It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN hosts makes 'racist' comment to 12-year-old Spelling Bee Champion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
No you mean social justice warrior ideologues. Not the same as all liberals nor especially actual leftists. There is a difference.

The scary thing is that most people under say 40 think this is what being liberal is all about.
The SJW's are fascists and trying to turn their beliefs into modern "liberalism".
Exactly, those that equate identity politics with all leftists are either ignorant, or have their own agenda to discredit real progressive issues such as anti war or economic justice.
edit on 5-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I can't even imagine Liberalism without Conservative sabotage.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What you say about spelling is true, but it doesn't matter to SJW puritans.

All that matters is that the CNN lady made a casual assumptions about her linguistic abilities based off her race. That's enough to brand the CNN lady a racist.

Do you begin to comprehend why I despise this SJW insanity?
edit on 5-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If it's racist to ask someone where they are from, then it's racist to assume they can't spell something because it's not in their native language.

The racism is in making the assumption they even speak that language.

Juan Gonzalez may have deep family roots in Hispanic culture, but he may be a second generation or even third generation Latino who speaks English as his primary language and doesn't really know any Spanish to speak of. So to make the assumption that Juan Gonzalez should interpret for the group because of his looks and name is racist.

What the CNN lady did is working off the same principle of SJW land. It seems a shame that someone who thinks this stuff is absolutely the height of stupidity understands what's going on here.

Since when is something that is likely based on probability have anything to do with HATING a race?

RACISM = HATING SAID RACE.

Even if I did think Juan could speak spanish; that doesn't make me racist. I have zero negative connotation or intention towards Juan, but because I thought it was probable that he could speak spanish, suddenly I'm a "Racist" who hates Spanish people?

rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/Submit
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Are you capable of understanding that there is a difference between "a decent probability that Juan could speak Spanish" and "Don't teach Juan english; spanish people are the worst"?

One is racist; the other is an assumption based on a probability that has zero negative connotations and is by definition NOT racist.

THIS IS THE ENTIRE REASON THE WORLD IS OUT OF CONTROL; STUPID PEOPLE. They don't even know what "Racist" means.

It's also not racist to ask someone where they are from; I ask people that regularly, of all races -- it's called getting to know a person.
edit on 5-6-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Wrong with me? You haven't been around here long or you'd know I think this SJW crap is the stupidest thing to ever grace the planet earth, but people here seem to be confused as to why SJWs are calling the CNN anchor a racist for making that remark, and I am explaining it.

No, it makes no sense at all, but that's the rationale that's being used to all the CNN anchor lady a racist here. You don't have to believe it, and it so happens I do agree with you that that is the definition of racism. You don't have to post it at me. I have posted the same damn one plenty of times myself to make the same damn point you're trying to nail me with.

But that's why the SJWs are calling this lady a racist for making that remark about the girl not being able to spell a word because it's not Sanskrit.

It isn't about her not being to spell a made-up word. It is about the casual assumption the CNN lady made based on the girl's race. Oh, she is this race, ergo, she speaks Sanskrit. To an SJW puritan, this is called racism (whether it is or not on many levels). And they are now all over this lady.

It is actually richly ironic because this lady would be happy to hoist any conservative on the same petard if a similar thing happened to any one of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am Latino or Hispanic or whatever other word one wants to use. Personally I just identify as American. But I know people like their divisions and sometimes its just easier when interacting with others online to use the L or H word.

Technically I am mixed race. My father was born in the mid-west, United States, but his parents emigrated from Mexico. My mother is white. Her family moved from the south to the mid-west before she was born. I tend to favor my father in looks and skin color but my mothers family in physical size. Everyone on my dads side is on the short side. Where the guys on my moms side are tall and broad shouldered. When mixed together, I kind of look like I should be from Spain. I am generally not that dark skinned except in the summer, but you can always tell I have something else in me even when not summer tanned.

In high-school I had a teacher assume I was Italian and a fellow student ask me if I was Native American. I have been told that my moms side does in fact have a small percentage of Native American in them. But I have no proof of this besides family gossip. So depending on how much time I have spent in the sun I can range all over the map.

Where am I going with all this.....

Every single friggin time I go to the grocery store and walk up to the deli or the cashier or the spot in the back where they sell tacos and fried chicken and stuff. The person behind the counter greets me in Spanish. I know I have a sick tan but I do not speak Spanish at all. I speak English.

My all American, German and Italian descended better half, with her lily white skin and blue eyes, is the one that responds back in Spanish. Which every time gets a double take. Sometimes even free stuff. I can't count how many times I have gotten some free tamales because of this.

So if this CNN lady is racist. Are all the Mexican people behind the counter at the grocery store racist for assuming I speak Spanish.

Oh god, am I racist because I assumed the people behind the counter are Mexican and not Guatemalan.

edit on 5-6-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Unfortunately, I read this story at the Times of India and cringed at the all the comments from folks who hate Americans (and Latinos, Christians, etc...ug).

If ever there was a fine example of double standards and pots calling the kettle black...you'll find it in those comments.
Li nk

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You probably don't think they are necessarily racist. Depending on where in the US they live, they likely interact with a lot of Hispanic people who don't speak English. So, they get used to dealing with Spanish speaking Latinos as a matter of course. But to someone who is a puritan when it comes to SJW stuff, then sadly yeah, they are being racist for assuming you speak Spanish and assuming your better half would speak English.

Just like these days you would be wrong to assume that a male-looking person is actually a man and not a "she" or "ze" whatever other crazy prnoun game we're all supposed to play with each other.

It's absolutely nuts, but it doesn't stop them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

India is officially the most racist country. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Social Justice is like a tank of piranhas, if you don't give them something to chew on they start eating each other. It's only a matter of time.

Piranhas everywhere are offended by this...
They only cannibalize the weak and injured.

These SJW's will literally beat the S*** out of their own mothers is she so much as had a whiff of Nazi on her.
The evergreen incident is an excellent example of this. The professor these kids are demanding to be fired was a Bernie supporter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join