It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest threat to humanity in 2017?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The wiki article details the differences between that war and Vietnam..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, I was also talking about Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
The greatest trick done to the British people was to deny them gun rights which in the American Constitution are there to stop a totalitarian Government from taking power essentially........

Oh God. No. Please keep the American obsession with guns out of this. The UK is not totalitarian, nor on that road. Please, keep guns out of this.

(post by 3danimator2014 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
But no one came out defending Nazism, or "moderate Nazis" during the Blitz.

That is a very important point you made and one that the politically correct need to understand.

When people talk about 'moderate' muslims, that implies 'restraint' from what they would otherwise normally do, or that what they follow *isn't* moderate and is in fact, very malevolent, but they choose to act less than prescribed.

I do not believe Islam is a religion of peace, not at all. Especially when it's the 'last and final' religion -- that in of itself implies violence, as, how could you have anything other than it?

If the 'moderate' muslims in this country want to be part of the British culture, then they need to actually start working to :
- teach youngsters about the dangers of their religion
- report suspected or hard line muslims to their local authorities.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
if the average law abiding citizen had a gun at his hip then it would have been over before the Police even showed up.

Bullsh*t. Utter bullsh*t. You're talking about someone from the films or in an completely IDEAL situation. Not a panicked, chaotic mess of few attackers amongst hundreds of innocent people.

I've lived in Canada and grew up all handguns, had a firearms license, etc. When I did my training, which I was even fortunate enough to do some with RCMP firearms friends in Ottawa, they taught me about the 21 foot rule.

Gun vs Knife close quaters

In a crowded, panicked situation, your average citizen will NOT be able to take out the attacker without injuring others.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

There is a clear and present danger

what can WE THE PEOPLE do about it?

Great thread

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have just received these exclusive images from CNN headquarters during lasts nights coverage of the London attack from an anonymous source.
Independent experts have confirmed for me these are NOT photo-shopped, I repeat not Photoshop.

Not from CNN, that's a comedian, from a comedy show, totally completely unrelated.

No one is celebrating these attacks, except for the true terrorists (ISIS, etc)

I did hear on the news this morning that immigration practices in the UK are going to be examined, and quite possibly changed.
I really hope nothing happens at the benefit concert, which I heard is tonight (or next Sunday?)
Stay strong, stay safe.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

[In a crowded, panicked situation, your average citizen will NOT be able to take out the attacker without injuring others].

Well then, i guess the attacker just gets easy pickins then. If no one challenges the attacker.
I dont understand your argument. So... just everyone just get shot or stabbed and do nothing at all???

Everyone should load up on as many guns as possible. While you still can.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You're right.

It's why the west is losing this war.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

There is a clear and present danger

what can WE THE PEOPLE do about it?

Great thread

The reality is that the steps necessary to curtail the terror cannot be taken without increases in spending on policing/security/military and the curtailing of some of the rights we have come to take for granted.

An increase in funding could be brought about by dismissing the services of corrupt government contractors, many of whom have members of the Commons and Lords on their boards (you know who you are and so do all of us), that shamelessly profit by blatantly ripping off the tax payer for massively overpriced, and inefficient services.

Further resources could be made available by the government spending being withdrawn from fringe and special interest money sink projects and channeled back into core public services.

The massive net tax losses to fraudulent benefit claims would be reduced as a result of the increased funding into frontline government services.

As to the necessary curtailment of certain rights:

End the automatic right to apply for asylum for those that arrive in the UK by illegal means.
Interment in specifically designed institutions and/or deportations for illegal immigrants
that commit serious crime.
Stiffer and lengthier punishments for terrorists and those that aid and abet them.

The powers in law that are required to tackle what we are currently facing already exist. It is the funding to fully implement them that is being misdirected.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

[In a crowded, panicked situation, your average citizen will NOT be able to take out the attacker without injuring others].

Well then, i guess the attacker just gets easy pickins then. If no one challenges the attacker.
I dont understand your argument. So... just everyone just get shot or stabbed and do nothing at all???

Dont forget to have your witty one liners at the ready to. A good time to say them is just before it after you heroically kill the bad men.

On a side, but related point...why do the police and army spend SO much in training their officers and soldiers to use guns??? Its so easy to know who to kill and how to aim properly in a panicky situation.

edit:
Yes kids...I'm being SARCASTIC
edit on 4-6-2017 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Dont forget to have your witty one liners at the ready to. A good time to say them is just before it after you heroically kill the bad men.

On a side, but related point...why do the police and army spend SO much in training their officers and soldiers to use guns??? Its so easy to know who to kill and how to aim properly in a panicky situation.

That has to be one of the most ill informed and asinine questions I have ever seen or heard being asked anywhere in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Average people shoot people every single day. Its not rocket science.

Just meant that anti-gun folk like yourself seem to think that when an attack is occuring the best thing to do is nothing at all. And in a large crowd im sure some people would be properly trained with firearms. Its not like every citizen thats not police trained just close their eyes and blindly fire in random circles hoping to get lucky.

IF someone is able to challenge the attacker they should. IF not, then i guess just turtle up and wait for your turn to get blasted

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Average people shoot people every single day. Its not rocket science.

Just meant that anti-gun folk like yourself seem to think that when an attack is occuring the best thing to do is nothing at all. And in a large crowd im sure some people would be properly trained with firearms. Its not like every citizen thats not police trained just close their eyes and blindly fire in random circles hoping to get lucky.

IF someone is able to challenge the attacker they should. IF not, then i guess just turtle up and wait for your turn to get blasted

Really? People shoot each other every day? Well maybe In your insane country. Not in mine. Peddle your crazy gun views elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

That has to be one of the most ill informed and asinine questions I have ever seen or heard being asked anywhere in my lifetime.

I take it sarcasm recognition isn't your strong point eh? I thought I made it extremely clear what I write was sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I take it sarcasm recognition isn't your strong point eh? I thought I made it extremely clear what I write was sarcastic.

Oh I see, right. Was your other post in the the thread sarcastic as well? You know the one with all the FUs in it?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The US has to stop mass producing radical terrorists. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. The US dropped 28,000 bombs in 2016. This year, 2017, will be another new record for the most bombs the US has ever dropped in one year.

They don't hates because we have too much sex on TV. They hates because we are bombing the effin Shiite out of them. Here's how the next worst terrorist in the world is create.

"More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq"

Nearly 50 bodies could be seen Friday in the area of the alleged airstrike, where relatives helped recover remains.

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

And a terrorist is born:

And a terrorist is born! You want to stop terrorism? Then stop bombing the effin Shiite out of Arabs. Every bomb we drop is creating more radicals in the ME.

These terrorist refuges are traveling to Europe. What your pregnant wife is bombed to death just imagine what the distraught husband is willing to do?

I think before the world "cracks down" perceived terrorist we to learn more about why these "radicals" making the attacks. Where did they come from? What is their life history? I'm not saying do not convict people who are doing crimes. What I am saying is we need to STOP THE CREATION OF RADICAL TERRORISTS! Anyone can kill anyone else if you are willing to die in the process.

edit on 4-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Oh I see, right. Was your other post in the the thread sarcastic as well? You know the one with all the FUs in it?

Nope. I'm just talking about the question of why cops train so much. I was making a point by using sarcasm.

Try to keep up dear.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The US has to stop mass producing radical terrorists. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. The US dropped 28,000 bombs in 2016. This year, 2017, will be another new record for the most bombs the US has ever dropped in one year.

They don't hates because we have too much sex on TV. They hates because we are bombing the effin Shiite out of them. Here's how the next worst terrorist in the world is create.

"More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq"

Nearly 50 bodies could be seen Friday in the area of the alleged airstrike, where relatives helped recover remains.

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

And a terrorist is born:

And a terrorist is born! You want to stop terrorism? Then stop bombing the effin Shiite out of Arabs. Every bomb we drop is creating more radicals in the ME.

These terrorist refuges are traveling to Europe. What your pregnant wife is bombed to death just imagine what the distraught husband is willing to do?

I think before the world "cracks down" perceived terrorist we to learn more about these "radicals" making the attacks. Where did they come from? What is their life history? I'm not saying do not convict people who are doing crimes. What I am saying is we need to STOP THE CREATION OF RADICAL TERRORISTS! Anyone can kill anyone else if you are willing to die in the process.

Well said. That's a few of us with our eyes open in this thread .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As a former member of the armed forces and a current member of a security organisation I can answer that question for you. Training is the difference between the amateur and professional. Despite not having routinely armed police in the UK, Armed Response Units were on the scene within in eight minuets and the situation was rapidly contained last night.

We are rightly proud of our highly trained police and the fact that they are not the skittish, trigger happy amateurish law enforcement officers that other countries have on their streets.

edit on 4-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join