It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Told You So Textbook Example

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Did the people stabbed tonight have an inferiority complex?

How is that relevant to what I said?

Were the innocent little girls killed weeks ago cowards?

An appeal to emotion. Exactly my point in this issue. Address the issue and be honest. Don't let your emotions push your knee-jerk reactions.

You're a wimp. You hide behind your "liberal integrity" to not have to answer to the calls to defend the innocent.

I'm not a liberal and I do not ask the government to enact authoritarian policies in order to defend the innocent. Only wimps would do that.

There are more than enough of us who will. I'm just sad we couldn't have a someone with clearly a good mind to help.

I do not doubt that you would ask for authoritarian government to help protect the innocent. You've made it clear.

I'd rather have my freedoms and stand up for myself when needed. But I suppose that makes me a wimp.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There is no greater negative force than Islam
on political freedoms.

It is you who fears your own future.

edit on 3-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Then who were you talking about when you used the words "those they fear"....because 'fear' is not the right word.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

There is no greater force than Islam
On the effect of political freedoms.

It is you who fears your own future then.

There is no greater force against freedom than our own fears.

Remember the saying "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?

My future is of my own making. I shall not walk in fear because of the actions of the few.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well good news it is well past the 90 day for the temporary ban in the US so the Trump admin should have the extreme vetting in place right?

Oh... they are still fighting for a ban that should be over already....

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Then who were you talking about when you used the words "those they fear"....because 'fear' is not the right word.

Fear is the right word when people would suggest we need to take action against those that they fear.

Lack of backbone. Lack of ability to stand on principle.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

An appeal to emotion. Exactly my point in this issue. Address the issue and be honest. Don't let your emotions push your knee-jerk reactions.

You're a wimp. You hide behind your "liberal integrity" to not have to answer to the calls to defend the innocent.

I'm not a liberal and I do not ask the government to enact authoritarian policies in order to defend the innocent. Only wimps would do that.

There are more than enough of us who will. I'm just sad we couldn't have a someone with clearly a good mind to help.

I do not doubt that you would ask for authoritarian government to help protect the innocent. You've made it clear.

I'd rather have my freedoms and stand up for myself when needed. But I suppose that makes me a wimp.

Yes, it DOES make you a wimp because you only give a crap about yourself. Like I said, a wimp.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I find your use of the word " authoritarian"
in conjunction with accusing those who wish to
defend themselves as "fearful" to be a red herring
in this discussion.

The three dead terrorists have no due process.

Deal with it. Dead "martyrs".

ETA: I think your promoting an agenda,
Albeit a poorly crafted one. Your missing a
failed idealology to go with your fish tale.
edit on 3-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Fear is the right word when people would suggest we need to take action against those that they fear.

Lack of backbone. Lack of ability to stand on principle.

Maybe it's me, but I'm not following you. Are you saying individuals should take matters into their own hands rather than depend on authorities to take action?

Is the backbone/principle you stand on one of vigilante justice? Just asking.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Yes, it DOES make you a wimp because you only give a crap about yourself. Like I said, a wimp.

Only thinking about myself, even though I am standing up for the freedoms of others...even those I disagree with?

Ok. I'll accept that.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

defend themselves as "fearful" be a red herring
in this discussion.

People are not saying they want to defend themselves. They want the government to do it for them out of fear.

That leads to authoritarianism.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
HOMELAND SECURITY is saying tonight that there are no known threats to the USA.

Were there threats before the recent U.K. terror attacks? Doesn't seem like it.

They wait days before identifying a group behind an attack.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Maybe it's me, but I'm not following you. Are you saying individuals should take matters into their own hands rather than depend on authorities to take action?

No. What I am saying is that there is an inherent risk involved with freedom. With that freedom you have to be willing to accept risk when people do not believe the same as you do.

Muslims may blow you up in an attack. That is the risk you take when people have religious freedom.

Christians may shoot you when you go to Planned Parenthood. That is the risk you take when people have religious freedom.

Do we take action against them because of what they might do? Do we act against them because of their beliefs?

No. We stand for freedom and take the risks.
edit on 3-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

in this discussion.

People are not saying they want to defend themselves. They want the government to do it for them out of fear.

Then you misunderstood some, I think. Maybe you're talking about GB though....because if you're talking about the US, you are off the mark.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

in this discussion.

Then you misunderstood some, I think. Maybe you're talking about GB though....because if you're talking about the US, you are off the mark.

No. I am talking about Americans as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Only thinking about myself, even though I am standing up for the freedoms of others...even those I disagree with?

Ok. I'll accept that.

And THERE IT IS! You DO think you are better than us! An elitist, who would've guessed it.

" I am standing up for the freedoms of others..." What a load of bollocks. You are soooo high and mighty standing up for freedoms right up until your throat is slit by a smelly terrorist.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

in this discussion.

Earth to Introvert, that's what governments do.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Then you're off the mark.

We expect our government to control immigration. It should be done slowly with careful assimilation. There should be periods of time when immigration is halted altogether. Just research how we have done it in the past. It works.

People whose culture, social structure, religion, and legal system is all wrapped up together in a theological philosophy...a theocracy...should be slowly and carefully allowed in and assimilation is a must. They're different. That may be politically incorrect to say, but it's the truth.

Now, if government hasn't done that and it has, instead, thrown open the doors and torn down the borders and allowed an overflow, you are bound to see their theocracy rise up in time and attempt to change your culture in your own country. Maybe they do this by terrorism or slowly infiltrating into the government.

Part of the Declaration of Independence:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Terrorism has been confirmed not once but twice with explosions to boot. I have to say as an American seeing everyone walk out with hands on there hands when not a Suspect is crazy.
Tell

That's because it's common sense - picture the scene of complete chaos -do you let everyone incluing terrorists known to be present flee - or do you do what the 100% success UK method is of treating all as potential terrorists which has 100% survival rate and 100% terrorist imprisonent/death rate?

Nice to see you celebrating the deaths of innocents to persue your hate with no remorse - ever thought of joining ISIS?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If these terrorists have family and friends in their circle that had an inkling these thugs might do something like this, the authorities need to come down hard on them. Send a message that if you do something like this, your family will be affected.

These subhumans use social media, I'm sure. And I'm sure their families aren't necessarily innocent in knowing about such plans and ideology. You can't arrest them for knowing, but you can put them on camera, embarrass them, point them out as sympathizers, then let the chips fall where they may.

I would say their family is fair game.

After all, how many f'ks do they give about everyone else's family?

Khan is trying to speak. He looks like Mr. Bean.

Never mind. Just setting up the shot.

Anyway, they had to learn this radical BS at home, so the family is not innocent at all.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join