It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space - We Have Been Lied To - The ISS Is NOT In Orbit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I see it often from my yard.Will read your post when I get back from town,so bookmarking this.I have seen many things out here in the Bush that make me question the nature of our reality here,funnily enough the ISS is about the only "normal" thing I've seen along with the satties.Anyway,will reply more when I've had time to actually read your post.And thanks for bringing the thread,it's this type of thing that attracted me to this site,whether I agree with the OP or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DefaultNamesake83
a reply to: Winstonian

Keep questioning, though.

I have no problem with the OP questioning things. As your said, it is good to ask questions; that is how we learn.

However, the OP does not seem prepared to actually learn from the questions he is asking, but rather has a pre-conceived answer in his head, and any evidence that refutes that answer is blindly dismissed with a wave of his hand by him claiming "I'm right; everyone else is closed-minded; and the government lies".

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Questioning things is cool. Asking questions about things is cool. Putting forth highly speculative theories is cool.

However, on that last one, the person putting forth that theory here on ATS needs to be ready for the deluge of questions, demands for evidence, and keep their cool.

Especially that last one: keep your cool and not loose their temper, etc.

YouTube videos are not exactly the best source for evidence or "proof" of something. YouTube allows anyone in the world to say anything they want. Does not make the person doing so a subject mater expert however.

That actually goes for anything else here on ATS. Like someone makes a thread saying they have proof that Big Foot is real, and their only "proof" is a YouTube video of some guy swearing he saw Big Foot. Yah....okay....what would have been better is the OP of that thread having their very own video of Big Foot....DNA samples that were tested....things like that.

If one cares to look, you can find a lot of the Moon Hoax threads that are like that. While I completely disagree with them, I will say that some of those threads were quite detailed in their evidence, everything from news articles to actual interviews with people involved with the Moon landings. Some OPs even showed that they do possess quite a bit of knowledge of space and the Moon, which always helps.

Someone comes on here and makes a thread about the Mars rover Curiosity not really being on Mars. Great! It's a break from all the Trump threads and they get a big thumbs up from me! If they do the OP in great detail, post a lot of information and explain WHY they think this, I'll even give them a Applause.......even though I'll end up disagreeing with them, simply because of the hard work they put into the OP......and because it's not about Trump.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
further - with some relatiivly basic equiment [ £100 astronomy telescope ] 2 people - who can position themselves over 50 km apart [ the greater the distance - the easier iit is to reduce operator and equipment errors ] - can calculate the altitude of the ISS - using simeltaneous sightings and basic trigonometry

so yes - the ISS can be demonstrated to be at the altitude that NASA claims iit is

Exactly true. Two friends can determine the rough altitude of the ISS even without telescopic equipment if they were both 100 miles away from each other viewing the ISS at the same time.

With a 100 mile difference in viewpoint on the ground, the ISS would appear to be in a height above the horizon that is about 25 degrees different for one viewer relative to the other viewer. That 25 degree difference is noticeable even without a telescope, and that difference could be measured roughly (albeit carefully and methodically) with poles or long measuring sticks.

Those who cry "conspiracy!" by claiming things such as people only know what the government-run schools tell them to believe don't seem to understand that there are ways for average people to investigate, confirm, and learn things on their own - just by observing.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I remember seeing a pic posted by another member (amateur astrophotographer) showing one of the space shuttles docked with the ISS as it passed overhead. Very cool stuff

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I wish I was an Esoteric Detective with a sexy robot voice

any video experts ?

I heard something about camera framerate
but what d,ya think ?
edit on 5-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I wish I was an Esoteric Detective with a sexy robot voice

It's the internet, anyone can be. Esoteric Detective papers for everyone.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Just might have something to do with how they created their video from the original material or misunderstanding. Never overlook cheating or lack of understanding.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

any video experts ?

I heard something about camera framerate
but what d,ya think ?

Sure, it could be framerate or due to video interlacing (described by me earlier as the method digital videos use by which pixels are borrowed from one frame to the next in order to reduce the amount of memory needed for an entire video file).

I can't prove that's what it is, but then again interlacing and other digital video limitations are real things that could in fact cause artifacts such as that "fade".

I was recently watching a hockey game at a bar with satellite TV, and the picture would sometimes include ghost pixels trailing behind the players as the players skated or as the camera panned/moved. However, this was due to limitations of the digital video, NOT due to the false idea that the hockey players were fake.

edit on 5/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Or you could try reading the op and pay particular attention to the bit where winstonian clearly states that there is something up there that can be seen, tracked, photographed, etc.

Harder fail. Go back to reading comprehension 101.

The amount of people arguing this same point, that was clearly addressed in the op, is more astounding to me than the "iss is fake" theory.

And before I'm flamed, I believe that the iss is exactly what it's purported to be. However, I also believe NASA has lied/ covered up, and is still lying/covering up, many things space-related. The "why" is the unknown variable.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

this had me laughing

Its probably some back pack thing

but funny
edit on 5-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deez349849
a reply to: Leonidas

Or you could try reading the op and pay particular attention to the bit where winstonian clearly states that there is something up there that can be seen, tracked, photographed, etc.

Harder fail. Go back to reading comprehension 101.

Except for

The ISS Is NOT In Orbit

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Deez349849

as you are here to educate us on " reading comprehension "

what is the ACTUAL point of this thread ? [ based on the thread starters OP and follow-up posts ] ?????

it clearly claims :

The ISS Is NOT In Orbit

but then goes on a gish gallop that comes dangerously close to self contradiction

i am ignorng his opening gambit of attempting to poson the well - by throwing out idiotic apollo hoax claims - then instructing us - that these` are not to be discused

so - what is it attempting ?????????????

i CBA defending other peoples replies // motives

but my own reply - demolishes his claims on 2 points :

1 ISS visibility

2 - ISS altitude

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

That isn't it at all. I am more than happy to have a discussion about this, and look at any evidence that people wish to share.

What I am not interested in, is one liner replies calling me names, especially when it is clear that they did not read the thread to begin with. We are supposed to "deny ignorance" here, and being ignorant of the contents of a thread isn't living up to that mantra. Pretty sure that isn't what we are supposed to be doing here.

"You are stupid, we can SEE the ISS!"

No, you don't say? Pretty sure I said that in the OP! I don't claim to be right, or have the answers, which I also covered in the OP. All I know is that things do not appear to be what we are told, other than that, I don't have the answers.

It's a respect thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I am more than happy to have a discussion about this, and look at any evidence that people wish to share.

REALLY ???????????????

you make a series of claims [ all unevidenced ] - that only highlight your scientific illiteracy and ignore all posts that actually address the claims you made with rebutals using real science

and your follow-ups are just a series of whines

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As I have pointed out, anyone (any two people, working in tandem) can work determine the altitude of the ISS by relatively simple observation and some basic trigonometry.

Most of us are not simply saying "You are stupid, we can SEE the ISS!". Instead, we are telling you how you can personally confirm that it is actually in orbit, like they say it is.

Nobody needs to believe NASA blindly; nobody should ever believe something blindly. We are telling you that there are many ways to personally confirm the things they tell you by using some knowledge of how things work, observations, and a little critical thinking.

For example, you should not blindly believe the person in the YouTube video that you posted in your OP. His knowledge of video appears to be lacking somewhat, and he is thus saying things that are misinformative and inaccurate. Do a little research into what types of artifacts can result from videos to understand that the items he mentioned have explanations other than "badly faked augmented reality".

Or don't do your own research, and instead simply accept that the stranger in the YouTube video is telling the truth and/or knows what he is talking about.

edit on 2017/6/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So why did you name this thread 'ISS is NOT in orbit' ?
Why not call it 'ISS is actually an empty unmanned can'

Because if you did that you could try and build a case why this is your conviction. You invite people in this thread based on the title of your thread, and that is what you are getting.

It's been asked before in this thread and I expect a detailed answer. WHY?
Why would they do this? Why go through all this trouble of putting something up there and pretending it's something it's not?
edit on 5-6-2017 by Jubei42 because: typo

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

So why did you name this thread 'ISS is NOT in orbit' ?
Why not call it 'ISS is actually an empty unmanned can'

The OP's assertion (at least in his opening post) was that the ISS seems not to be in orbit, but is instead something that is lower that in orbit; he suggested that it might be a drone or a balloon.

His reasoning was that it should be impossible to be seen from 200 miles away if it really were a thing in orbit -- either manned or an "empty can" as you put it. However, as mentioned by several people, reflected sunlight even from small mirrors can be seen from 10s of miles away, so it stands to reason that the ISS with its large solar panels should be able to be seen against the black sky from 200 miles away.

But besides that, as I mentioned in another post, the altitude of the ISS in orbit can be verified by average people if they take the time to conduct a few observations and do some basic math.

And if it were a drone or balloon that was actually much lower than "in orbit", that fact too would be able to be discovered by anyone (two people in tandem) who took the time to take a few observations and do some math.

So if the OP wants us to believe him that it is really a drone or balloon flying somewhere near the heights that jets fly, then maybe he should take some measurements and show us his evidence.

edit on 2017/6/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
oh an flame war inducing subject
*grabs buttered popcorn*

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
*sees channel is named bibleearth*
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join