It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Unarmed London Community Police Ran Away From Terrorists Leaving Citizens Alone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

www.whatdotheyknow.com...

PCSO's do not swear an oath of allegiance as they are members of Police Staff and not constables but they are required to work under the operational control of the Chief Constable.

They haven't sworn an oath so have the option of running away.

. . . I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property . . .

Constables who have sworn the oath have to act, if their nerve holds.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I'm as guilty of that as anyone around here...

Wouldn't want you to be in my boat the next time I feel the need to tip it over...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

The point is that there is a major conflict between European countries and radicalization and its can't be ignored forever.

Europe has had a MASSIVE increase in terrorism and rapes over the last few yeara and Europeans need to act accordingly.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: TerryDon79

The failed European experiment will continue, we have the unique opportunity to watch the failed progressive policies continue to destroy your countries.

This is going to be a lesson that will not soon be forgotten.

I bet europe is more suffering from that former united States made refugee crisis that hit us(not by accident, they have their "think tanks" to make no mistakes), because of former united States geopolitics, greed and world domination dreams, than from "failed progressive policies".

The lesson we learned is, having best friends like the former united States( governemnt, shadow government, deep state or whatever, that lies straight in the face of all of it´s "partners", so that they take part in their wars, because of that lies, iraq...) and you don´t need enemies anymore!

Or where is more murder, crime, armed lunatics and less education(if you can´t pay for it) present at all the time, in Europe or the former united States? Who has more crime victims, Europe or the former USA?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

...and to illuminate that, you decided that calling the London cops cowards was the way to go?

Rather a dubious method, I think. There are entire threads devoted to that theory...yet you felt the need to use a dubious, at best, story of cops running away?

Hmm...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That may well be true - so why didn't you start a thread on that topic?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Kester

The point is that there is a major conflict between European countries and radicalization and its can't be ignored forever.

Europe has had a MASSIVE increase in terrorism and rapes over the last few yeara and Europeans need to act accordingly.

What's that got to do with the fake story in your op?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Stop it with the righteous indignation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

BBC

According to the most recent figures for England and Wales, there are 138,728 people certificated to hold firearms and they own 435,383 weapons. There are 574,946 shotgun certificates which cover 1.4 million shotguns.

The UK has some of the toughest gun control laws in the world. If you want to own a gun, it is very difficult to do so.

Out of 65 million people in Britain there is 138k gun owners.

I would call that disarmed.

First off, your source states nearly 600,000 gun owners, secondly, it's by choice, most people don't want guns. If we do, a shotgun certificate isn't that difficult to obtain, whereas a firearms certificate is more difficult, but not impossible as long as you can show good cause and are deemed mentally fit with no criminal background, as it should be.

To the OP, as stated, those are Blunkett coppers, part timers, with no real authority or training to handle these situations. Think Police Academy: Citizens on patrol
edit on 4/6/17 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Legitimate question.

Oh, and where are the credible sources for the allegations you made in your OP?

Start a thread on The Second Amendment and UK gun control laws and I'll gladly contribute.
Start a thread on the problems the UK, Europe and the world at large face with Islamic terrorists and extremists and any related issues and I'll gladly contribute.

This thread was a complete crock - take it on the chin and move on.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Twin glock .40s cocked back

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

PCSO's do not swear an oath of allegiance as they are members of Police Staff and not constables but they are required to work under the operational control of the Chief Constable.

. . . I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property . . .

My parents took me to London. I saw the Constables carried a stick with them. Like a small club, to hit the bad people with. I think they also had a whistle, but I don't know what that was for.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Kester

My parents took me to London. I saw the Constables carried a stick with them. Like a small club, to hit the bad people with. I think they also had a whistle, but I don't know what that was for.

The whistle used to be used to alert any other officers within ear shot that something was happening. And the "stick" was a baton.

Bit different these days though lol.
Nightstick
Pepper spray
Stun gun/tazer
And a radio instead of a whistle (it has a special SOS button on it too)

edit on 462017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What I learnt in this thread, USA have guns and UK don't, therefore there's less crime in the USA..
or something..
That and some people think anyone from Europe would be scared of US city sizes, despite London being as big and populated as New York City and has a far bigger land mass.

A small note, just because a country is small, doesn't mean the cities or population of them cities are small, see Japan.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

"do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? that's because they used knives and a truck!"
A Trump tweet above...
is this what this post is about, a mocking tweet from an idiot in the hope to curry favour?
A mocking tweet from an idiot in the hope to curry favour, from a President of a country whose police routinely kill people who look at them "funny" or do mass shooting to death of someone with special needs because he walked two steps out of his house armed with a mini screwdriver...feck away off and get your own house in order.
edit on 4-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What do the unarmed police officers do expect a totally docile and compliant populace?

Have Britains lost their grit???

The UK police have never been armed!

Your obviously clueless.

1) UK police have not been disarmed. They never where armed in the first place.

2)we have a section of the police that are armed. Most in london are.

3) community support officers afe not police, they are lower on the pole than traffic wardens

4) the terrorist attacks in the UK have not been done by refugees.

5) unlike mainland Europe we so t have open borders to Refugees . The ones we have let in have been vetted children and familys.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I think you should change the laws and open your market to our guns. Can you imagine the explosive growth in sales and share prices if you did that??? The right player could make out very well in a few weeks with the right trades.

Think about it, maybe everybody does want guns, but the ruling elite, a wealthy Monarch is really the one saying no. Time to cast away the vestiges of an antiquated system and take back your rights one bullet at a time!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: TerryDon79

a reply to: TerryDon79

So your police force is typically armed?

Yes, they're armed. Just not with firearms.

I fail to see how that has anything to do with community police though.

Better start arming your police officers.

We have police who are firearms proficient and called when needed.

We don't have a need, most of the time, for a police officers with a firearm. If we do, they get called.

Ummm...I know...right...?

And they were only a mere 8 minutes away...What did they do stop off for a spot o tea and a crumpet...?

Oh...I get it...

They had to unlock the weapons storage room...but the keys were with the captain...and he was on holiday...

You Brits are really a tough old lot...you just throw your neighbors at the terrorists...why...just hurl in the women and children...they'll get tired after a while...then we can get on with the haggis and blood pudding...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You weren't ignored your police officers with an actual ability to stop an ongoing situation are plan B meaning that they aren't on the scene unless otherwise told to be which means your typical first responders do not have an ability to stop an active situation.

8 minutes after the first 999 call.....all 3 terrorists were shot dead.

The people that need firearms in the UK have them and use them when neccassary.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

...and to illuminate that, you decided that calling the London cops cowards was the way to go?

Rather a dubious method, I think. There are entire threads devoted to that theory...yet you felt the need to use a dubious, at best, story of cops running away?

Hmm...

Please quote my statement of calling anyone a coward.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join