It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space - We Have Been Lied To - The ISS Is NOT In Orbit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
The real mystery is how did this get 13 flags?

AnI how did you get so many stars for this one liner in the Skunkworks forum?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Keener7
a reply to: Winstonian

Who knows really, maybe it's not manned I wouldn't be shocked it it turned out to be the case. But like you said earlier, why? What would be the whole purpose or benefit to put so much time and resources into some elaborate hoax that has no clear purposes?

And thanks to those who welcomed me and helped with links.

To complete the program?

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Re-read the OP. I clearly state that there is something up there, I just don't believe it is what we are being told.

Did you watch the video? There are multiple examples within the video that you cannot explain away with "artifacting" or other technical video terms.

Watch the video, you will clearly see one of the astronauts on a harness flying across the background. It is plain as day. The second example, is the astronaut passing an object that does not exist into his empty hand.

This is the clearest and easiest example in the video. There are several others, but you have to watch it to see what I am talking about. I have done tons of research, I wouldn't be posting otherwise. I have watched countless hours of NASA ISS footage. I am subscribed to NASA Johnson on Youtube, and watch everything that comes out. I don't need to hear what the author of the video says, the anomalous NASA clips are everywhere. The reason I posted his video is that it gives a viable technical explanation as to how it is possible to fake what I believe they are faking.

Everyone immediately dog-piled on without reading the entire OP, or even watching the video that I presented. I am not quite sure everyone is taking this so personally. People are acting as if I just punched their opinion in the face.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Read the thread title?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Why do people invite themselves onto a thread without reading it? Why?

I give everyone the common courtesy of reading what they have to say prior to bashing them. This is a big problem in modern society, people scan headlines and form an immediate opinion, instead of reading deeper into the story.

In my opinion, the ISS is not in orbit. I think that whatever the object we see in the sky is, that it is NOT the ISS. I believe it is most likely some type of solar powered drone, possibly a balloon, who knows.

The REAL ISS is nothing more than a virtual studio at some hidden blacksite that NASA has. Or, you could also say that the ISS is in a giant pool in Houston.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: Box of Rain

Re-read the OP. I clearly state that there is something up there, I just don't believe it is what we are being told.

You should take your own advice and re-read what I actually wrote. I was telling the other poster that you DID think it was a real object -- only that it was not an object in orbit. This is quoted from my post:

originally posted by: Box of Rain

The OP's assertion (at least in his opening post) was that the ISS seems not to be in orbit, but is instead something that is lower that in orbit; he suggested that it might be a drone or a balloon.

His reasoning was that it should be impossible to be seen from 200 miles away if it really were a thing in orbit -- either manned or an "empty can" as you put it. However, as mentioned by several people, reflected sunlight even from small mirrors can be seen from 10s of miles away, so it stands to reason that the ISS with its large solar panels should be able to be seen against the black sky from 200 miles away.

So as you can see, I did in fact acknowledge that you asserted that SOMETHING was being seen, but it could be a balloon or drone. I went on to clearly explain your reason for doubting that the ISS was really in orbit, and was instead "something" esle flying at a lower altitude than orbital altitudes...

...and your reason being that something the size of the ISS -- i.e., football field sized -- could never be seen in orbit from 200 miles away on the ground. I then went on to explain that if a small hand-held mirror reflecting the sun could be seen from ten or more miles away (and it can) then solar poanels from the ISS could be seen from 200 miles away against the blackness of space.

Therefore, I refuted your assertion that the thing in the sky that we see as the ISS had to be at a lower altitude to be seen

originally posted by: Winstonian

Did you watch the video? There are multiple examples within the video that you cannot explain away with "artifacting" or other technical video terms.

Watch the video, you will clearly see one of the astronauts on a harness flying across the background. It is plain as day. The second example, is the astronaut passing an object that does not exist into his empty hand.

I honestly did not mention the alleged harness because I thought that was such a silly claim that I didn't think anyone really thought it was a harness. I've seen that before and I always thought it was a wireless transmitter -- similar to what news reporters-- especially the weather-people -- wear on their lower back on their belts. I figured the astronaut wore it because he wanted to be in communication with someone as he moved about the ISS, freeing him up from needing to constantly plug something in as he moved around.

Granted, I suppose it could be a harness (it is within the realm of possibility, although unlikely), but it seems like it was harnessing that particular astronaut in the wrong place considering his (heavier) upper torso was higher than his (lighter) lower torso. If the harness was really attached at his lower back, you'd think his weight would make him lean forward, causing his head and upper body to lean downwards.

As for the guy in the green shirt, since we have no idea what he was saying, we don't know why he was moving his hands like that. He could have simply been explaining something to us in such a way that we were to imagine something in his hands -- like a person would do if they were explaining how to make a snowball or something. It's quite a logical leap to see a person move his hands and assume the ONLY explanation is that he was manipulating something in augmented /virtual reality that he can see though his secret contact lenses.

People do things with their hands all the time manipulating an imaginary object while explaining some process. Why are we to necessarily believe that this particular guy was positively not doing that, and was instead using virtual reality?

edit on 2017/6/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
when i lived up north I use to watch for satellites passing over Not hard to see even with the naked eye .
And they are not much bigger then a suv .
Really its cool you should try it sometime . Winter is best on a dark moonless COLD night ooo man teh beauty is beyond belief.
Then see this little light slowly cross the sky you can tell its not a plane just looks like a star but moving in a way no star or planet or plan ever will .
Yea its real alright no need to fake we Humans worked our asses off for 70 years to make it possible and frankly people like you are belittling it and are disrespecting all who have worked so hard to make it possible even some who gave there lifes to farther our understanding .
Really the idea of aliens and cool teck they may have who needs um ? we have justa s cool teck as any alien you can dream up they would enve US .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
when i lived up north I use to watch for satellites passing over Not hard to see even with the naked eye .
And they are not much bigger then a suv .

Iridium Satellites (communication satellites deployed by the Iridium Communications Company) are no larger than an SUV, and they orbit at an altitude of about 485 miles, but the reflected sunlight flares from their solar panels are sometimes bright enough to be seen in daylight.

These "iridium flares" only last a few seconds at a time, but if you know where and when to look, you can see one in the daylight. When they flare up at night, they can be (momentarily) the brightest object in the night sky.

The "where and when" to see on can be found at the following link, along with many other visible satellites:

heavens-above.com...

However, using the OP's argument, Iridium satellites are far too small for their reflected light to be seen from 485 miles away, so that means that there are no such thing as these communications satellites, which means that the iridium Satellite phones should not be able to work the way they do (by getting a signal from virtually anywhere on Earth).

edit on 2017/6/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

why do people ask questions - then simply ignore the answers ? you have made ZERO attempt to address anyone who has actually answered you - you just continue to whine - why ?

your opinion on this topic is utterly unevidenced

i will state again - with 2 correctly equiped observers at each end of a 100km baseline - the altitude of the ISS can be calculated - and confirmed to be 400km ASL [ variable - subject to decay // boost cycles ]

i have personally provided " technical assistance " to a schools project that did indeed measure the ISS altitude - they got an error of just 08km - which was IMHO very good - considering their limited training on borrowed equipment

further - measurment of the ISS angular size [ arc seconds ] - after calculation of its distance from the observer wiill confirm that the visible ISS - is indeed aprox 70m square - as stated by NASA

ergo - your claiims that its a balloon // drone at low altitude are utter bollox

you clam " no one is reading your posts " - - but do not have the decency to read other peoples [ or are you just ignoring them because they contradict your delusions ? ]
edit on 5-6-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A Balloon/Drone, eh? I know of no balloon or drone that can carry thousands of KGs of solar panels around the Earth 24/7.

ISS from Earth

ISS from a Telescope

Predicting the ISS and other satellites

I want to know the Balloons and Drone that can lift that damn thing - it weighs 420,000 KGs, and the Solar panels weigh about 8000 KGs - Impressive weight to lift ratio.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It still comes down to that single word question: Why?

As show all through this thread, the physical evidence that the ISS exists and really is in orbit at around 245 miles above the Earth is there. It really is in orbit.

So you're saying, sure, but it's a unmanned drone, and that the US, Russia and a host of other countries are faking personnel being up there by using a studio and CGI.

Why? For what reason?

Why go through all that effort to build it (so uhm...how did that do that? You do know that it was put together by astronauts right? Or was that also all done by drones somehow?) only to not put anyone in it?

Are you trying to say that it's impossible for humans to be in Low Earth Orbit? If so: why is it impossible? That would mean humans (because several countries have done it now since the 1960s) have been faking it somehow for a very long time.

Or is it just the ISS?

Again: why?

"I don't know" isn't a good answer. Without even guessing as to the why, it's much more believable that personnel really are on the ISS.

From your OP of this thread:

Recently, I have been focusing my research/entertainment efforts onto NASA. I believe, after many, many hours of research, that the ISS is 100% a hoax and fraud.

If you've really done that research like you said, it should stand to reason you asked the same question: "Why?" "Why would they do this?"

It also stands to reason that if you've really done your research that again the ISS was NOT only built and manned by NASA.

In your OP, you tried very hard to say that the ISS was not really there, that it was something else. However, many members on here have shown you that no, it really is up there. There is no faking that. Not only visually confirmed by so many people, but the math for it's speed and height is not something that can be refuted. It's there. So that's pretty much most of your OP torn to shreds.

Now you've shifted gears and said fine, it's there, but it's not really manned.

Okay, we can debate that. One of the first questions in theories like this put forward is: Why?

So do you have a valid argument that can make sense as to why the US, Russia and several other countries would go through the trouble of really putting the ISS up there....but then faking anyone being on it (oh and that includes private companies like DragonX that sends supplies up to it must be in on it too)?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
All the so called hoaxes come down to that simple one word question. The Apollo-Moon hoax? Why? Flat Earth being hidden from us. Why? Etc...

Why?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I've read your OP and watched the video. And you have to admit it's not a very strong case you're building here.

It starts with the moon hoax that is not part of the discussion. Then it focusses on the size of the ISS and why it shouldn't be visible from space. When common sense dictates that indeed during the day, like all other satellites, it's not visible. But when it is dark the amount of sunlight being reflected from the solarpanels is enough to make it one of the brightests single point objects in the sky. But apparently that's not really important because there is something there, it's just not the ISS.

Fine, but just realise that there is something there. And given the fact that the object is visible and verifiable at said location and time it is highly unlikely that this object is within the earths atmosphere. Because that would be an absolute behemoth of a coverup. Imagine trying to fake a LEO with an object in the atmosphere. Thats crazy, do you have any idea how fast this object has to travel to simulate the ISS orbit. This google/yahoo/facebook drone of yours has to circumnavigate the enitre planet within 90 minutes! Forget it, just forget it. Even if this thing was just a fancy projection of somekind, how are your going to send that projection non-stop around the world in 90 minutes??

Then you mention the fragility of the ISS and why it has never been hit with debris. Ok, fair question. Well first, yes the ISS is incredibly fragile, and that is why it's absolute TOP priority that it doesn't get hit by anything larger than a grain of sand. I'm guessing here, maybe even a grain of sand is deadly to ISS at 7-8km per second. Thats also the reason why they are so meticulous with space debris from other objects and why they take extra care not to leave something up there. But don't be fooled into thinking that the objects are whizzing by left, right and center. Most of space is just that, empty space. It's just that when something does hit the results are devastating.

And finally we come the video. Ah yes, the video. Augmented V.R. contact lenses? Really? Glitches in the live feed(!) from space = holo glove malfunction? For reelz?
But seriously, I want to adress one scene from the video that pretty much sums up how much they strayed from the plot and how much they are caught up in their own conspiracy. The scene with the female astronaut and plush toy.
The guy in the video is so convinced of the augmented reality show that he doesnt even notice that the plush toy is and has always been there. It's just edited out of the shot, you can SEE the outline of the toy before it appears. No fancy augmented vr necessary, just basic video editing.

Listen, it's not a personal attack. It's just a discussion. I'm very familiar with the feeling of wanting to discuss something with likeminded people only to find yourself being pushed in a corner and defending yourself.
The reason why you find yourself defending in the corner is because:
1) you did not make a strong enough case
2) misrepresented the issue you wanted to discuss
3) not properly adressing points others are making in your OP
Just being convinced of NASA fakery and noticing some glitches in live feeds from space is not enough. I'm going to leave the why alone here. Basically we all know why. Because there is no why, right?
edit on 6-6-2017 by Jubei42 because: typo

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Re-read the OP. I clearly state that there is something up there

No,

in a later post you say you believe there is something up there but not in your OP.

Or are you saying the solar powered drone is up there, in orbit?

Why do people invite themselves onto a thread without reading it? Why?

free will.

Learn to live with it.

I believe it is most likely some type of solar powered drone, possibly a balloon, who knows.

I really hope you are not implying that this solar powered drone or balloon is in orbit?

You said you clearly state there is something up there.

So are you suggesting the drone or balloon are in orbit?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The reason I ask the questions above is because of another thing you mentioned in the OP.

about seeing the ISS and how its only a little larger than a passenger airliner.

If the something you believe is up there is the drone or balloon, how big is this drone or balloon?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Re-read the OP. I clearly state that there is something up there

No,

in a later post you say you believe there is something up there but not in your OP.

Or are you saying the solar powered drone is up there, in orbit?

In his OP he said it was not in orbit because there would be no way to see it if it were in orbit (too high up to be seen). He said that he thought it could instead be a drone or balloon and implied that it was lower in the atmosphere where it could be low enough to be seen.

Another way we know it is really in orbit and not somewhere in the stratosphere is that we can see it at night. That is to say, we can see the sun reflecting off of it -- even at night. That is because it is high enough that the Earth sometimes does not cast a shadow on it even when it is on the night side of the planet; there are locations in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that something in LEO can be generally above the night side of the planet, but still in sunlight (because there are some locations in orbit that it is high enough to be above the shadow cast by the earth).

For example, the ISS was visible from my location last night at about 11:00 PM. Even at 11:00, it was reflecting sunlight. Granted, it was north and east of me, so it was on the edge of where the Sun was still shining at 11:00 MY local time, but if it were something that was not as high as LEO, and instead some sort of drone or balloon at a lower altitude, then there would have been no possible way for it to be reflecting sunlight and visible from my location at 11:00 PM.

edit on 6/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I understand what you are trying to say Winstonian, while I don't agree with all of it the last video seems to me to be evidence that part of what you are saying is correct. If we discount all of the video except the very last part due to some other easy explanation that last part is interesting. I gave up after 3 pages of people insulting you but at that point I hadn't seen it explained let alone addressed by those same folks. That doesn't mean I think it is the only explanation but I would like to see another one that made more sense.

I am not quite sure why you took such a beating as it's an interesting topic for discussion no matter what. I have a feeling most people didn't bother to watch the video which is a shame.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
If we discount all of the video except the very last part due to some other easy explanation that last part is interesting.

When you say "last part", do you mean the part (of the "NASA Faking Weightlessness" video) with the astronaut in the green shirt moves his hand as if there was something in it? If so, what is it about that scene that you find interesting?

As I said above, we don't know what he was saying, so maybe he was describing doing something, and simply pantomiming with his hands in order to help explain it. I mean, if I saw two guys across the street talking (but without being able to hear them) and one guy was moving his hands as if he was manipulating an object, I would assume the guy was just using his hands in a way to help explain something. I would NOT automatically assume he was manipulating a virtual reality object that only he could see with his special contact lens viewing monitor.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Why is all alien life in movies depicted as hostile?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join