It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Unarmed London Community Police Ran Away From Terrorists Leaving Citizens Alone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: alldaylong

How many European countries does it take to match the population of the US?

Changing the goal posts now are you?

Your previous comments have been directed towards The U.K..

So lets compare gun deaths between The U.K. & U.S shall we. As i said The U.S. is unfortunately miles ahead.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
rutgers.forums.rivals.com...

You have a bigger problem on your hands than you are willing to admit. A much bigger problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

rutgers.forums.rivals.com...

You have a bigger problem on your hands than you are willing to admit. A much bigger problem.

Again, what's that got to do with the PCO's?

It sure seems like you're just on a disjointed rant.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What do the unarmed police officers do expect a totally docile and compliant populace?

Have Britains lost their grit???

Why does...demolition man come to mind here hmmm.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

Seems like you have a need for firearms.

No, seems like you have a need for firearms.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
You may find this interesting.

thisisnthappiness.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This thread is as douchey as this other thread: Imagine if this happened in America.

Where that poster is taunting Americans about the Second Amendment now we have this gem where we taunt Brits. Nice to see there are people on either side that love to exploit a tragedy for useless political points knowing they will never change anyone's minds on the subject.

edit on 4-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Very sad thread this.

Four police officers were injured, two seriously.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Using a terrorist attack to promote your cultural obsession with The Second Amendment - pretty low in my book.

It took 8 minutes from the time the police were first informed of the attack to the three scumbags being shot - that would be a pretty good reaction time anywhere.

And for the record; I've tried to find any evidence that supports your claim but I can't - please provide credible sources for your allegation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I was wondering when someone would say something about that...

Seems not all of 'em "ran away". If they aren't trained responders, they aren't armed, what were they supposed to do. That's the question, isn't it?

It'd be very easy for me to say, from six thousand miles, or however far, away what I'd have done had I been there. Less so, when it's six inches. Been there, done that, and don't ever care to do it again. If I can get away, I'm going to.

I carry, and with my on-going training, I'm getting to the point where I'm realizing just how f'n dangerous a cops world can be, and is...and I'm only looking through a glass darkly, as they say.

Those community police officers are neighborhood watch in all but name. Let's cut 'em a little slack, shall we? Let's blame the lunatics who rammed a van into a crowd then started in with knives. Blame where it lies.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This thread is as douchey as this other thread: Imagine if this happened in America.

Where that poster is taunting Americans about the Second Amendment now we have this gem where we taunt Brits. Nice to see there are people on either side that love to exploit a tragedy for useless political points knowing they will never change anyone's minds on the subject.

Oh here we go with the virtue signalling.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Speaking as one of those pro-Second amendment folks? I agree whole-heartedly.

Time and a place for it, this ain't it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its a very sad story indeed. We are reminded that this can happen anywhere to anyone of us at anytime.

I don't carry guns around town with me ( I do carry pepper spray), but they are in my home for protection.
This one shoots 50 caliber Magnum shells

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That the best you got? You didn't even know that these were not full blown police officers when you made your childish thread.

"Neener, neener, neener Brits!!! Your cops are pussies and ran away!!!!"

"Those are not actual cops, they are more like a community watch."

"Oh. Neener, neener, neener Brits!!! Your real cops at pussies because they don't have guns!!!"

edit on 4-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not off his meds

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

they just looked like poor mock-ups to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Interesting. Does put a bit of perspective to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

There are no legit sources so the OP is 100% straw man at this point. The quotes in the US blogs aren't in the articles they cite as sources.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more.

8 minutes is a hell of a good response time. Especially if you think of the location.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That the best you got? You didn't even know that these were not full blown police officers when you made your assholish thread.

"Neener, neener, neener Brits!!! Your cops are pussies and ran away!!!!"

"Those are not actual cops, they are more like a community watch."

"Oh. Neener, neener, neener Brits!!! Your real cops at pussies because they don't have guns!!!"

This is the only childish post in this everyone else made a good point or attempted to make a good point. You are the only person in the thread name calling.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
People need to understand this is a rare case of someone being a rabid nutjob and was dealt with by the sounds of it less than 8 mins, probably in the states you could have 8 days for an officer to turn up due to the distance.

The stats of how many weapons and people is a bit strange over here, now my uncle has a 12 bore and a .308 rifle now that means he can take a lot of people so long as they stay in visual and/or audible range for a very long day killing or destroying lots of pottery or turning lots of flying stuff to the ground or bunnies into stews and theres zero paperwork more required.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join