It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin Bill Maher and Obama in a Noose

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
What Kathy Griffin did was in poor taste. What Bill Maher said was in poor taste. Neither of those statements should be disputed.

Why is it that Kathy Griffin should be denounced while at the same time Bill Maher should be defended for utilizing his right to free speech? Why do some white people want to say ni**er so badly? Donald Trump's family have been New York City real estate moguls for half a century. Why is his family's feelings more fragile than an entire race that was subjugated to the point the vaunted Constitution only treated them as 3/5th's of a human being? Slightly better than a draught animal.

Which lead me to Obama in a noose. I'm not offended by much of anything but this ATS search turned my #ing stomach. "Obama Noose:".

Here's the thread. ATS conservatives joking about Obama being hanged in effigy while now catching the vapors over a publicity stunt.

How do we share the same country?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

This is what happens when you go full retard, never ever go full retard.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Maher did a figure of speech, albeit a most 'dark' one.

Griffin did an overt symbolism of death culture (specifically dedicated to not only the POTUS, but aimed towards leftists radicals, whom already have a reputation for being radical Islam sympathizers).

Maher made leftist looks like total hypocrites (regarding how leftists treat other leftists/black whom dont toe the party PC line), Griffon fulfilled all the worst stereotypes leftist extremists have been garnering these days).

Hats off to Maher, and thanks to Griffin for the lulz!!
edit on 4-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Kathy Griffin insulted the President (and his supporters). Bill Maher, a rich white guy, made a joke in light of slavery. I personally wasn't offended by either of which, but having been a white dude my entire life I won't presume to know what should offend African-Americans.
edit on (6/4/1717 by PistolPete because: comma

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Didn't Hillary say "if that bastard wins we'll all hang from nooses?"

I would pay to see that.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Did she? I don't know. I voted for "abstain" last year, Neither of them is my fault.

Just because obvious racism disgusts me doesn't mean I don't think Obama and Hillary are war criminals. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I really don't give a f*** what people say. If it's not an overt threat, I think it's probably fine.

Bill Maher (who I really dislike) said something in the moment, we've all said something stupid in the moment. Griffin (don't ever think about her) had time to think about it. I think her thing was worse. The thing that really bugged me about her was that she said in some interview that she was going to go after Trump's son. That's freaking low. Leave the kids out of it. I can actually see myself saying something as dumb as Maher's comment in the moment. I get what he was going for, it came across to me as being more self deprecating, like he's too lazy or soft. Obviously don't go dropping the n-word, but it seems pretty innocuous to me. I don't think he was being racist, just tone deaf.

Lynching Obama is one of those things where I figure people had enough time to realize it was in poor taste (or was intentionally racist) too. Again, who cares?

Irritates me when people run around thinking I'm some sort of terrible person for being a white male, but they can talk all the crap they want as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to try to take that away from them. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the obese hair dying feminists that loathe themselves for the color they were born.

Call people out when they're offensive, but realize your ability to do so relies on their ability to offend. Think about the flip side, if you weren't allowed to argue with people saying hateful things. Let people say what they want and deal with the (verbal or written) consequences.

This crybaby nonsense is now an issue for right and left. Laugh it off, ignore it and come out looking like the bigger person. This isn't a country where people get locked up for hurting feelings. I'm embarrassed Trump even engaged with this whole thing. I'm also embarrassed that Kathy Griffin is newsworthy.

Sack up, take some s*** talking in good stride.

I'm personally enjoying the poo show, everyone is so up in arms!

Kinda drunk. My point is basically shut up and stop being so offended by everything, wherever you plop your ass on the political spectrum. You have every right to bitch and moan, and people have every right to say something you find offensive. If the right continues turning into the left on this kind of thing I'm going to freak out. People are so plugged in they think there are T&C in real life (other than not inciting a riot and threatening).

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

They deserve to receive back every scum filled deed they handed out and rather deceitfully I might add, 100 fold.
They're just beginning to get it all back onto themselves, a taste of their own crap if you will. What goes around comes around.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

ATS conservatives joking about Obama being hanged in effigy while now catching the vapors over a publicity stunt. 

To be fair, the liberal excuse for Kathy posting a photo of Trumps severed, bloody head is that it was a joke and we don't get her sense of humor.
Right here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So would I.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

ATS conservatives joking about Obama being hanged in effigy while now catching the vapors over a publicity stunt. 

To be fair, the liberal excuse for Kathy posting a photo of Trumps severed, bloody head is that it was a joke and we don't get her sense of humor.
Right here on ATS.

Kathy the c is lame. A severed head, where have we all seen that before? Underhandedly mocking those being Victimized by Isis with that head shot? It sure as hell looks like it to me. It's disgusting what was done.
edit on 4-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Irritates me when people run around thinking I'm some sort of terrible person for being a white male, but they can talk all the crap they want as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to try to take that away from them. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the obese hair dying feminists that loathe themselves for the color they were born.

Virtually no one thinks you're a terrible person because you're a white male.

"f I did that, I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the obese hair dying feminists that loathe themselves for the color they were born."

You are a bad person for that sentence.

Do you thinking Noosing Obama in effigy is okay?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Right here on ATS.

People, right here on ATS, joked about Obama being noosed in effigy. Do you defend that?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: Domo1

Virtually no one thinks you're a terrible person because you're a white male.

"f I did that, I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the obese hair dying feminists that loathe themselves for the color they were born."

You are a bad person for that sentence.

Do you thinking Noosing Obama in effigy is okay?

Yep, absolutely. Really a tiny number of people think you're a bad person because you're a white male. Vanishingly rare.

People will however think you're a bad person for saying stuff like: "obese hair dying feminists that loathe themselves for the color they were born".

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Is Bill Maher invoking the slave term "house 'n-word'" equally offensive to you?
edit on (6/4/1717 by PistolPete because: unexpected ATS edit

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

Right here on ATS.

People, right here on ATS, joked about Obama being noosed in effigy. Do you defend that?

No. I Didn't defend them.
Are you defending Kathy?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Well. None of what you mentioned in the OP offended me.

I guess it's all what you CHOOSE to let offend you. Kathy is nobody, Bill has been saying stupid crap for nearly two decades, and I expect stupidity from some posters on a free internet forum.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Why would the word 'black' be of offense to me? That's stupid.

A better question would be.. If it's so damn offensive to say the 'n-word', why the hell are Black people tossing it around like grenades in a mine full of dynomite in every ugly song they write about in their rap music? Do they disrespect themselves? If not why should anyone else give a crap?
edit on 4-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jun 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The first sentence of this thread is " What Kathy Griffin did was in poor taste."

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Who the # is bill? Clinton? What in the world does he have to do with this at all? Jesus.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join