It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Free Speech Rally – Live Updates!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Free Speech Rally in Portland right now.

Very controversial given some recent events.

Watch and comment.

The Oathkeepers are There !

Oath Keepers are on the ground to assist with security at today’s (June 4th) Free Speech Rally in Portland, OR.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are the masked people the skinheads or the counter-protester antifa types?

Kinda funny how it's getting hard to tell them apart.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

The masked people who show up to these things are usually the "anarchists". From the ones I've met, they seem to mostly be libertarian hipsters who don't really care what they are protesting, as long as they can cause some chaos.

The rest are either hard-right (the rally folk) or anti-hate (the protesters). Ironically, the most politically middle-of-the-road types that show up to Portland protests are those freakin' libertarian anarchists. Nobody likes them but they cling on to whoever is one the "resisting" side (protesters) who are normally of leftist bent thus the leftist label gets applied to them, as well.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

The masked people who show up to these things are usually the "anarchists". From the ones I've met, they seem to mostly be libertarian hipsters who don't really care what they are protesting, as long as they can cause some chaos.

The rest are either hard-right (the rally folk) or anti-hate (the protesters). Ironically, the most politically middle-of-the-road types that show up to Portland protests are those freakin' libertarian anarchists. Nobody likes them but they cling on to whoever is one the "resisting" side (protesters) who are normally of leftist bent thus the leftist label gets applied to them, as well.

So you criticize labeling antifa as left, yet call all of the rally attendees hard right? Define hard right?

What does anti hate mean btw? Does that include yelling all cops are b*******? Can you point out the anti hate people on the video as opposed to those with antifa?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Police confiscated the puppet skeleton.

How can you tolerate such tyranny.

FREE THE PUPPET SKELETON!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So you criticize labeling antifa as left, yet call all of the rally attendees hard right? Define hard right?

What does anti hate mean btw? Does that include yelling all cops are b*******? Can you point out the anti hate people on the video as opposed to those with antifa?

Stop putting words in my mouth today. I criticized nothing. I explained why there is a connection (I know some of those masked people and they aren't politically aligned with most liberals I know). I wasn't judging.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Police confiscated the puppet skeleton.

How can you tolerate such tyranny.

FREE THE PUPPET SKELETON!

My God.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Stop putting words in my mouth today. I criticized nothing. I explained why there is a connection (I know some of those masked people and they aren't politically aligned with most liberals I know). I wasn't judging.

Ok sorry my apologies then. It seemed to me you felt that antifa was incorrectly being labeled as leftists, if thats not the case I apologize.

I understand your belief that this rally was insensitive, and I can respect that.

But based on the video of the rally so far, do you find anything they are doing or saying to be particularly offensive?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I'd start a protest over tha-. . . wait, what?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I haven't watched it yet. I'm in domestic princess mode right now, chatting between chores.

The content of this particular rally isn't the offense. It's the fact they held it knowing what an influence they had on that terrorist.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
#PuppetSkeleton2020

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I haven't watched it yet. I'm in domestic princess mode right now, chatting between chores.

The content of this particular rally isn't the offense. It's the fact they held it knowing what an influence they had on that terrorist.

What hogwash. No matter when they held the rally there would be protests.

I'm so sick of worthless rally/counter-protest events. The people running both sides should just plan them together at this point. Without each other to feed on the press dries up. The press only attends because they hope these events turn violent.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Left leaning Liberal reporter who covers all these events believes the free speech side are expressing hate, but confirms Antifa start the violence. He's personally been hit by objects thrown by Antifa several times at previous events.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm so sick of worthless rally/counter-protest events. The people running both sides should just plan them together at this point. Without each other to feed on the press dries up. The press only attends because they hope these events turn violent.

Of course there would be protests. Because we don't like that sort of extremism here. The speaker said, leading up to this rally, that it's "open season on antifa". Why would any liberal-minded populace think it's a great idea to have their kind of rhetoric spewed on our public shared-space?

But this one is purposefully insensitive and intentionally aggressive. They came here to pick a fight and rub salt in wounds, knowing they could have rescheduled but didn't.

So yes, it would have been protested under normal circumstances but no, people like me who are not activists wouldn't be getting involved like they are today. People are sad, hurt, and angry. This rally is seen as nothing more than a giant middle finger to those still grieving.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Looks like a waste of a beautiful Sunday afternoon to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Funny how these permitted free speech protesters are not allowed on the sidewalks but unpermitted BLM rioters were allowed by police to roam freely on sidewalks, streets and interstates.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Of course there would be protests. Because we don't like that sort of extremism here. The speaker said, leading up to this rally, that it's "open season on antifa". Why would any liberal-minded populace think it's a great idea to have their kind of rhetoric spewed on our public shared-space?

But this one is purposefully insensitive and intentionally aggressive. They came here to pick a fight and rub salt in wounds, knowing they could have rescheduled but didn't.

So yes, it would have been protested under normal circumstances but no, people like me who are not activists wouldn't be getting involved like they are today. People are sad, hurt, and angry. This rally is seen as nothing more than a giant middle finger to those still grieving.

So antifa repeatedly is violent at conservative rallies = no big deal to you.

In response, a conservative guy says something stupid - outrage from you.

If you would have watched, you would see one of the rally holders from the last rally said he reported that Christian guy to authorities and kicked him out of the rally last time.

So to you, how long must a free speech rally be held off until it would be acceptable?

And again, its telling that you have never once made a thread about BLM stopping after cops have been killed, or anti trump protests after a handicap boy was tortured.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is another feed.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why is a free speech rally met with chants of "no hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here?"

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm more concerned about the puppet skeleton than anything else.

Is it okay?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join