It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Unarmed London Community Police Ran Away From Terrorists Leaving Citizens Alone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Lysergic

Twin glock .40s cocked back

Are you trying to feed the troll? .....honest question, what is the point of your post?

And, more importantly, how do you "cock back" a striker-fired weapon?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Xcathdra

Police and France, Germany, Belgium and the US are all routinely armed. They also all have had terror attack.

Yup... point?

Read the second last paragraph of your post. Point seems pretty obvious.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't criticise the PCSO's they don't even carry batons.
I've helped PCSO's and cops before now and I would again in a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Police and France, Germany, Belgium and the US are all routinely armed. They also all have had terror attack.

Yup... point?

Not really... It was an observation.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yup... point?

Well in relation to your observation, my observation would be that no, unarmed police has nothing to do with the attacks happening.

Hope that is clear enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Yup... point?

Well in relation to your observation, my observation would be that no, unarmed police has nothing to do with the attacks happening.

Hope that is clear enough.

Not really but whatever works for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I wouldn't criticise the PCSO's they don't even carry batons.
I've helped PCSO's and cops before now and I would again in a heartbeat.

PCSOs have a "standard" set of powers given to them by legislation, and "discretionary" powers that the Chief Constable can give them, which includes the issue of handcuffs, batons, and CS spray.

I don't think any PCSOs have been given permission to carry batons, but the legislation does actually allow for it to happen.

The majority of forces, however, just use PCSOs as glorified meter maids and as a way to create a more visible presence without the time and expense of training real officers.

Having trained PCSOs in the past, a lot of them are good people who want to make a positive difference. In fact, most of them were planning to apply for positions as regular constables when training slots came up.

edit on Ev11MondayMondayAmerica/ChicagoMon, 05 Jun 2017 03:11:50 -05003832017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You dissing PCSO's?
They're mostly all we have walking the streets in Devon and Cornwall, I'll back them up every time, poor #s aren't even allowed to carry sticks.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

So I assume you support them same as I do?
Keeping an eye on the public but without a stick.
Fair play to them I say.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: TerryDon79

So your police force is typically armed?

Yes, they're armed. Just not with firearms.

I fail to see how that has anything to do with community police though.

Better start arming your police officers.

I hate this concept. Our police officers literally just excuted three terrorists within eight minutes of receiving the call. If they're unarmed why such a heavy an quick response. They have batons which is a weapon, Cs gas which is a firearm and tasers also firearm.

On top of all that we have a dedicated armed response unit which is 100% voluntary. So any officer carrying a gun has put himself out there. They are armed is why we had riots in 2011 cause they shot someone without.due process.

Ffs. We just don't have every single officer with a #ty handgun. We have throughly trained high level competent armed response units. Is the best way to go this way citizens aren't getting gunned down.just cause the officers out of hes depth it works brilliantly. The police still have respect an although there's plenty plenty plenty of guns on the streets in the uk we don't have shot outs alot.

On top of that currently we.just put two.officers on high speed motorbikes with automatic weapons. Ready to interven which I.hope happened Saturday. There armed and when the call comes callously ruthless.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
I AM SORRY I AM NOT A POLICE OFFICER I USED TO BE A STORE SECRUITY GUARD 20+ YEARS AGO. If i saw some dude running around with a knife stabbing people i would do everything in my power to stop them a knife is not that dangerous a weapon all you got to do is stay out of there reach anything not nailed down can be used as a weapon. i never had any traing but i have disarmed buttholes brandishing blades before and never got so much as a paper cut. if you want to be a cop and put on a uniform then don''t run from a dude brandishing a knife. don't bobbies carry billy clubs anymore in france i think they call them batons kind a hard to hold a blade if you get cracked in the wrist or head with one.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylongdee while your cops are standing around waiting on armed cops a regular us cop would have head shotted them to keep them from triggering a vest then called in eod team to neutralize possible devices

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylongyes we have terror attacks and nut cases to but they mostly strike in areas they know that they won't encounter armed response like in areas where there is strict gun laws like chicago.we don't need Purely Useless Security Support Intermediate Enforcement Staff . if we need an armed cop we ourselves call 911,

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: alldaylongdee while your cops are standing around waiting on armed cops a regular us cop would have head shotted them to keep them from triggering a vest then called in eod team to neutralize possible devices

Yes armed US cops are so much better at dealing with serious incidents.

Must be why there are do many more homicides and mass shootings in the UK.

Oh hang on, might have got that wrong somehow.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You dissing PCSO's?
They're mostly all we have walking the streets in Devon and Cornwall, I'll back them up every time, poor #s aren't even allowed to carry sticks.

FFS please start reading entire posts instead of making false accusations. I never attacked law enforcement and as a matter of fact I have been defending them, including the PCSO's.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

So I assume you support them same as I do?
Keeping an eye on the public but without a stick.
Fair play to them I say.

I would rather not have them and have more constables. As we have them, then I will support them in principle. A few individuals might piss me off, though, when they forget that they are not real police officers.

Fun fact - Under s 42 of the Police Reform Act 2002, PCSOs who are claiming to exercise a power are required to provide proof of designation on request. So, if you think they are pushing the boundaries, ask them for their Designation Card. This should list the powers that are available to them. It also pisses them off

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

i never had any traing but i have disarmed buttholes brandishing blades before and never got so much as a paper cut.

A regular rambo huh .Ever take on 3 terrorists at the same time all carrying knives . Thought not . Pretty easy to be a hero behind a keyboard .

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

OP you might want to read up on the cop who took on 3 of them with nothing but a baton and is now in a ICU

If i was unarmed I would have run as far away as i could have.

Now i know ATS is full of the usual macho bravado but if you were unarmed facing 3 terrorists who were stabbing people in-front of you, you would run like Hussain Bolt.

It is not the job of the police to sacrifice themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I've scanned this thread and can't see the source of the OP's comments listed. So here it is, it came from the Guardian.

“Guardian reporter Lisa O’Carroll is at Borough Market, where she says multiple stabbings have been reported: Witnesses said they saw two men stabbing people outside the well-known Roast restaurant in Borough market. A chef from the nearby Fish restaurant said: “The police were running away, they were community police. They were normal officers, they were running away.They were normal officers, they were running away. “The guy with the knife was killing two people. We were shouting ‘stop, stop’ and people threw chairs at them. Police came and shot straight away.” Another staff member from Fish said: “I saw two people in Breadhead bakery, they had blood on them, they were civilians. I never expected to see this happen here.” Neither wanted to give their names.”

It's actually hard to say if they were PCSO's or unarmed constables from a local community team. I suspect the former since they are often a common sight on weekend evenings. In my experience they are armed with their wit and ability to talk to people, rather than an aggressive attitude and belt full of weapons. Where I live the local PCSO's are just part-time middle aged ladies. Just right for dealing with litter dropping potty mouthed teenagers on the local skate park...

If people want to question the bravery of police officers on Sat night they should read this;

metro.co.uk...

With regards to having a permanent armed presence vs. terrorism, the UK has a long history of doing just that. Deployment of armed police and soldiers did not single handedly bring about the NI peace process or stop the IRA bombing campaigns. Had an armed officer been present in Manchester a few weeks back the outcome would have been the same - unless also equipped with x-ray vision and spider senses, that is.

If we are asking questions about UK policing, we should be asking if the recent cuts (approx. 20,000 fewer officers) contributed to the recent events. The government seem to be in denial that more police on the beat means human intelligence can be gathered. If it turns out the London attackers had also been on watch lists I anticipate calls for Theresa May to resign.
edit on 5-6-2017 by BigLes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Lol I'd prefer more constables and scrap PCSO's as well.
Last time I was arrested I'd floored a prick security guard and two PCSO'S tried to detain me but backed off when I told them to go # themselves until a warrant carrying officer arrived.
Constables arrived and chuckled because I only recognised their authority.
Got released no further action an hour or so later.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join