It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bathsheba, the daughter of the queen of Shebah?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
We all know the tragedy of Uriah, and how king David forced himself upon Uriah's wife whom he lusted after while she was bathing on the roof, Batsheba (2 Sam 11). We also know of Solomon's later visitation by the Queen of the South aka the queen of Shebah (1 Kings 10). Was this visit made to meet her granddaughter? We know Bathsheba's father's name, Eliam, so she wasn't named after him, but perhaps a certain queen whom Solomon is said to have given a son who is believed to have brought the Ark of Covenant to Ethiopia where it supposedly still remains, guarded by a single monk who is not allowed outside the temple premises?

If you split the name Bathsheba into Bat+Sheba it means Daughter of Shebah. Was Bathsheba the daughter of the queen of Ethiopia?
edit on 4-6-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: misc+solomon+temple

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

The queen of sheba visited Solomon, David's son.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

The queen of sheba visited Solomon, David's son.

Ah, forgot that, edited the OP to include Solomon. Thanks for the heads-up!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I think that rather than being the grand daughter of the queen, Bathsheba might have just been from Sheba,the region in the south from where the queen came to visit Solomon.Bathsheba as in daughter of Sheba,as in lady from Sheba...

I spent years researching Lalibela and the Ark of Covenant...I am still unsure if Menelik The First brought the Ark after visiting Solomon,before the fall of the temple,or if it was Lalibela who brought it.But imho the Ark is in Ethiopia....

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

Daughter of Sheba could also translate into princess of Sheba.

However: Lalibela? Isn't that the area where those temple churches have been carved out into the mountain? The Ark is supposed to rest in Axum, about seven hours ride north of Lalibela.

Lalibela rock churches

Axum temple where the Ark of the Covenant is supposed to rest
edit on 4-6-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sort of seems a bit backwards to me.

Bathsheba was Solomon's mum. So are you suggesting that Solomon, the guy with 500 wives, publicly made a special deal out of bonking his genetic grandmother?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If I am right, that could mean Solomon dined together with his mother-in-law or his grandmother. The idea that Solomon had a child with her is extra-biblical and could have confused the chroniclers. What if Bathsheba was in fact the queen of Sheba in own person? Kings married other royals after all. Sounds rather odd that king David should marry (sex was counted as marriage) a commoner, don't you think? What if the guy who brought the Ark to Axum-- was in fact king Solomon himself?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Did every wonder why the Ops were named

Moses, Solomon and Joshua ?

Buck

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You do realize that 1 Kings 19 happened many years after2 Samuel 11? The Queen of Sheba who came to see Solomon who was 40 yrs old in 1 Kings was way to young, to be the mother of Bathsheba the wife of Uriah and King David, David was 40 years old when he began to rule in Jerusalem and it was after that when he saw Bathsheba bathing. And he reigned there for thirty years then made Solomon King and lived by many estimations 20 years more being stricken with age.

Not only that but Solomon spent 13 years building his house and more than that building the temple and that all before the Queen of Sheba ever shows up. So you would have a Queen who would of had to be over 100 years old coming to Jerusalem from Ethiopia area where people didn't live that long, the life span of those people was about 30 years old even to date they don't live much older than that. I highly doubt the story you tout is of any truth what so ever just from Bible facts alone.

You need to get your Biblical facts straight and stop making up such drivel, just because Sheba is in her name doesn't make her the daughter of the Queen of Sheba. It is this kind of nonsense that has led to confusion over the word of God.

edit on 4-6-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If you split the name Bathsheba into Bat+Sheba it means Daughter of Shebah. Was Bathsheba the daughter of the queen of Ethiopia?

My source says that Bat-Sheva was the daughter of Eliyam ben Achitofel who in turn was the most loyal and chief advisor to King David. Did not do a extensive word search on this but neither The Blackwell Dictionary nor the Jewish Time Line Encyclopedia or the Jewish Encyclopedia goes into any deeper knowledge than this.

By this I am led to believe that Bathsheba [Bat-Sheva] is not of royalty. Don't quote me on this. I could be wet as a fish.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

he doesn't know the Bible enough to come up with such nonsense. I am more apt to believe someone else introduced him to this false teaching and he is just Parroting it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You should know that the number 40 does not mean 40 (as in 4 x 10) in Semittic languages and traditions. It simply means older (or old) or long, many etc. Moses spent 40 years in the desert (if the tales are correct, it would take a bunch of people everything from weeks to about a year or two to complete the march), meaning his walk was simply a long one. Alibaba had 40 thieves, he simply had many thieves under his command. Jesus fasted 40 days, simply meaning he held a long faste. One of Muhammeds wives were said to have been in her 40's, but she was merely a couple of years older than the prophet, who himself was in his mid-twenties at the time.

Again you show little or no interest in exegesis and common idiomatic expressions found in Hebrew and Semitic culture, and you put way too much trust in silly midrashim, stories made to work as fairytales for children and simple people.

Besides, kings and queens die eventually, and their heirs take their places, carrying the same regalia and rule-- and title-- carrying on the rule, that's why we often say «the king is dead, live the king!»

How old was the king of England in 1930? And how old was the king of England during the crusades? 1000 below zero years old?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Apparently you do not understand how to put things into chronological order. It has been pointed out by more than one member to you. Let's put it in chronological order shall we?

David takes Bathsheba for a wife. They have a child, Solomon. Solomon grows up. Obviously, his mother would also grow older as the years pass. As an adult, King Solomon is visited by the Queen of Sheba, a young to middle age woman. They actually had a child together. Are you really suggesting that Solomon's grandmother came to see him after hearing of his wisdom as a king, had sex with her grandson and had a child by him?

Best guesses say Solomon was probably 20ish when he became king. His mother would have obviously been older. Probably at least late 30's or early 40's. HER mother would have been older still. At least mid 50's or older. Bathsheba was not the daughter of the Queen of Sheba.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes, and entrusted advisors et cetera were often given wives of royal or noble ranks. Another thing is the name Solomon, it can be translated as Ruler of Salem (much like Melchizedek who was king of Salem which is «king of Jeru-salem»). Salem derives from the word for peace seen in words like Heb. Shalom and Arab. Salam.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Before jumping to conclusions based on English spelling, check the Hebrew.
The "sheba" in "Bathsheba" and the "sheba" in "Queen of Sheba" are not the same word. The Hebrew vowel at the end is different.
The name "Bathsheba" is really the Hebrew for "daughter of the oath". In my threads on Song of Solomon, I suggested that this was the reason why the king is said to be "crowned by his mother".

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

he doesn't know the Bible enough to come up with such nonsense. I am more apt to believe someone else introduced him to this false teaching and he is just Parroting it.

Bollocks. Pride goes before falling. Cut the silly ad hominem bovine crap you keep reaching at when you are revealed as a fraud again and again.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

The idea that Solomon and the queen of Sheba had a child is extra-biblical. This union is not recorded in the Bible. Besides, kings and queens succeed echother, the queen is not mentioned by name, only rank.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

No I'm not talking about Lalibela as in the rock hewed churches place but Lalibela as in King Lalibela who rule Ethiopia from 1180-1225( if I'm not mistaken ).A very enigmatic king whose birth reign and life all together is clouded in mysteries from bees that swarmed his body at birth to the angels that told him to build the churches in Lalibela(the place after his name).

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Yes, and entrusted advisors et cetera were often given wives of royal or noble ranks. Another thing is the name Solomon, it can be translated as Ruler of Salem (much like Melchizedek who was king of Salem which is «king of Jeru-salem»). Salem derives from the word for peace seen in words like Heb. Shalom and Arab. Salam.

Solomon was the Anglicized name given to the Hebrew name Shlomo. When they translated the Bible they Anglicised a lot of names. King Solomon was actually King Shlomo. They westernized his name.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Try reading the Bible before you comment. You're the only one spouting nonsense here. You look for things that are not there.

Alibaba, Ha Ha HA HA! what nonsensical rubbish you spout.

"he reigned 40 years" really means he reigned 40 years.

Time to put away the things of a child and be a man and accept the Preserved word of God for what it says and not what you want it to say. Like I said you heard this stuff from someone else and you are repeating it here. I heard all the same drivel and participated in it before I was wondrously and gloriously saved by my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Nothing new under the sun.

I find it hilarious you want to tell people what is biblical and what is not, and yet you don't know the Bible well enough to see that Bathsheba could not have been the daughter of the Queen of Sheba who shows up to give Solomon tribute when he was about 60 or so years old and that is Bible fact not the convoluted nonsense of a deprived mind.
edit on 4-6-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join