It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA mayor: Immigration arrests could cause a 'tinderbox'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Ahh the face of leader ship. Major of LA Eric Garcetti.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D) in a recent radio interview said he is concerned that increased Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids under the Trump administration could cause already high tensions in his city to boil over.

“If something goes wrong, I fear a tinderbox out there, you know where people will suddenly say ‘no’ and try to defend. You know, keep that person from being taken,” Garcetti told Latino USA.

“That’s a very dangerous situation. That’s dangerous for those officers. That’s dangerous for those agents. And we’re going to have to respond.”
thehill.com...

The mayor of LA is concerned IF something goes wrong with ICE enforcement then a tinderbox will be lit up.

He says what if the "people" say no when ICE comes to enforce the law, and keep that person from being "taken". Taken-this guy is a peach.
He then said the tinderbox is dangerous for the ICE agents too. Is this an under the radar threat?
edit on 4-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D) in a recent radio interview said he is concerned that increased Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids under the Trump administration could cause already high tensions in his city to boil over.

“If something goes wrong, I fear a tinderbox out there, you know where people will suddenly say ‘no’ and try to defend. You know, keep that person from being taken,” Garcetti told Latino USA.

“That’s a very dangerous situation. That’s dangerous for those officers. That’s dangerous for those agents. And we’re going to have to respond.”
thehill.com...

The mayor of LA is concerned IF something goes wrong with ICE enforcement then a tinderbox . He says what if the "people" say no when ICE comes to enforce the law, and keep that person from being "taken". Taken-this guy is a peach.

Well, yeah. Enforce law in a lawless area after so many decades, the lawless will fight back.

This isn't a surprise, and I suspect it is by design.

You can't up and arrest a quarter of the population without a resistance.

link   
You know, I have spent 25 of the last 33 years living in other countries. Many of them in Mexico. We are thinking about moving abroad again. I have always followed immigration law in my host countries. I have always paid my own way. I have always tried to adapt to the culture and language and do what was right by their laws.

If I acted like this in Mexico, I'd be kicked out faster than you could imagine.

I've always wondered what would happen if about 25,000 US citizens amassed on the border and crossed the river illegally.

link   

thehill.com...

The mayor of LA is concerned IF something goes wrong with ICE enforcement then a tinderbox . He says what if the "people" say no when ICE comes to enforce the law, and keep that person from being "taken". Taken-this guy is a peach.

And his pink poke a dot panties.

What is wrong with the mentality of American leadership these days.

Oh, I know, when those in charge of America from the local govt right up to the US President and cant be touch for breaking the law, well, AMERICA IS DOOMED slowly but surely.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Seems like this is a conversation to have with ICE and not with the public.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

Seems like this is a conversation to have with ICE and not with the public.

He appears to be a man of God so he is privaliged to do as he pleases.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Man of God is a license to be a dumb ass?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Man of God is a license to be a dumb ass?

Have you've listen to any preachers lately? I've seen more churches empty or closed just in hometown cities. But when i went to the biggest most people there church in town, I was confused on what the dude was trying to preach on the Gospel, got me, even the churches must be confused what is wrong must be right these days

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes, I see your point.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Maybe avoid a tender box by giving each one $1000 before deportation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Don't enforce the law!

Easy enough.

SMH

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is what the mayor must want.

I still wonder if saying out loud in public it would be dangerous to the ICE officers was a threat.
I would think that ICE already knows that this is a crap job that the last 5 presidents have kicked the can down the road and now it is now it is time to pay the piper.

Perhaps Trump is going to do what he campaigned on? And this scares the hell out of the well manicured mayor?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

As an LA resident, I have nothing but contempt for that guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

lol the game Homefront features Americans going to Mexico illegally

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
tender box...

That would get me all fired up..

edit on 4/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

On no, better placate the illegal invaders or they might get angry.

So much for real leadership. What a pathetic politician.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Enabling, he's going to have blood on his hands if their are riots.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I feel the same way for all criminals. They could fight back. So we should let them all be.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Isn't this more of a reason to act to enforce our laws and wouldn't that be more like an invasion?

new topics

top topics

join