It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Tree Ribeye Steaks, my experience recipe included

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I find myself craving a Hungry Man salisbury steak every now and then.
I have friends that raise cattle. Premium grade beef is easy to access.
I think they may mix a little crack with the gravy.
I'm not proud, but I'm not ashamed.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'll stick to my grass fed organic locally grown meat. A little salt and pepper and a tad of garlic salt and it tastes great.

The commercial beef and burger I buy from the store sometimes just have no taste. I guess I have gotten used to naturally aged meat that eats what cows regularly eat. If they eat grass and hay for the most part, they taste better, it does not have to be certified grass fed, but the cows need to eat mostly grass to taste right.

I tend to eat about three times as much commercial beef as I eat grassfed, I crave the taste of some chemistry and when I get enough I stop. One quarter pound burger of grass fed beef satisfies me, it takes two quarterpounders of store bought meat. I foolishly was under the impression I was eating more because I liked it better, boy was I a fool, the grass fed stuff we get blows away the store meat for taste. The same thing happens with a real chicken, I eat way less of a real chicken. The Gerber chickens qualify as real chickens. Some of the major brands have no taste. I eat double the chicken when eating those and complain about how tasteless they are.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TinySickTears
agustus you left out the rest

I left it out intentionally because I was worried about getting a T&C violation for posting things that are 'graphic in nature'.

I think I may report your post, it nauseates me.

nice

seriously though

why would a person buy a steak from dollar tree? i dont get it

For many reasons. Its already frozen and dry sealed. Price for edible meat is about lowest you can find aside killing it yourself or buying it is super bulk and or freezing and dry sealing it yourself. I have not tried it but have passed by it many times. I am a quality steak guy and prefer a Filet or thick chuck eye. Survival or a bug out fridge is a decent idea. Someone could stock a bunker at dollar tree cheaper than most anywhere. Just not high quality products. Great for one use or limited use items. Also cheapest place to get frozen fruit and vegetables. Again lower quality but again a great survival or bug out store.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What do you recommend as an aperitif before trying such a cut a meat you know so I get the Suttle and delicate flavors.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Pruno. Nothing better than hooch we learned how to make in the can.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We've never tried their frozen meat cuts. We're tried their frozen burger patties, though.

They're so awful they should be illegal.

Aside from crumbling apart on the grill and in the frying pan (wtf, really?) the frozen burger patties are absolutely horrible in taste no matter how you dress them up. If you ever wondered what feces tastes like, I'm assuming this is the closest edible approximation out there.

Those frozen chili dogs they carry are the best, though. Seriously good frozen heart attacks. Not good for you at all, but delicious enough to not GAF.

To be fair, Dollar Tree is about the best place we've found to get decent dried beans & rice dirt cheap. They don't look, smell or taste any different from other brands.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Because they want steak and don't have money?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow, dollar tree steakums. What a bargain. Hell yeah! And I thought buying meat from gas stations was bad. Does the steak come with instructions on how to shove your fingers down your throat after it has graced your pallet so you won't die of botulism?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Notably0ffbeat

I just saw the chicken steakum's for the first time recently. Those scare me more than the ribeye did.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
I've tried a few food items from dollar tree. The one I was most shocked by was the ribeye steak. I used them for steak & cheese subs. Compared to other similar products, they are great value $1 vs. $5-7 for Steak'ums in my area. The taste is good again very close to Steak'ums. Overall I was very pleased with my experience and would recommend.

2 Dollar Tree ribeye steaks
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
1/4 cup Onion chopped (I prefer red onions)
1/4 cup Green Pepper chopped
2 oz. Mushrooms sliced or chopped
1/8 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 6-8 inch Sub bun

Preheat your oven to 350 fahrenheit/175 Celsius. Place steaks in large pan on Med-Low heat add water, onions, green peppers, salt, pepper and cover. Check frequently turn steaks over once top starts to brown. Remove pan from heat. Coarsely chop steaks. Place steak on bottom half of sub bun add cheese and bake in oven until cheese begins to brown.

Your Dollar Tree has ribeye steaks! WHAT! I have never seen meat at any of the Dollar Tree's in my area. You are lucky. I would be all over that. I love the Dollar Tree! It's great when you have no money! I buy my egg pasta there! I need yolk free egg pasta and it's too expensive in the grocery store but at the Dollar Tree it's a dollar! Even parmesan grated cheese is a steal there vs the grocery store. I make a lot of foods from there. I am broke as a joke right now and the Dollar Tree helps a lot and the fact I can cook anything helps too.

I am gonna have to look for some Dollar Tree ribeyes and try this. I've been craving steaks lately.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638
I bought some of those the other day. I cooked them and cut them into pieces. I added it to noodles and put beef gravy and cream of mushroom soup into it. The results were outstanding.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Notably0ffbeat

I love going to Arkansas and picking up the pink paste tubs. We'll take 40,000+ pounds of that crap and send it down to Mexico where they turn it into dog food. Stuff is vile.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join