It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give up your rights to fight terror!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Link to source
Theresa May seems to think that terror attacks would be cured by allowing the internet to be regulated and only let you see what we approved.

"We cannot allow this ideology the safe space it needs to breed - yet that is precisely what the internet, and the big companies that provide internet-based services provide,” Ms May said. “We need to work with allies democratic governments to reach international agreements to regulate cyberspace to prevent the spread of extremist and terrorism planning. The call was one plank in Ms May's speech following the attack. The Prime Minister also said Britian was too tolerant of extremism and that "pluralistic" British values had to be established as superior.

So it seems that by allowing "them" to filter what you are allowed to see, terrorism will be thwarted.

Terrorism wins if this takes place. Don't be that guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The way to end terrorism is to stop dropping so many bombs in the ME. The bombs are creating more radical terrorists everyday. Anyone can kill anyone as long as the person is willing to die.

Time to stop dropping bombs in the ME.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So you want ISIS to be free to radicalize people on the internet?

Ooooookay.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If a person could be radicalized by the Internet then they would be radicalized by 10 other things that have nothing to do with the internet.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think that monitoring them and catching them BEFORE they do stupid # would be a good idea.
But way to go full retard there sparky!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I interpreted her comments as closing down websites encouraging terrorist attacks by Islamic militants.
I have no problem with that, but if you prefer free speech with handy bomb making instructions and encouragement to kill non believers fair enough.
I don't.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sorry, its beyond that now. Our best bet to is oppose and fight it at all cost.

France and Germany rolled over, but I have faith in my UK brothers.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes but the point is curtailing internet freedoms for everybody will not stop Islamic terrorists using the internet.

They're already using VPNs and encryption software. They'll just keep using it.

All May is proposing is yet more Big Brother watching the rest of us.

Her policy simply won't work. And she should be smart enough to know that.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Link to source
Theresa May seems to think that terror attacks would be cured by allowing the internet to be regulated and only let you see what we approved.

"We cannot allow this ideology the safe space it needs to breed - yet that is precisely what the internet, and the big companies that provide internet-based services provide,” Ms May said. “We need to work with allies democratic governments to reach international agreements to regulate cyberspace to prevent the spread of extremist and terrorism planning. The call was one plank in Ms May's speech following the attack. The Prime Minister also said Britian was too tolerant of extremism and that "pluralistic" British values had to be established as superior.

So it seems that by allowing "them" to filter what you are allowed to see, terrorism will be thwarted.

Terrorism wins if this takes place. Don't be that guy.

Terrorism was here long before the internet, Absurd stance to take every ones freedom due to the Daesh situation, The IRA where well coordinated to carry out their attacks, where they on line during the 80s????....

There are a million and one ways for terrorist groups to communicate, I would think keeping them on line esp if they are sloppy would be far better than having to have the man power and resources needed to infiltrate such organisations. I guess we need to ban print as from what I hear the main fundamental teaching is from a book, and NOT Facebook!!!!!!....

Deal with the real problem!!!!!!......

RA

edit on 4-6-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Regulating the internet will not do anything considering the jihadist sites are on the dark web. There is a valid point though to addressing the internet aspect versus immigration considering that nearly every single terror attack has been committed by a citizen or national, not an immigrant and that the recruitment has happened online, not in a Mosque or within Muslim communities. Do we not have cyber experts in the West? Patrol the dark web, attack the recruitment sites.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Public executions of terrorists and those known to support/shelter terrorists will inhibit terrorism.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This video is trending, you should watch it - it tells a story of what should happen and what's gonna happen if it doesn't.

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I agree with your comments, I have been stating for a long time that the big Social Media sites should be censored, Free speech can still be practised by......talking to people, I want something specific to the internet NOT freedom of speech

Imagine if websites actually were high street shops would they be allowed to have adverts in the window with some of the more "out there" stuff they host over the internet?

edit on 4-6-2017 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Public executions of terrorists and those known to support/shelter terrorists will inhibit terrorism.

No it won't.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

You can't compare the threat fro the Irish to the threat from Islam. 3 million Irish to draw terrorists from against 1,700 million Islamics to draw terrorists from. The threat is a bit more serious.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No it won't.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

link   
What they need to do is to deal with the Dark and Deep web. Plus, no s# that the UK was too tolerant of radical muslims, when you have nut jobs like the Mayor of London saying stupid s# like this:

Get rid of incompetent people leading this country is a first step

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The problem with thinking that by getting out of the middle east everything will be A-Ok is not true. Radicallize Muslims will not stop because you will, they are brain washed to think that they have to convert the world to their way of life. They will not just stop unless the Western Culture is transformed or those who resists them are dead.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If a person could be radicalized by the Internet then they would be radicalized by 10 other things that have nothing to do with the internet.

The internet (or dark web) is the quickest, cheapest, easiest way to radicalize.

link   

So, instead of fighting the roots of terror she proposes to fight it's tool of recruitment, which happens to be our last bastion of free speech as well? Surprise!

Spoken like the true, non-voted neo# she is. Colour me orwellianated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join