It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, & Bahrain Cut Diplomatic Ties, Shut All Borders With Qatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So it seems that some unexpected political action in the ME . southfront.org...

Just days after president Trump left the region, a geopolitical earthquake is taking place in the Middle East tonight as the rift between Qatar and other members of the (likely extinct) Gulf Cooperation Council explodes with Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt cutting all diplomatic ties with Qatar accusing it of “speading chaos,” by funding terrorism and supporting Iran.

Zerohedge is the original source www.zerohedge.com... but my post is coming from Southfront

Does this mean the pipeline war over Syria will be cancelled ? We can hope so but I wonder what is really happening .
edit on 6.7.2017 by Kandinsky because: Edited the ALL CAPS SHOUTING in the title

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Trump is a man for the people not the sheeple and hope this does change the dynamics of the ME

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A more reliable source:

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE already consider the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization.

I hope this means the US will finally designate the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization and expell any non-citizens with ties to this terrorist organization and prosecute any US citizens who give them material support.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Not at all unexpected.

Just under-reported.

UAE cut ties with Qatar last month, before Trump's visit.

Edit: apparently they use the date format that reverses the month and date so this article is from today not last month.

The United Arab Emirates explained its decision to severe ties with Qatar due to Doha's support for the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization.

CAIRO (Sputnik) — The United Arab Emirates (UAE) said in a statement Monday it had cut off diplomatic relations with Qatar because of its support for radical the Islamist movement of the Muslim Brotherhood.

sputniknews.com...

edit on 5-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
SO these leaked or hacked Emails seem to be the big issue . I am still trying to get a grip on this but this is another release by SF who seem to just copy and paste like I do from their sources .

The latest email leaks from the Hotmail account of the United Arab Emirates’ ambassador to Washington, Yousef al-Otaiba, could threaten Emirati diplomacy and strain regional relations, analysts say. “If the leaked emails are proved to be genuine, they could become a source of stress for the UAE,” Khalil Jahshan, executive director of the Arab Center Washington DC, told Al Jazeera. On Saturday, hackers released what they claimed was the first in a series of emails taken from the inbox of Otaiba. The leaks have revealed a strong relationship between the UAEand think-tanks closely allied to Israel, along with Emirati efforts to tarnish the images of Qatar and Kuwait; Emirati involvement in the failed coup attempt in Turkey; and the UAE’s fight against Islamist movements, particularly Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. Speaking to Al Jazeera, legal expert Mahmoud Refaat said the leaked emails serve as living proof of what he described as “the Emirates’ heinous crimes” in the region.
“The UAE has destroyed entire populations, including the Libyan and the Yemeni people, under the banner of fighting the Muslim Brotherhood,” Refaat said. Some of the leaked emails include a detailed agenda for a meeting scheduled later this month between officials from the UAE government and representatives of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a pro-Israel think-tank. The agenda includes a joint assessment of the changes that have taken place in Saudi Arabia, which proposes a plan to support Saudi stability and its new policy directions. The agenda also includes a review of internal Saudi policies, domestic challenges faced by the Saudi leadership, foreign policy and the kingdom’s role in stripping legitimacy from worldwide “jihad”,” Al Jazeera’s article reads. According to the article, the emails also revealed communications between the UAE and the US aimed at preventing a meeting by the Islamic resistance movement, Hamas, in the Qatari capital, Doha.
southfront.org...
edit on 5-6-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This RT interview seems to boil down to Iran . They the GCC want all members to sever all ties with Iran and Qutar does not .One would think that the USA base there may end up being moved and Qutar might look for someone else on the same side of the argument . I think Turkey reported awhile back they were going to open a base there . I wonder if Russia might rent a spot or even Iran for that matter .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Somebody is creating a new Hegelian Dialectic.

Qatar is sitting on loads of natural gas.

Think !!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The price of oil has risen because of this. Btw, Yemen has cut ties with Qatar as well.

originally posted by: xuenchen

Qatar is sitting on loads of natural gas.

They export gas to India and Japan.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's funny cause Saudi Arabia themselves is also funding/supporting terrorism. It's public knowledge as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Libya and the Maldives also cut ties with Qatar. Also note that Ramadan ends on June 24.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt
Only the vestiges of the former Saudi Vassal in Yemen have cut ties. The Houthis I assume are neutral on the matter, due to being too busy cutting down Saudi soldiers on the border along with their Sudanese mercenaries.
Same thing with Libya, the Western UN installed puppet goverment hs cut their support. The real Libyan government in the East is likely neutral on the matter as well.

Its all good, history looks to be in favor of those who remain tied to the east in the current affairs, so Qatar should be ok.
edit on 6-5-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It sounds like things have deteriorated significantly in the past 2 days.

new topics

top topics

join