It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if this happened in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

1. People aren't doing fine in other parts of the world.

2. DIY tools have no match against advanced technology.

3. Nukes and biological weapons have happened before, so to say it's not likely when it's happened makes no sense. Saying Santa Clause will help us makes no sense because that has never happened due to Santa Clause does not and has never existed. Nuclear and biological weapons do exist and have been used before.

4. When you take your bike off road you are still on a road or path...old logging roads and things like that in the wilderness will definitely be blocked off. You will have to make your own path, and good luck on finding a new one that is uncharted but somehow safe and accessible.

5. There have already been numerous times in recent years of rioters challenging the police and the police always win. You really think if we tried harder we would win and they would back down? Or do you think if we tried harder they would out do us?

If the state or federal government broke constitutional law and protests, grew into riots, which grew into a civil war...the already armed police force would just become more armed...To get to that point, the government already broke constitutional law so the government having good morals is out the window. If we really tried to go to war they would eradicate those who rebelled instantly since they are a threat to their empire. We would either die fighting or give up and surrender.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

All the mass killings in America happened in a gun-free zone.

Not here to debate or anything, just making an observation.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

You can bring a gun into a gun free zone all you want till you get caught, guns are legal in the US. What percentage of land with large masses of people are gun-free zones compared to percentages of land with large masses of people that are gun zones?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I dunno. I stepped back and thought about it from the perspective of how it looks to use a vehicle and not guns.

We all know guns are dangerous. People can wield guns to kill others. If you see a gun openly, you get alarmed if it's not a police officer, security, military, etc.

But these people are using cars. Cars are ubiquitous to pretty much any civilization except for the poorest of the third world countries. You don't automatically start feeling scared if you see a car. You probably have a car. Your significant other, friends, family, neighbors... cars all around. Delivery trucks, taxis, emergency vehicles. It's just a part of life we see every day.

Now, cars are being used as horrific weapons. Any car you see out there has the potential to be one that might plow into the marketplace during the busiest part of the shopping day. Maybe it's rigged to also explode. You've just turned something commonplace into an effective means of killing large groups of people. Slowly but surely, more people will grow wary and suspicious of strange cars. Cars out of place. The fear starts spreading because one can never know where the next attack might come from.

From the perspective of a terrorist, it's a scarily effective way of keeping society in constant fear and worry. And it's working.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I suppose doing well is in the eye of the beholder.

Checked out Afghanistan lately? That insurgency is still on-going...how many years now?

The Philippines, there's been an active insurgency of some sort there for going on a century. Central America, south America, all have insurrections on going as I type this. Africa. Etc...

Technology is a wonderful thing. I quite enjoy it. However, tech can be spoofed in any number of ways. I, personally, may not know enough to do so, but others do. So I avoid tech in an environment of insurrection. No phone. No text. No e-mail. Pencil and paper. Courier pigeons, for cryin' out loud, might even work.

Nope, while they'd indeed have advantages, they are not in anyway invincible. To think otherwise is laughable.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

LOL at the thought that our 2nd Amendment right would cause this type of atrocity to be worse if it happened in the states. You do realize that ANY criminal can get guns in ANY country regardless of laws? They use whatever tools they can to commit their atrocities.

So much contradictions in your thought process.

You do realize that ANY criminal can get guns in ANY country regardless of laws?

...and then you finish off with this statement:

They use whatever tools they can to commit their atrocities.

Let it marinate.

Sandy Hook, Orlando club, Columbine, and many more mass shootings in the States had higher number of fatalities due to guns being used.

You have NO clue what you are talking about.

Jesus Christ, some of the people on this site are unbelievably .....!

That goes for the ones who starred you as well.

Off to the pub to watch the game.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

All the mass killings in America happened in a gun-free zone.

A lie spread by the NRA and gun advocates.

The Latest Research on Rampage Shootings Shows Gunmen Rarely Target Gun-Free Zones

“Successful civilian uses of guns to stop a mass shooting were incredibly rare and about as common as armed civilians being shot while attempting to respond to mass shooting incidents,” the report reads.

Mass Shootings in the United States: 2009-2016

Only ten percent of incidents took place in “gun-free zones”, or areas where civilians are prohibited from carrying firearms and there is not a regular armed law enforcement presence (armed security guards, for example). The vast majority of incidents—63 percent—took place entirely in private homes.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Guns sure helped the cops in Dallas live, eh? Up against 1 guy, and 5 armed cops died. IMO, dude's military background doesn't explain away enough, by American standards guns should have saved 5 officers.

The point is no one knows what/who they're up against, and if cops can't win in an armed & crazy-ass perp sitch with their own firearms, what the f# makes people think any random, mediocre everyday Joe is going to be the be all, end all hero on a whim?
edit on 6/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I suppose doing well is in the eye of the beholder.

Checked out Afghanistan lately? That insurgency is still on-going...how many years now?

The Philippines, there's been an active insurgency of some sort there for going on a century. Central America, south America, all have insurrections on going as I type this. Africa. Etc...

Technology is a wonderful thing. I quite enjoy it. However, tech can be spoofed in any number of ways. I, personally, may not know enough to do so, but others do. So I avoid tech in an environment of insurrection. No phone. No text. No e-mail. Pencil and paper. Courier pigeons, for cryin' out loud, might even work.

Nope, while they'd indeed have advantages, they are not in anyway invincible. To think otherwise is laughable.

Everything in bold just confirms you are talking to yourself...you think doing well is living in an insurgent state while you are literally in front of a smart phone, windows PC, iPad, or mac book pro right now? While there is a refugee crisis going on right now and the people who stay are killed by IS or are casualties of war? Tech can be spoofed in any number of ways but you don't know? You won't even consider another opinion because it's laughable? But at the same time won't google and share links of people who have figured out how to DIY spoof technology?

Now in italics, can you share your experience of being in an environment of insurrection where you did not use technology and why that worked so well for you?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Guns sure helped the cops in Dallas live, eh? Up against 1 guy, and 5 armed cops died. IMO, dude's military background doesn't explain away enough, by American standards guns should have saved 5 officers.

The point is no one knows what/who they're up against, and if cops can't win in an armed & crazy-ass perp sitch with their own firearms, what the f# makes people think any random, mediocre everyday Joe is going to be the be all, end all hero on a whim?

I wonder what excuse they have for this. Forgive me if I am incorrect but isn't Dallas filled with gun owners? Where were they during this?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

en.wikipedia.org...

86 people where killed with a truck, not a gun but a 19 tonne truck. So yes they do in fact use whatever tools they can to commit their atrocities as the other poster put it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nice stats there, could you separate the percentages of which private homes allowed guns, and which ones had guns? Even politifact doesn't agree with your conclusion.

We found that advocates for more gun control analyzed the data and reached different conclusions. Our assessment is that it is difficult to draw broad conclusions about the motivations of the perpetrators of mass shootings or whether they are influenced by gun restrictions.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TREESNAKE1111
Serious question . Are UK citizens permitted to carry any weapon for self defence ? Pepper spray , knife , club ?

Generally speaking no. A knife bigger than... 3 inches? Is illegal to carry. Unless you have a good reason for having one. Basically you can carry a pocket knife but anything bigger could get you in trouble if the police happened to stop you.

I think that's the law anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

What are you calling a mass shooting? Are you being selective in what is a mass shooting?

Do most mass shootings happen in gun-free zones?

draw broad conclusions about the motivations of the perpetrators of mass shootings or whether they are influenced by gun restrictions

Meaning that shooters are not deciding on going on a spree by where guns are allowed.

In reality, there are places where concealed weapons are permitted, places where police or security officers openly carry weapons, and places where concealed weapons are not permitted. Additionally, there are different ways to define mass shootings.

Mass shootings can happen anywhere and by stating that they mostly happen in "gun free" zones is a lie.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You're more likely to accidentally kill or commit suicide with a gun then protect your home with it.

Tell that to the people in our area who are protecting themselves from methheads! I speak from experience. Nobody was shot, nobody was killed---but even a methhead can recognize that a shotgun means trouble for him---even if the gun is never actually pointed at him.
You may live in a rainbows and unicorns world but some of us face methheads and rattlesnakes and a gun is the most efficient way to protect ourselves from those dangers. I'm truly happy that you feel no need of a gun. Must be a nice life but I promise you there are people protecting you who do have guns.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Where do you live? This has been happening over and over and over for years and years here in the U.S. The criminals ALWAYS have guns. Always...that why we do too....

Im figuring you must be completely clueless...and not up at all over even the last 20+ years let alone the last 20 months. You dont read? Watch news? Nothing?

Respectfully? By the way...many of those stabbed last night wouldnt have been if the British citizens...at least a few....were legally carrying firearms.

But NO. Stabbing went unabated for EIGHT minutes waiting for police...and DYING. Could all have been over in 2-3......maybe now the Brits will "get it" as to why we carry...LEGALLY.

Best
edit on 4-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

" unless they were also well trained! "

Of Course , Legally Trained Responsible Gun Owners .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It only takes one lucky shot so odds are someone was going to kill the man. Apparently those officers came up on a man who was well versed and trained. Someone who had killed before in the military perhaps and didnt have no compunction to hesitate. You dont say freeze. thats what amateur does. You see the gun you shoot before they even level it.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Where do you live? This has been happening over and over and over for years and years here in the U.S. The criminals ALWAYS have guns. Always...that why we do too....

Im figuring you must be completely clueless...and not up at all over even the last 20+ years let alone the last 20 months. You dont read? Watch news? Nothing?

Respectfully? By the way...many of those stabbed last night wouldnt have been if the British citizens...at least a few....were legally carrying firearms.

But NO. Stabbing went unabated for EIGHT minutes waiting for police...and DYING. Could all have been over in 2-3......maybe now the Brits will "get it" as to why we carry...LEGALLY.

Best

And if guns had been commonplace then odds are the terrorists would have had them and killed many more.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It is against human nature to want to die and even more so to want to kill another person. We are taught human life is precious and are trained to protect and preserve it.

Even the best trained police will be at a disadvantage when confronting an ideology that views death, and taking as many people as possible with them, as a norm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join