It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Multiple Shooting Fatalities Orlando

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Ah...this weeks american multiple shooting came in very early.

Keep relaxing those gun laws guys. Kudos. The blood of all the victims is on the hands of anyone who opposed tighter gun controls.

Very sad

Hey what happened in London again? Oh, yea, a vehicle and knives were used. And the first cop to encounter the attackers took all three of them on with just a baton.

And lost.

Push that narrative though

Thats funny, the 3 perps where killed in 8 minutes, how long do you guys in the usa take to stop all those mass killing, yea murika rocks.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Discotech

Lol try me, so how many million of guns to make you all really safe, like i said all the other countries with high numbers of gun ownership arent even close to the total gun death in the good old us of a, but yea you got me good lol.

So you're agreeing that it's not the guns are the problem ?

It's the people right ?

What was your point ?

That americnas are too stupid to own guns.

Tell that to WWII Europe... Ok, I'll stop with this.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's right by Fullsail University...As well as a gun range. Not much else there bust industrial stuff and car shops. It's been a bad area for robberies due to the school and how everyone is carrying nice laptops and production gear.

link   
"DID NOT happen at Gerber Collision."
"NOT in the business."

link   

Keep relaxing those gun laws guys. Kudos. The blood of all the victims is on the hands of anyone who opposed tighter gun controls.

Very sad

Hey what happened in London again? Oh, yea, a vehicle and knives were used. And the first cop to encounter the attackers took all three of them on with just a baton.

And lost.

What's that got to do with Americas obsession with guns?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Just pointing out that despite the very stringent gun laws, you still have issues with terrorists smuggling in plenty of firearms.

Outlawing private ownership doesn't stop criminals from getting weapons.

In our case, because our government refuses to control the border, we would have lots of illegal weapons coming in with the drugs the cartels smuggle in, and all of the street gangs and anyone else who wants to patronize them would have ample weaponry even with illegal private ownership.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The guns have been here since the beginning. What makes you think the guns are the problem? It's the culture, this generation, dissolution of the family, etc.

You do have a point. The gun culture is this country is very disturbing. Even though I am pro-2nd amendment, I try to distance myself from the gun nuts.

edit on 5-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Very sad

Dont waste your breath, theres over 300 million legal guns in america, and there still telling us the more guns they have the safer they are, meh cant fix stupid really.

It makes little difference whether people have guns or not, if somebody is hell bent on killing you they'll use any tool they can find to do the job the easiest.

Stop making things like this into a debate about guns.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people

And yet there are not weekly reports coming out of any European country about mass murders. Explain that please.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So that veers us back to gang/robbery.

link   

Very sad

And lost.

What's that got to do with Americas obsession with guns?

Said the person forgetting the topic. The point is guns have nothing to do with violence.

I'll give you a minute to get over your stroke.

Turns out people are violent and guns are a good defense/deterrent to said violence. Sometimes people snap and do stupid things. It's not like this shooter is trying to start some roving gang and has supporters. It's over. He used a gun. Jog on.
edit on 5-6-2017 by sine.nomine because: Fat fingers

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lots of firearms in my rural county. Murder is a very rare occurrence. Last one 2003, committed by a transient.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Very sad

Dont waste your breath, theres over 300 million legal guns in america, and there still telling us the more guns they have the safer they are, meh cant fix stupid really.

It makes little difference whether people have guns or not, if somebody is hell bent on killing you they'll use any tool they can find to do the job the easiest.

Stop making things like this into a debate about guns.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people

And yet there are not weekly reports coming out of any European country about mass murders. Explain that please.

I guess you don't count terrorist attacks as mass murders? Jesus, do you hear yourself?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The guns have been here since the beginning. What makes you think the guns are the problem? It's the culture, this generation, dissolution of the family, etc.

You do have a point. The gun culture is this country us very disturbing. Even though I am pro-2nd amendment, I try to distance myself from the gun nuts.

Agreed. There is too much of the attitude that guns will solve whatever problem you have. Pissed at your employer? Your gun will solve the problem. Someone cut you off in traffic? Your gun will solve the problem. Wife cheated on you? Your gun will solve that problem. Husband threatens to leave you? Your gun will solve that problem. We don't see this nearly as much in other countries that have lots of gun owners.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

lol victim
ha
"we don't shoot each other in canada" eh.....
nice way to respond to a thread which describes a shooting

hope you have a superior day guy

Dude stop playing the victim, seriously your an alpha male with a gun, durp durp.

ottawacitizen.com...
yeah nobody ever gets shot in the former hockey land
no criminals ever get those dastardly guns up there
they are WAY to polite for that

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Lol try me, so how many million of guns to make you all really safe, like i said all the other countries with high numbers of gun ownership arent even close to the total gun death in the good old us of a, but yea you got me good lol.

So you're agreeing that it's not the guns are the problem ?

It's the people right ?

What was your point ?

That americnas are too stupid to own guns.

If you care to look at how many legal gun owners go on shooting sprees or killings in general, you will see that it is not even an issue worth discussing. 9 times out of 10 it is people with illegal guns, or guns acquired illegally. Do the math. There are hundreds of us on ATS who own firearms and guess what? We are still here, not in jail... Guns are not the problem, as you have also pointed out in another comment. And the majority of us are sane and responsible with them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You do have a point. The gun culture is this country us very disturbing. Even though I am pro-2nd amendment, I try to distance myself from the gun nuts.

Agreed. There is too much of the attitude that guns will solve whatever problem you have. Pissed at your employer? Your gun will solve the problem. Someone cut you off in traffic? Your gun will solve the problem. Wife cheated on you? Your gun will solve that problem. Husband threatens to leave you? Your gun will solve that problem. We don't see this nearly as much in other countries that have lots of gun owners.

Again, this then proves guns aren't the problem.

When you take out gun violence that is drug or gang related, the US gun crimes stats are similar to the rest of the worlds.

So it seems your argument should be how do we change the gun culture in gang communities.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don't mean this in a bad way, but if you honestly think that about your fellow countrymen, you are an unempathetic, polarized, f'd up person.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

You don't have the street gang problems we do?

Most of what get called mass shootings here now are gang related. That doesn't mean less people died, but it does give a different motive than someone with a random gun simply snapped and went shooting which is what people generally think of with a mass shooting.

The media narrative now is that because private American citizens are allowed to legally own their own firearms, they must logically go on random shooting sprees with frightening regularity. The US must be like the old Wild West movies you see. So every incident where more than one person is shot is played up like someone with a gun just went mad and went shooting.

In reality, most of them are inner city gang violence which often involves illegal guns and wars over turf. It's like a modern mafia war only with a less classy mafia. They don't wear high class suits and eat in Italian restaurants.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
WATCH LIVE:
www.clickorlando.com...

Report from nearby awning company:
"Woman says her boss is dead."

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Are people really blaming guns for gun violence?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join