It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bathsheba, the daughter of the queen of Shebah?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

none of that interests me nor just because it is on the web mean it is true. Numerology has been around for centuries but you would do better with Roman Catholics as they love the Divinci Code, a RC numerology code for the Bible.

No. the Bible is simple for it says in the AV all thy words are true and it teacheth the simple.

Don't believe me check wikipedia or better yet just enter it into your bible search program you are cut and pasting your so called Hebrew meanings from.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

then why would she be married to Uriah, a common Israeli foot soldier?

Princesses are not married off to commoners, even today.

Don't know that he was a common soldier. David had to order that he be moved to the front close. And his house was prime real estate so close to Davids that he could check out the kit.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

you are correct but he doesn't really know the Bible well enough to know that so in the end the only thing left to conclude is he is parroting someone else and cutting and pasting selected text that fit his nonsensical narrative/OP.

link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

A common soldier? Sure he wasn't a general or a standard-bearer? Leading the army of Solomon's army against his enemies as he is recorded as doing?

Uriah comes from Owr (Light) + Jah (Jahveh). His name means Light of Jahveh. Others carry the same name in the Bible, and all of them are high-ranking officials, like priests and prophets.

link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Logarock

Like I said earlier, queens succeed eachother, and Bat-Sheba simply means Daughter of Ethiopia, a name suggesting a title and that she may have been of royal descent. A princess of Ethiopia?

Except that genealogically, Bathsheba is of David's own tribe as has been biblically sourced earlier in this thread.

Ok but we have these black Jews even today that have been officially recognized by Jews.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There is no title given him to know if he were anything other than a common foot soldier, and in those days all the soldiers had homes surrounding the Kings abode, so as to be called quickly to fight and defend the king in a surprise attack. It is still practiced today we just call them military basis and police stations or posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well does the fact that he wouldn't go into the house and lay with his wife when his men were in the field. Or the men were in the field. Some suggest that this makes him sound like an officer but maybe not.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

many men had the name David but they weren't all Kings.

See how rediculous it sounds. Now read the Bible forget about Paleo Hebrew meanings placed on Acient Hebrew and just read the Bible no where is it spoken of him being in control of an army or a man of war. He is listed as one of Joab's 37 men that served under him to guard David. That to gives rise to why his house was so claose to Davids palace. But he was a guard not a general.

At best from Biblical record we could surmise he was a messenger, generally a position carried out by common soldiers.

2Sa 11:7 And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded [of him] how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.
2Sa 11:14 ¶ And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent [it] by the hand of Uriah.

edit on 4-6-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

you are correct but he doesn't really know the Bible well enough to know that so in the end the only thing left to conclude is he is parroting someone else and cutting and pasting selected text that fit his nonsensical narrative/OP.

Utter lies! You are a devil and I hope the mods take care of you. Loose and unfounded ad hominem claims as usual and you are a bully and tend to attack the messenger with all kinds of abominations when you don't like the message.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well does the fact that he wouldn't go into the house and lay with his wife when his men were in the field. Or the men were in the field. Some suggest that this makes him sound like an officer but maybe not.

More likely a dedicated soldier. "My brothers in arms can't see their wives. I shouldn't either." type of thinking. That doesn't make him an officer.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There is no title given him to know if he were anything other than a common foot soldier, and in those days all the soldiers had homes surrounding the Kings abode, so as to be called quickly to fight and defend the king in a surprise attack. It is still practiced today we just call them military basis and police stations or posts.

Ok if you mean barracks? This sounds like a personal dwelling. Shes not going to be bathing on the barrack roof I am thinking.

Also I do believe this guy was with David clear back in his cave dwelling days and 12 years running from Saul.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What does Bat mean in Hebrew? What does Sheba mean in Hebrew? Oh that's right. Bat means «daughter of» (as compared to bar/ben which means «son of») and Sheba means «Ethiopia». How many people in the bible are called Batsheba?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Utter lies! You are a devil and I hope the mods take care of you. Loose and unfounded ad hominem claims as usual and you are a bully and tend to attack the messenger with all kinds of abominations when you don't like the message.

Wow. It is obvious that there are several members on this thread that are better versed than you are. You seem mad because we have been able to debunk your theory. I'm out.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In 2 Samuel ch23 Uriah is listed as one of David's "Thirty mighty men". This was obviously an elite unit.

link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Logarock

More likely a dedicated soldier. "My brothers in arms can't see their wives. I shouldn't either." type of thinking. That doesn't make him an officer.

Put it all together. Whats a privet doing living so close to the palace that the King and see his wife bath? And Joab knows him.

link   

you're the one that makes unfounded claims of the Bible. I am a devil, the mods will call you out for your name calling. I have only pointed out the utter nonsense and impossibility that the Queen of Sheba was the mother of Bathsheba the mother of Solomon.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What does Bat mean in Hebrew? What does Sheba mean in Hebrew? Oh that's right. Bat means «daughter of» (as compared to bar/ben which means «son of») and Sheba means «Ethiopia». How many people in the bible are called Batsheba?

As I pointed out earlier, the "sheba" in "Bathsheba" means "an oath". The "Sheba" in "queen of Sheba" is actually a different Hebrew word.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
In 2 Samuel ch23 Uriah is listed as one of David's "Thirty mighty men". This was obviously an elite unit.

Which really is what makes this story so horrific. Dude may even been one of the guys that broke through the lines and god David water from the well.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

that is 30 and seven and I stand corrected it was not under Joab but under Asahel the brother of Joab.

2Sa 23:39 Uriah the Hittite: thirty and seven in all.
and they were guards not generals

2Sa 23:23 He was more honourable than the thirty, but he attained not to the first three. And David set him over his guard.
2Sa 23:24 Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty; Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
25 Shammah the Harodite, Elika the Harodite,
26 Helez the Paltite, Ira the son of Ikkesh the Tekoite,
27 Abiezer the Anethothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite,
28 Zalmon the Ahohite, Maharai the Netophathite,
29 Heleb the son of Baanah, a Netophathite, Ittai the son of Ribai out of Gibeah of the children of Benjamin,
30 Benaiah the Pirathonite, Hiddai of the brooks of Gaash,
31 Abialbon the Arbathite, Azmaveth the Barhumite,
32 Eliahba the Shaalbonite, of the sons of Jashen, Jonathan,
33 Shammah the Hararite, Ahiam the son of Sharar the Hararite,
34 Eliphelet the son of Ahasbai, the son of the Maachathite, Eliam the son of Ahithophel the Gilonite,
35 Hezrai the Carmelite, Paarai the Arbite,
36 Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite,
37 Zelek the Ammonite, Naharai the Beerothite, armourbearer to Joab the son of Zeruiah,
38 Ira an Ithrite, Gareb an Ithrite,
39 Uriah the Hittite: thirty and seven in all.
I will concede that Uriah was a man of war. But not of royalty.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What does it mean in English?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join