It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cheaper solution for the long war on terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Given the amount of money we spend on the military to fight the long war on terror which there is no end in sight, consider the following cheaper solution. What if we airlifted the entire country of Israel to some part of New Mexico or Arizona. We could move ALL the people and ALL the buildings. Just take them all and move entire state. Every house and every building. Give the state of "New Israel" the same voting representation as New York or California. A few extra seats in Congress for good measure.

You may think at first glance it would be too expensive. But actually, given how much we have paid in military spending, and the amount we will spend over the next 50 years, my idea makes a lot of sense. It would probably be a fraction of the cost of what we are spending on defense of Israel.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The entire Israeli/Palestinian angle is a red herring. If this went away tomorrow there would still be a near similar amount of people that would want to kill us.

I have a better idea, use all that money we spend and airlift the entire region to the surface of the sun. Most of them would not even notice since it is already so goddamn hot there to begin with.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
wouldnt work .
The terrorists would still demand everyone convert and revert back to the 6th century or die . Nothing would change .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Cheaper...... don't rebuild these dens of snakes.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Errrr what.

Did you mean to post this in the jokes forum?

Just move the entire country just like that.

You do know that it's that part of the world that holds special meaning, not some reserve in arazona

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's too bad that so many people still believe in some kind of hocus pocus - voodoo - mumbo jumbo - nonsense that compels them to believe that certain patches of sand belong to certain kinds of people.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Home about we just move the Palestinians?
Easier to move rubble than buildings.

Same result right?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If Jews/Christians/Muslims saw the "Holy Places" for what they really were, they would see the beauty in the rest of the world. There has been so much blood poured over those "holy places". I guess "holy" means different things to different people.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Um...yeah, I don't think the framers had that in mind when they formed a more perfect union.

Your idea is creative, but completely unfeasible and outright dangerous to say the least.

Israel isn't well liked contrary to popular belief. IF it were even possible, which it's not, to do all that, we would become the most hated country on the planet!

We're (the US) not liked very much to begin with anyway. Why exacerbate the situation?

The war machine doesn't want cheaper. That I can guarantee.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I got to thinking....
If this idea works in the middle east, why not deport all non whites from America to end racism?
Removing those problem causing jews will end hate apparently so removing those problem causing blacks and Mexicans will do the same thing right?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I got to thinking....
If this idea works in the middle east, why not deport all non whites from America to end racism?
Removing those problem causing jews will end hate apparently so removing those problem causing blacks and Mexicans will do the same thing right?

You're only allowed to say things like that if you lean left politically.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

At the bottom of it, Israel has been the forward base since WWII. The toehold in the Eastern Mediterranean, just like "South" Korea (and Vietnam was intended to be), a permanent toehold on the Asian continent.

Geo strategically, the worlds geography doesn't change.

This is about world domination. All the spin in the west since the Jewish state was formed is whats called Geo Political, i.e., lies and cover up.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Remember the days when the evil genius with the hot babes wanted to rule the world and he'd threaten all the nations with giant laser beams and stuff?

Yeah, we should have let him win.

Stupid James Bond!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
One good way to try to slow terrorism down? Don't sell them billions worth of weapons over 10 years.

The U.S. is funding its own enemies, that to me shows that they don't want terrorism to end, they just want a boogeyman to make people afraid.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
they've GOT to build their temple on that exact spot, so god can save us, apparently. yay religion!

edit on 5-6-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
One good way to try to slow terrorism down? Don't sell them billions worth of weapons over 10 years.

The U.S. is funding its own enemies, that to me shows that they don't want terrorism to end, they just want a boogeyman to make people afraid.

You need to stop that commie talk. War is a business, capitalism and American as apple pie. You should be proud your tax dollars are being used to promote freedom and the American way.
edit on 5-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Meh as long has people worship gods or money there will be death and carnage. Humans are arrogant creatures that believe that the universe revolves around them, its going to take a very long time before we can drop the chains that hold us back as a species.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The scary thing is I've actually heard this same argument in so many words from more than one poster here recently and they were being serious.

Their desire to exterminate entire cities and cultures is the same hateful force that drives ISIS and other terrorists, Hitler and his supporters even. I hate to bring Hitler up but if the shoe fits...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: olaru12

The scary thing is I've actually heard this same argument in so many words from more than one poster here recently and they were being serious.

Their desire to exterminate entire cities and cultures is the same hateful force that drives ISIS and other terrorists, Hitler and his supporters even. I hate to bring Hitler up but if the shoe fits...

Yes, Turn the whole region into a glass parking lot seems to be a preferred solution by many. I miss the good old days when we could just hate the Mexicans. Now we need a score card.
edit on 5-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Good idea, but I would relocate to Australia. They need more people, comercial centers and theme parks. Could be good!a reply to: dfnj2015

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join