It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One love, Manchester live

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: earthling42

Meanwhile in the news nobody is raising any money for the 80+ victims of a bomb in Afghan this week.

Surprise surprise, grainofsand is here to $### on another thread that talks about helping.

Start a thread on those 80 people.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I don't think it is petty, it is a valid point, but I respect your right to disagree.
No celebrity concert for brown people.
#ing shame.
edit on 4.6.2017 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No, I'm happy replying here thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How much $$ have the elite celebrities performing contributed?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Publicity or not it is grand of these artists to go ahead with the concert in the current climate, building solidarity and morale.

Given a free holiday and spending money, i'm nts I would leave the colonies to visit London atm, too unnerving. My heart goes out to all the Pom's atm, it is so scary. When will it end....................

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Surprise surprise, grainofsand is here to $### on another thread that talks about helping.

You have got me curious though, which other threads have I # on that were talking about helping?
Care to quote me?
Oh, and bypassing the filter is against the T's & C's. Post # if that is the descriptive word you wish to use.

*Edit*
Or carry on whining and bleating like a lost lamb on the hillside because I don't see things the same as you.
I'm easy, you frequently amuse me.

edit on 4.6.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

It's a good show.

The crowd are buzzing and will remember this show more than the bombing or the asshole that did it. I see it as a great reflection of human spirit in the face of conflict.

ETA - Jeez, it's like curmudgeon central in this thread lol. All we're missing is someone saying, "Call this music? It was proper music in my day."

edit on 6.4.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

They've contributed their love and their open borders policy.

What more do you want?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Watched about 5mins.

Made me a little tearful and couldn't continue.

Just an aside, the celebrities that are there are the creme de la creme of the music world right now...

They don't need publicity.
edit on 4-6-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I got pretty emotional at the beginning when they were all singing along to 'Manchester we're strong, this is our song"

The energy there is undeniable, don't know why people here are trying to find something negative to say.

My boy Bieber just killed it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Remember times when England's pride was Cock Sparrer...

Why aren't they performing? Now, they would bring back the old England spirit that Englishmen need

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You're misunderstanding people.

We love seeing innocent kids, young adults, adults, elderly acting this way. The only problem we have is with those ruling over us, those who are meant to protect us, who are not doing their job, and we know it's just a matter of time before another terrorist attack, and another twitter hashtag pray for (insert city name)...

edit on 719k2017Sundaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

No I totally get it. I'm just saying it isn't necessary at this moment in this thread. Pretty sure we are all aware of the things being said in this thread.

Just enjoy the concert and the energy.

It's like we're not allowed to put our differences aside for a second and just enjoy some positivity.

There is enough negativity on ATS.

edit on 4-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I haven't a clue who half these musicians are, me being an oldster But the crowd seem to be enjoying themselves. Good thing too, their city has endured much these last few days.

A very white crowd, though, I have to say. Surprising considering that excess tickets were put on general sale. I wonder why the local Muslim community hasn't turned out.

Anyway. Coldplay are on. I recognise them, just lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

erm Muslims don't generally do concerts etc dancing singing etc is haram remember?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

and another twitter hashtag pray for (insert city name)...

#prayforkabul isn't so popular on twitter, no concerts or celebrity tears either, brown people though so not surprising to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Loved every minute of it so far.

It has brought people together in defiance of terrorism .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Those poor people in Manchster, first they experience a terror attack and now they have to listen to Biber and all those industry puppets.
Could it be worse?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And what's worse, they seem to be enjoying themselves...they must be traumatized

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks so much for this link!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join