It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if this happened in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
London attack: Seven killed in vehicle and stabbing incidents

A tragedy, there is no argument about that. Thanks to gun restrictions in these other countries it wasn't worse. Imagine this attack happening in America where anyone can get guns, the death toll would be much higher.

Trump made a comment about it and I think the response is perfect.

UK professor rips Trump’s mindless response to terror attacks: ‘Were you genetically engineered to be stupid?’

Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2017

Which is why they didn't kill many more people. Were you genetically engineered to be this stupid? It's the only explanation. t.co...

— Steve Peers (@StevePeers) June 4, 2017

How many times in America has one single person killed more people in less time it has taken the above terrorist act.

This is just an observation, not here to change minds or debate

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

LOL at the thought that our 2nd Amendment right would cause this type of atrocity to be worse if it happened in the states. You do realize that ANY criminal can get guns in ANY country regardless of laws? They use whatever tools they can to commit their atrocities.

You have NO clue what you are talking about.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thetruth2017
This is just an observation, not here to change minds or debate.

You don't want to debate? Odd comment to make when posting your controversy-inducing stance on a discussion forum.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just let me add one more thought...

Remember all the guns used on 9/11?
How about all the guns used in the Boston Bombing?
Or wait...I know! All the guns used in the First World Trade Center Bombing?

Oh yeah! That's right!

There were none.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I get it, I really do... the invention of the bullet changed the course of history as to how conflicts are handled.

We can't live in a world though, where we envision that a few laws on guns are going to magically make them disappear from the face of the Earth. I want access to a firearm if there's a chance one can be used on myself. I am not offering the inescapable outcomes that a larger number of people die at the hands of firearms as a sufficient enough reason to not have the free will and desires to protect myself with a firearm as I so wish.

We are in times of cultural divide that far outweigh the measures at which they are protected. Never in history have we seen such polar view points spoken by such influencing policy makers in public forum.

Long live the Red/Blue Coup!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I find it surprising the terrorist attacks in the UK have not involved any firearms.

You look at the French attacks at both Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan and the terrorists had AK47's

Yet in the UK we're yet to have an attack with guns despite both France & UK having quite similar laws on gun ownership.

I don't know the reason for this, maybe because we're an Island so it's harder to get weapons into the country but it sure seems strange that literally a few hundred miles away the same types of terrorists are going round with Automatic Rifles

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How is a car plowing through people and injuring dozens and killing 7 others any less effective???

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Imagine if this happened in America

The problem is, it seems that even the terrorists don´t care about attacks in the former US of A anymore, because that "empire" is finishing itself.

Or do maybe all of the "muslim terror attacks" happen in Europe, because the real perpetrators don´t want to shed blood on own soil? Like they don´t want to be made responsible for their doings worldwide, like through refugee streams they knew they would hit Europe, if destroying and destabilizing the ME?

It´s about time that terrorism(depending on who attacks and who is attacked, some call it struggle for freedom) hits the guilty ones again, the guitly nations(their rulers, governments) and then the guilty individuals in that nations, and not the average citizens, like nowadays!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Gun attacks usually last a few minutes, while truck attacks last literally 2-3 seconds, with just as many deaths in some cases. Usually more injuries too. These "terrorists" can get guns if they wanted. Their leaders encouraged them to use knives and not guns. Guns are humane, knives and edged weapons are more horrific.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
How is a car plowing through people and injuring dozens and killing 7 others any less effective???

Because it is very, very important to some people how others are killed by terrorists when they are trying to score political points.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Did anyone notice it required guns to stop the terrorists... It must be a good thing knowing Parliament and the Royal family are protected by armed officers but not the people.

just an observation...
edit on 4-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Not here to change minds or debate? Typical. You stated your opinion and then shut down anyone else by not being willing to debate. If you are confident in your opinion, you would be willing to debate.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: toysforadults

Because it is very, very important to some people how others are killed by terrorists when they are trying to score political points.

I get it now.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wow... Islamofascists carry out yet ANOTHER mass sacrifice in Europe and you'd rather use it as an excuse to attack America's Second Amendment than use it as a logical starting point to discuss the real issue we're all seeing here? If only there was some connecting thread to all of these attacks which we could snip and likely end this foolishness once and for all...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, y'know, never let a good atrocity go to waste. Isn't that how it works?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think ISIS uses a lot of propaganda and psychological warfare in their attacks...They are trying to create fear and violence...

"Should we ban cars and knives now?"

"Guns would have stopped this problem."

"If they used guns there would be more deaths."

"Any criminal can get guns."

What are we talking about? The whole discussion is pathetic....we really can't agree how we should stop terrorists? The whole thing seems like Shakespearian play...the news and media are making billions off of this play...both in the forms of tragedies and parodies. The news is a tragedy emphasizing fear...entertainment makes a parody out of it...both are making us stupid with this theatrical smoke screen.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Well, y'know, never let a good atrocity go to waste. Isn't that how it works?

For the terminally un-empathetic , apparently.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I had missed that but you're right, it is odd and particularly considering there's a free flow of firearms for sale through the IRA, the Palestinians, the Romanians.

Maybe the UK terrorist cells don't have any money?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I have no idea, I know there's guns out there on the black market because there was 3 separate shootings in Liverpool alone last week.

Maybe the criminals are just being selective on who they sell the guns to because they don't want intelligence agencies sniffing anywhere near them ?

Does seem bizarre though that not a single UK attack has involved a gun

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Serious question . Are UK citizens permitted to carry any weapon for self defence ? Pepper spray , knife , club ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join