It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Multiple Shooting Fatalities Orlando

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: IAMTAT
Well the only option left I think is to scour social media. The company has a facebook page, but I don't. Somebody who does could try and backtrack through its followers and subscribers and see which are employees, and whether there were any comments about the firing from April, or of the court case.

I am exhausted of my resources other than physically calling and pestering the already inundated involved agencies.

Nothing of note on their FB page.... I mean nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't do any speculating on who it was because.... wait for it.... I didn't know anything yet.

No point in speculating that it might be a redneck white guy from the everglades, or a black thug from the bad part of town, or a Muslim hell-bent on killing everybody. Unless you are trying to push an agenda.

Yeah, you're right. In this brave new world, no one is ever just curious about things. We all wait to be told what to think by the official people in charge.

Because it makes so much more sense to set our minds to something regardless of what the facts are.

I sort of agree with you. To make up your mind before hand is folly, and should be rejected.

But I don't see the harm of us on here speculating, as long as we are willing to accept facts.

"willing to accept facts"

That is the problem...there are many that are not willing to accept facts.

Also, not all christians are dumb, not all muslims are murderers, not all blacks are thugs, not all athiests are evil (well none of them are). To speculate is to paint with a broad brush...arent we all trying to rid ourselves of stupidity?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Never too soon to push the agenda, is it?

Truly pitiful. There's a time and a place for this argument...

...this is not the time, nor is it the place.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity.

Also, not all christians are dumb, not all muslims are murderers, not all blacks are thugs, not all athiests are evil (well none of them are). To speculate is to paint with a broad brush...arent we all trying to rid ourselves of stupidity?

You sure none of the atheists are evil ? I know a few that make me shudder and are total creeps. They are the most obnoxious and the most perverted out of any at the parties. They have zero accountability to anyone. Not saying they are all like this but had to argue your point that no atheists are evil.. hell yeah.. there are plenty of evil atheists .. some even serial killers.

edit on 5-6-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Ah...this weeks american multiple shooting came in very early.

Keep relaxing those gun laws guys. Kudos. The blood of all the victims is on the hands of anyone who opposed tighter gun controls.

Very sad

Way to politicize this before any facts are out!

Check this out.

Did you know that almost every shooting comes after someone gets angry at someone for what they said?

So everyone who supports the first amendment also has blood on their hands!

what an incredibly stupid comment. I know what you're going for, but you failed miserably. you also don't seem to understand what the 1st amendment actually is.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Some of the nicest people I know are atheists. They're nice because they want to be, not because they have to be due to some fear of going to hell and having demons chewing on them for eternity.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I didn't do any speculating on who it was because.... wait for it.... I didn't know anything yet.

No point in speculating that it might be a redneck white guy from the everglades, or a black thug from the bad part of town, or a Muslim hell-bent on killing everybody. Unless you are trying to push an agenda.

Yeah, you're right. In this brave new world, no one is ever just curious about things. We all wait to be told what to think by the official people in charge.

Because it makes so much more sense to set our minds to something regardless of what the facts are.

I sort of agree with you. To make up your mind before hand is folly, and should be rejected.

But I don't see the harm of us on here speculating, as long as we are willing to accept facts.

First I think our goal should not be to cater to those that will not accept facts. We call those people out, we move on. But we should not cease any speculation out of fear of those people.

And also speculation does not mean just painting with a broad brush. Someimes thats part of it, others not.

For example, I can speculate that this killer preplanned this act. Thats speculation that has notihng to do with aa borad brush.

You seem to be criticizing stereotyping, as are others on this thtread.

Yes, that sometimes comes with speculation. I speculated that this man was white, based on the fact that he killed himeslef, and that it usually something we see with white perpetrators. This doesn't make me ignorant or a bigot.

The truth is, all of us, even yourself, stereotype all of the time. You have never met me, but based on our ATS interactions, you have an idea of what I would think about certian things, thats stereotyping.

I have never been to China, but I have an idea of how people their look and act, thats stereotyping.

In addition, stereotyping is often quite helpful. Should ppolice start off assuming that everyone of any age or gender is equally likely to committ a crime? No of course not, they would never be able to solve everything as every single person in the area would have to be investigated for every single crime.

The key is not to in vein to eliminate stereotypes, but to not be negative to people based on them, and to be willing to toss them aside when they are incorrect.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Some of the nicest people I know are atheists. They're nice because they want to be, not because they have to be due to some fear of going to hell and having demons chewing on them for eternity.

Hmmm, I c. So the only way someone who is religious is nice to you is because their religion forces them to be? What kind of person are you?

I am pretty sure I am nice to people and do nice things for them because I like them and like making people happy.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Ah...this weeks american multiple shooting came in very early.

Keep relaxing those gun laws guys. Kudos. The blood of all the victims is on the hands of anyone who opposed tighter gun controls.

Very sad

Way to politicize this before any facts are out!

Check this out.

Did you know that almost every shooting comes after someone gets angry at someone for what they said?

So everyone who supports the first amendment also has blood on their hands!

what an incredibly stupid comment. I know what you're going for, but you failed miserably. you also don't seem to understand what the 1st amendment actually is.

Well I think your comment is stupid, and you don't know what the first amendment is, and you failed miserably!!!!

There, aren't we adding a lot to the conversation!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

i don't think he was arrested. Police just checked it out and company/person let it go.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Do you believe in hell?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

One of my favorite outspoken atheists is a family member whom...when things get bad in her life...asks us to pray for her.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Some atheists I've met are very nice people.. but the point I was making was that they are NOT all nice people. Like I said before I've met some perverted creeps who thought they were better and smarter than what they called fools who believe in the bible. Just mean creepy a**** who I make a point to stay away from.

By the way.. I'm not nice ( when I am ) because I fear hell .🙄

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

First I think our goal should not be to cater to those that will not accept facts. We call those people out, we move on. But we should not cease any speculation out of fear of those people.

And also speculation does not mean just painting with a broad brush. Someimes thats part of it, others not.

For example, I can speculate that this killer preplanned this act. Thats speculation that has notihng to do with aa borad brush.

You seem to be criticizing stereotyping, as are others on this thtread.

Yes, that sometimes comes with speculation. I speculated that this man was white, based on the fact that he killed himeslef, and that it usually something we see with white perpetrators. This doesn't make me ignorant or a bigot.

The truth is, all of us, even yourself, stereotype all of the time. You have never met me, but based on our ATS interactions, you have an idea of what I would think about certian things, thats stereotyping.

I have never been to China, but I have an idea of how people their look and act, thats stereotyping.

In addition, stereotyping is often quite helpful. Should ppolice start off assuming that everyone of any age or gender is equally likely to committ a crime? No of course not, they would never be able to solve everything as every single person in the area would have to be investigated for every single crime.

The key is not to in vein to eliminate stereotypes, but to not be negative to people based on them, and to be willing to toss them aside when they are incorrect.

yes, we all stereotype...but we shouldnt

especially if you are in the legal field...stereotyping is illegal.

I was once stopped and searched (I am a goody-goody do not do drugs at all) bc I had a bonnaroo festival sticker on my car...the cop told me! (dumb cop)
I let him search, i just sat there wishing I had a recording device (this was way before smart phones, etc).
I got home and ripped off that sticker. I now do not have stickers ever on my car bc of that.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Do you believe in hell?

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Remember that when a criminal that gets an illegal firearm and starts shooting at you with no one around to help, because gun laws keep the average citizen from being able to protect themselves and others. Cops don't have teleportation machines to instantly save you.... check out Brazil. Their gun laws are ruthless, but criminals always find their fix. And places with hardly and guns you'll just get stabbed. Logic is wonderful.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well, you were the one who said atheists were not accountable to anyone, which implies that there is no real reason to be nice otherwise.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Some do, some do not.

The warnings aren't generic, I guess...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That we know of. There could be much worse that he didn't get caught for.

Could be any number of reasons that made him go off.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well, you were the one who said atheists were not accountable to anyone, which implies that there is no real reason to be nice otherwise.

What I meant is that some atheists have no problem murdering someone they hate ...because they have no accountability to God.

As Christians ...we have a bit more reverence on how God will view it. I don't see reverence as fear... but if it is fear , it's a healthy fear, in my opinion.

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join