It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video processing help needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi all,

I guess there is a limit on which forums you can post in as a new member?

I have a video that I would like to process and wondered if anyone had any advice on which (preferably free) software I could use to enhance it and what type of filters I should be looking to apply.

Some background on the incident:

I saw a large silvery object hovering in the distance about 4 or 5 KM away, probably about 100 metres or so off the ground between what appeared to be power lines (all guesstimates). At first I thought it was some sort of airship and ignored it but thought I would video it anyway using my phone. Anyway, when reviewing the video the object wasn't there! I am 100% sure it was there and would like to filter it for analysis.

I left the footage untouched and it was only today that it crossed my mind so I thought I would do a search for airships being used in the area. This turned up nothing so my curiosity is starting to grow. I am quite a rational person (I like to think) so I am looking for closure as much as disclosure!

Where else to turn apart from ATS! A site that has entertained me for many years as a lurker. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Samba

As far as free video editors go in not sure. Maybe Google Play has one.

Otherwise, I could do it personally if you want...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

you wont reveal anything new on the image that already isnt there, you,ll have to remember that filtering out noise, zoom and shrinkage changing colour and edge antialising etc may imporve the iq but will also add artifacts to the image.
gimp is a good to start with for example with the right plugins.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To me avisynth is the best / and free (as far as filtering options, quality even better than softwraes that cost lots of $$) have a look on the official forum here: forum.doom9.org...

the second best and free would be virtualdub maybe more accessible for you because it has a gui (user interface) unlike avisynth which work with script ( codes)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

This is the INTRODUCTION only FORUM...the place to tell us about yourself, likes dislikes...then....not limits...but you need so many replies(posts) to start a thread. Info on video uploads in Freshman and Board Forums...Computers etc...

You can search too on how-to's, what you can and cant post, pic limits, videos etc....banned topics, hoax sites frowned on quotes from...everything if you look...

Welcome and good luck!

MS

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Davinci resolve is free software for PC. Pretty good. Check it out here

new topics

top topics

join