It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has WSJ Proven GOP Collusion With Foreign Hacker?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh , crap. Now you have done it. Brought actual facts and logic into one of the OPs threads.... With 2 posts even.

If a person stating "Guccifer 2.0 is not Russian" qualifies as "actual facts and logic" to you, then here you go:

Guccifer 2.0 was a Russian intelligence front for Russian hackers. Russian hackes hacked the DNC, DCCC and John Podesta's email. The Russians provided WikiLeaks with the stolen material and members of Trump's campaign colluded with them.

There you go — I stated it all matter-of-factly, therefore by your standards, it must be true. Case closed. Can't argue with "actual facts and logic" like that, can you?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I do want to say, that although I don't feel this story proves Russian collusion at all, let alone with anyone on Trumps team, it seems to me that this Nevins character ought to face some consequences.

He seems to be knowingly asking for private info.

Unfortunately I can't read the article so maybe you can help me Ante.

How did he get in contact with G2? How did he know G2 had these docs?

And I feel he should damn well be investigated to find out the answers to these questions.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nevin's reached out to Guccifer 2.0 on Twitter. The WSJ had copies of the exchanges which were confirmed by Nevins. It's not clear from the article where they got the screenshots of the Twitter DMs (direct messages).

It appears that Mr. Nevins didn't know exactly what Guccifer 2.0 had. From the article:

Learning that hacker “Guccifer 2.0” had tapped into a Democratic committee that helps House candidates, Mr. Nevins wrote to the hacker to say: “Feel free to send any Florida based information.”

“I just threw an arrow in the dark,” Mr. Nevins said in an interview, adding he set up a Dropbox account so whoever was using the Guccifer 2.0 name could send large amounts of material. Later, going through what the hacker sent as someone who “actually knows what some of these documents mean,” the GOP consultant said he “realized it was a lot more than even Guccifer knew that he had.”

I cannot believe that as of the writing of the article, according to Nevins, he had not been contacted by any investigators. That's just unreal to me.

Also, the campaign of Rep. Brian Mast should be investigated. A campaign consultant is flat out claiming that he used stolen data to make decisions for the campaign. I don't understand how this isn't a bigger deal other than WSJ published it behind a pay wall in the middle of a news cycle in overdrive.

I'd be interested to know if Mr. Mast's opponent, the Floriday Democratic Party, the DNC/DCCC/whomever owned the data, etc have contacted the proper authorities since its publication.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree with you 100% about a need for them to be investigated. If these were truly admissions he made, that warrants at least an investigation with authorities contacting him.

This to me is different than Trump joking for Russia to relase the emails.

This is someone knowingly asking for stolen info to use privately.

I don't care what party this guy was working for, that is unacceptable to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: D8Tee

The flaw in your response is Russia was sanctioned for its invasion and occupation of Ukrainian territory. The false crowdstrike report dealt with the number of artillery pieces lost by Ukraine.

Obama placed further sanctions on the Russians over the hacking of the DNC, making it even more difficult for the new administration to touch them. Politically now, if Trump lifts the sanctions, it's going to look bad. If there had been no mention of a DNC hack done by the Russians, perhaps the economic sanctions could have been lifted by now.

According to statements from the White House and the Treasury Department, the government has sanctioned nine entities and individuals over their alleged interference in the election: the GRU and the FSB, which are two Russian intelligence services; four individual officers of the GRU; and three companies that provided material support to the GRU's operations.
Link

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Right but none of which cost Russia the hundreds of billions you stated. That figure is based solely on the Ukraine issue.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"" Has WSJ Proven GOP Collusion With Foreign Hacker? ""

They tried but failed.

There's no confirmation except somebody's "word".

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

edit on 6302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Trump wasn't joking. He was asking for illegally obtained information to use against Hillary.
At that time no one thought trump had a snowflakes chance in hell of winning including trump and he needed all the dirt he could come up with to win.
At this point he didn't know that the FBI would be giving him a great big boost days before the election.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Trump wasn't joking. He was asking for illegally obtained information to use against Hillary.
At that time no one thought trump had a snowflakes chance in hell of winning including trump and he needed all the dirt he could come up with to win.
At this point he didn't know that the FBI would be giving him a great big boost days before the election.

you are simply wrong
as usual

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think the move by the FBI to announce no charges against Clinton in July, and then announce they were reopening he investigation with weiners underage issue and the newly discovered emails on his laptop and then announcing days prior to the election nothing new was found was meant to help Clinton win.

I think it was a last minute effort to push her beyond the email issue, giving people the mindset of her innocence when they went to their polling places.

I think that plan backfired spectacularly. I think it had the opposite effect that they were intending.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join