the first post(first page at the most) on here anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Are people really blaming guns for gun violence?

Pretty sure knives aren't to blame for gun violence .

And I'm sure that you're sure people aren't to blame for knife violence.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It appears there is no longer an active shooter.

Thank goodness. Passive shooters aren't nearly as dangerous, though they can still be quite scary.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: sine.nomine

The guns have been here since the beginning. What makes you think the guns are the problem? It's the culture, this generation, dissolution of the family, etc.

You do have a point. The gun culture is this country us very disturbing. Even though I am pro-2nd amendment, I try to distance myself from the gun nuts.

Agreed. There is too much of the attitude that guns will solve whatever problem you have. Pissed at your employer? Your gun will solve the problem. Someone cut you off in traffic? Your gun will solve the problem. Wife cheated on you? Your gun will solve that problem. Husband threatens to leave you? Your gun will solve that problem. We don't see this nearly as much in other countries that have lots of gun owners.

Again, this then proves guns aren't the problem.

When you take out gun violence that is drug or gang related, the US gun crimes stats are similar to the rest of the worlds.

So it seems your argument should be how do we change the gun culture in gang communities.

Other countries have criminal elements just like we do. Drugs/gangs are all across the world. Do you have a link to your claim about the stats?

o hear gun control advocates speak, one would be led to believe that gun violence is a widespread problem whereby the mere existence of a gun is as much a problem as the person who intends to wield it. But the reality is that gun homicides are overwhelmingly tied to gang violence. In fact, a staggering 80% of gun homicides are gang-related. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 250 million guns.

Cities such as Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Cleveland, and New Orleans all have very high per-capita murder rates. Individual police estimates usually find at least 65% and often more than 80% of all murders in those cities are gang-related. Solve the problem of gang violence, and a huge chunk of the gun homicide and violence problem is solved. And what national gun control measures would slow the gang violence problem, when local gun control laws have failed in cities like Chicago? If politicians were really worried about gun deaths, wouldn't they be specifically targeting where a majority of the problems exist?

jpfo.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

So is a knife to blame for a murder and not the murderer himself?

How about blaming a car for running over and killing somebody and not the driver instead?

Funny the terrorists that stabbed and ran over the people in London took all blame.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish we could do something to fix the broken culture that produces gangs, and no I realize we don't know for certain this is gang related.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

This thread is about a shooting in Orlando, not about gun control!

If you want to talk gun control, make a thread.

If you want to do so using the tone this thread is dissolving into, start it in the Mud Pit.

All future posts dealing exclusively with gun control in this thread will be removed, and continual postings will affect posting privileges. All ATS expectations are also in full force.

Ignore this at your own peril.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Do not reply to this message.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/ Member

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"DID NOT happen at Gerber Collision."
"NOT in the business."

That swings it toward gang violence as the most likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The FBI is now running the show

*sop for mass shootings???

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish we could do something to fix the broken culture that produces gangs, and no I realize we don't know for certain this is gang related.

I believe that the federal government had a lot to do with promoting the gang culture, through breakup of traditional families and family values. You know, it takes a village... hows that working out?

Once something like that becomes the norm, it is very hard to change it.

I hope that whatever happened in Orlando today can be studied to make it less apt to happen again.
edit on b000000302017-06-05T09:48:24-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 05 Jun 2017 09:48:24 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

Maybe if we're talking one like MS-13.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Time to play ATS's favorite game: Urban or Turban!!!!

I am going with urban on this one.

We're already into ROUND 2:
Bubba or Mohammad?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Deleted to save the mods time .

edit on 5-6-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh, I agree. You subsidize a thing, you get more of it and all that.

And I think there is a certain push to normalize things that maybe we shouldn't have because no one wants to be "mean" and shame is a horrible thing, but at the same time, it increases dependency which makes government needed.

Decreasing incidents that lead to Orlando-style shootings really has to start with rebuilding the family.
edit on 5-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

The presence of the Feds on scene is to me a good indicator of some kind of covert op--a false flag of some sort.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join