It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisting When 'SHTF'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In 2011, ATS was all over the place. When someone said ‘SHTF’ one would think something like:

A 2012 Apocalypse

A FEMA Camp takeover

A crazy Martial Law scenario

Maybe even Biological Warfare

Now, given the current circumstances.. I believe a new SHTF scenario is becoming a little more realistic.

What I mean is since 2015, the divide between Liberals and Conservatives have never been more prominent than before. I’ve seen my own family members turn sides and turn on each other based off of what they believe in. On the internet, it’s even uglier.

The Rundown

I’m going to make what I see very simple. You have 3 main factions:

1. Conservatives who love Trump. Don’t like Liberals because they can’t see through the veil of lies that the lefts feed them, causing the country to be controlled by the corrupt.

2. Liberals who hate Trump. Don’t like Conservatives because they are for the rich and powerful. Liberals tend to believe the average Conservative is money driven and are less for the people, namely the little man and those who are poor.

3. The ones in the middle who don’t like the two party system in general. The beliefs of these people vary from left to right sporadically.

Based on these beliefs, the ones you see most often are the first two. On ATS, you primarily see number 1.

One thing I’ve seen on the web quite often is the mindset of:

Which makes me believe that when SHTF, we’re going to see something like this eventually if things get bad enough;

While I do see Conservatives of Trump trying to rid the evils out of office.. there still is a bigger threat that is being overlooked and forgotten in the mist of the commotion by both Liberals and Conservatives:

No matter how Pro-Trump one may be, there is no way he’s touching the fed or the banks.

I’m all for exposing Hillary and the gang called the media. I also hope Seth Rich gets his justice and Wikileaks is liberated.

However, at the end of the day..

**Sorry for big pictures**

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good point. Trump needs to fire the fed or he is party to their crime.

I won't be holding my breath for the answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

maby he never belived what that other guy use tell him till someone found him

Vampirea maby not sure
3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I totally agree that the root of the majority of problems in western civilization are the banks, how they control, how they rig the game, how they use unbacked fiat currency, and how they use fractional reserve lending to create wealth transfer to themselves.

Though the left/right war may happen before anyone bothers with the fed and friends. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.
edit on 4-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Media does their job so well to keep everyone focused on whatever it is they need to draw attention away from. Will even promote fake news on live television to do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

Will even promote fake news on live television to do it.

They miss every time i kiss.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
I’m going to make what I see very simple. You have 3 main factions:

1. Conservatives who love Trump. Don’t like Liberals because they can’t see through the veil of lies that the lefts feed them, causing the country to be controlled by the corrupt.

2. Liberals who hate Trump. Don’t like Conservatives because they are for the rich and powerful. Liberals tend to believe the average Conservative is money driven and are less for the people, namely the little man and those who are poor.

3. The ones in the middle who don’t like the two party system in general. The beliefs of these people vary from left to right sporadically.

I don't buy this at all. I am liberal and I don't hate Trump. I would prefer Trump over Pence. At least with Trump you have a social liberal.

Here's my problem with group #1. First, they think their opinions are facts. So you can't argue someone who thinks their own opinion is a fact. The right is always "right". There is no room for compromise. Take ACA for example. The Democrats had the votes to pass the ACA. The Democrats wanted a single payer system to drive down costs. Instead, the ACA was the compromise which really didn't change anything that would bring down costs. Now the Republicans are back in power and the ACA will be taken away. As usually, no compromise, the Republicans get what they want.

My second problem with the conservatives is they simple do not believe government has any role in the citizen's lives. There are no public policies that are any good. Essentially, government is problem and no government is the solution. The problem is people have absolutely no power against the big corporations and the CEOs. It's only through the power of government will the quality of life for citizen making the median worker's wage ever be improved. FDR's words tell you exactly what it means to be a liberal:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government.

Against economic tyranny such as this the American citizen must turn to the organized power of government to address inequalities. Wealth inequality is at all time highs. Every year the middle class gets driven deeper and deeper into a poverty wage. This is a scientific fact. This is not an opinion. And everything you post, everything you say is just BS. Because money talks. Unless what you are saying is addressing wealth inequality in this country it's just more BS.

Now for group #3, the ones in the middle, as a liberal, as far as I am concern, being in the middle is no different than group #1. Being in the middle means the status quo remains status quo. The people in the middle might as well be conservatives.

I'm also very much against US military adventurism. US foreign policies are completely out-of-control. We are just bombing way too many people creating more radicals and terrorists. I would love to see us tell the Europeans to go screw and close ALL our European military bases. I would like to see us stop killing Arabs for Israel.

But lately I've been thinking the only way the long war on terror is ever going to end is if we finally bomb Iran for Israel. Then maybe Israel will leave our country alone. I want to get back to when the main focus of our country's government is America. America FIRST! I'm sick and tired of this crazy defense spending. Just bomb the effin Iranians, kill another 10 million Arabs and be done with it. Then maybe Israel will stop effin with our government!

edit on 4-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
maby god is real we just lost him sacrificed

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I agree the Fed is the reason why we will never get out of debt and everything will always suck in this country.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: emotordys
maby god is real we just lost him sacrificed

Science has shown superstition isn't real.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I want to address 3 points in your post.

1. Wealth inequality is the result of capitalism. There are those on the bottom and those on the top. Corporate greed and regulation is what driving down the middle class. I don't have an issue with egality.

2. What it means to be a liberal today has changed just like what it means to be a Republican. My post is a simple one. I didn't want to one much coagulation . If you like Trump for certain, that's cool.

3. Group 3 will automatically share traits with both group 1 and 2. So I wouldn't say they are the same but they share some ideas, sure.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

maby They need to go to outer space to get the green sorce from the sun

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
2. What it means to be a liberal today has changed just like what it means to be a Republican. My post is a simple one. I didn't want to one much coagulation . If you like Trump for certain, that's cool.

3. Group 3 will automatically share traits with both group 1 and 2. So I wouldn't say they are the same but they share some ideas, sure.

The people in the middle are no different than conservatives. They may think different. But the way they think, they way they vote, preserves the status quo. The status quo means NOTHING changes. Every year the rich get richer. That is a fact.

I have to be honest with you I am a little sick and tired of conservatives telling me what it means to be a liberal. Liberals are NOT for government for the sake of having more government. Liberals are for "good" government with no corruption. FDR defines what it means to be a liberal. Liberals define what it means to be a liberal. Not conservatives.

Today, I went to a Sushi restaurant in town. I went to the bathroom. On the mirror there was a sign that said, "All employees must wash their hands before returning to work. By order of the local health department." I was thinking that sign cost money. Putting that sign up cost money. I was thinking I bet there are right wingers out there who would be against spending tax payer money to put up a sign in the bathroom about employees washing their hands before returning to work. They probably think having such a sign is a big overreach of government. Government should stay out of business. The libertarian argument would be after enough people had diarrhea then the restaurant would go out of business. I just don't agree with the idea that government doesn't have a role in regulating business. We can fight diarrhea in this country. We are all in this together! Come on people! Stand united against diarrhea. United we stand, divided we sit on the toilet all night.

edit on 4-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Meh am equal opportunity hate everyone .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Reminds me of Operation Blackjack

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The Fed. Hegelian Dialectic AGAIN? Replace it with what? Who gets the power? Who chooses who gets the power?

The Fed isn't stupid. They know this grass-roots movement. IF, in fact, that is what it is. Options would, per force, be already decided on an ready for implementation basis, yes?

That's how the Fed was established in the first place. Everyone 'knew' a change had to be made. Now we make the same mistake again? Really?

The simple answer is you had better have a better replacement otherwise your better off leaving the damn Fed. alone!( Audit it, indict, clean house and implement proper oversight, seems the easiest solution.)

Not making any sense to you? Then let me try this...The U.S. is the only nation with a 'Fed.'. Every nation has someone with the same or similar power within it.....with no Fed. The same or similar power is used virtually everywhere.

If we're gonna remove it, then we had better have the replacement well thought out and approved in advance or we will end up with something even worse. Likely put forth by the same crowd that runs the Fed. JMO.

edit on 4-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join