It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch people struggle to name any conservatives acting like rioting liberals ‘They’re intoleran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Other than at Middlebury and Berkeley, how many times has it actually happened though? Unless there's something I'm missing those are the only instances. Even the National Review says this:

National Review
At Berkeley, rioters and their friends claimed that Milo was a unique threat. Middlebury students proved that was a lie. If Charles Murray isn’t within the bounds of acceptable discourse, who is? If one of Milo’s chief public opponents, Ben Shapiro, can’t speak on some campuses without violent incidents, which conservative speakers are truly “safe” enough for the modern campus? Thankfully, it’s still true that most conservative speakers appear without incident, but as Berkeley and Middlebury teach us, that’s because of the permission or indifference of the radicals, not the resolve of our leaders. On campus, the mob is winning.

Violent liberal protest isn't endemic on college campuses, it's the exception. And if I went out on the street and stuck a microphone in people's face's I'll take the bet that they can't name what's happened at Berkeley and Middlebury either.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Even the far right hasn't shut down a speaking engagement by a tolerant lib on a campus.

Can we find one example?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Even the far right hasn't shut down a speaking engagement by a tolerant lib on a campus.

Can we find one example?

Maybe Westboro Baptist Church?
Anyway no I can't find an example of conservatives rioting on college campus.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's all talk, there is no substance.

I did not support the Bush wars-just as I don't support the O wars. Let's see how DJ Trump spins killing in the name of.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Christian College Gives Pro-Riots Leftist Piven a Forum, Then Cancels Conservative Speaker
humanevents.com...

Google is full of them

link   

There have been a ton of incidents.

To start with, even without riots etc. campuses are overwhelmingly ran by liberals. This can be seen in that almost every campus has an identity politics pushing curriculum that disavows the patriarchy or whiteness. This is true institutional racism that you never here a peep about.

Off the top of my head I remember Charles Murray being shut down, Ann Coulter, Milo, that evergreen college or whatever this week where they threatened to take over the college, Milo at Berkely, Gavin McNinnes in New york, Warren Fairchild banned, Ben Shapiro, the Mizzou incident with the professor calling for muscle.

Those are just off of the top of my head.

There is a website called FIRE, the Foundation for Individual Rights in education, that outlines all of this insanity (which admittedly a very small percentage is from conservatives).

Its funny how people will play down, acting like what is happening on caampuses is isolated and no big deal. Yet these same liberals scream how important secondary education is in every other facet.

link   

I havent seen those videos, but have seen endless BLM kill whitey videos.

Honestly, the reason I dont much hassle the conservatives / the "rightwing" / whatever so far, is I dont see it as some inherent appeal in the Republican / whatever platform to support and nurture se the KKK and their kind of thinking.

While the Democrat platform now seems to be all about "social justice" / Critical Race Theory / the Progressive Stack / etc that is the engine driving the extremists.

Just because the Democrat's made it their business to court minorities, and then twist up the logic as mentioned, thus leaving the people on the right mostly being whites, doesn't mean that anti-white racism and all this intensive SJW bigotry is warrented or justified. Even IF the Republican Party didnt make it their business to court minorities, and did make it their business to appeal to whites, the fact is conservatism (at least in the minds of the masses) isnt hellbent on white supremacy, where its pretty out in the open liberalism is all about "Hyper-Tribalist" supremacy.

In my experiences in life, at college, in workplaces, regular folks just dont care about all that and are out dishing out animosity. At least thats not how it was before Identity Politics became the liberal platform.

So this thing where liberals constantly deflect criticisms of the insanity / bigotry from their ranks, with 'what about right wing extremists', I just dont see the comparison as it isnt conservative second nature to defend the KKK but it is liberal second nature to defend the BLM.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I love it when we agree.

Here is another liberal protest and the college just bends over.
Public College Bans Conservative Speaker Shapiro After Liberals Protest
www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So page 6 and the usually SJW crowd can't find an example. Tolerance by the left is about as real as the religion of peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

The fact of the matter is the modern lib is intolerant.

Don't believe me talk to one about abortion, vegetarianism, or trans rights. It will end with them screaming if you dis agree.

The modern liberal needs constant hand holding and can't think for themselves. Truly a sad mental midget.
edit on 3-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Did the couple of posts that followed yours change your mind?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is merely appealing to white voters the same as se stirring up race wars / systematic bigotry / institutional racist power structures?

No. It's right in what Atwater (who, it so happens, was a partner of Paul Manafort and Roger Stone) said about the Southern Strategy way back in 1981. For years, there was an attempt to deny that Atwater had even made the remarks (because he was dead by the time they were published and attributed to him by name) but then a few years back, somebody dug up the tape of the interview.

Here's the most notorious quote:

You start out in 1954, by saying n*****, n*****, n*****. By 1968, you can’t say n*****, that hurts you, back-fires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states rights, and all that stuff and you’re getting so abstract. Now you’re talking about cutting taxes. We want to cut this is much more abstract than even the busing thing and a hell of a lot more abstract than n*****, n*****.

What he first points out here is that before the Southern Strategy, vitriolic, overtly racist identity politics wasn't taboo by any means. Something I find interesting is how George Wallace's political career mirrors the shifting landscape of the time. The first time Wallace ran for Governor of AL (1958, as a Democrat), he was actually endorsed by the NAACP. He lost badly to a guy who was supported by the Klan. There's another famous quote here which really reveals Wallace's mindset. He told his aide, Seymore Trammell:

Seymore, you know why I lost that governor's race? I was outn****red by John Patterson. And I'll tell you here and now, I will never be outn*****red again

George Wallace of course became a super-staunch segregationist and started winning. This didn't go unnoticed by the GOP. When Goldwater tanked, they knew they had lost the black vote for a long time to come. They saw Wallace's success and they saw opportunity.

From further in the Atwater interview:

So what you have is two things happening that totally washed away the Southern strategy, the Harry Dent type Southern strategy, and that is, that whole strategy was based, although it was more sophisticated than a Bilbo or a George Wallace, it was nevertheless based on coded racism. The whole thing, busing, we want a Supreme Court judge that won’t have busing, anything you look at can be traced back to the issue [of race], in the old southern strategy. It was not done in a blatantly discriminatory way.

I don't think there's much I can add to the explanation of an insider like Atwater, speaking at the time. He's point blank saying that the GOP developed a more sophisticated approach to using abject racism to attract white voters (particularly blue collar white voters as he mentions elsewhere) by making EVERYTHING an issue of race somehow.

Of course, Atwater also said in the same interview was that Reagan didn't imploy the Southern Strategy and that the GOP didn't need it anymore and his generation would be the first to move away from it. But that's not accurate on his part and it certainly isn't what happened as I'll get to after this next bit.

What I've never seen mentioned in any of the portions of the interview are questions/answers regarding Reagan's use of the "Southern Strategy" in his 1976 campaign where he introduced the meme of the "Welfare Queen" as a frequent prop in his stump speech.

The ‘Welfare Queen’ Is a Lie

At a campaign rally in 1976, Ronald Reagan introduced the welfare queen into the public conversation about poverty: “She used 80 names, 30 addresses, 15 telephone numbers to collect food stamps, Social Security, veterans’ benefits for four nonexistent deceased veteran husbands, as well as welfare. Her tax-free cash income alone has been running $150,000 a year.”

The perception of who benefits from a policy is of material consequence to how it is designed. For the past 40 years, U.S. welfare policy has been designed around Reagan’s mythical welfare queen—with very real consequences for actual families in need of support.

What he did was to take a singular, extremely extremely worst case scenario of fraud and use it to paint minority welfare recipients. And as I'm sure you know, the "welfare queen" was ultimately a very successful meme. Now back to Atwater and friends in the years after the infamous interview.

Eight years later, Atwater was still up to racial identity politics to garner white votes. This time it was the notorious Willie Horton revolving-door campaign ad put out by the George H.W. Bush campaign which was managed by Atwater. The ad itself was made produced by a man, Larry McCarthy, who had worked for Roger Ailes. The person who drove production of the ad though was Floyd Brown. If you don't know Brown by name, he is the CEO of USA Radio Network and the founder of the far-right news site Western Journalism.

He's also the founder of Citizen's United whose current President, David Bossie, was of course Trump's deputy campaign manager.

Anyway, the Willie Horton ad was clearly racial fearmongering complete with a mugshot of the perpetrator (who was black) and the invention of a nickname — "Willie" — which Horton had never used or been known by. It was perfect racist propaganda. Black man gets out of jail on furlough, rapes a woman repeatedly and stabs her fiance. Atwater said at the time:

"By the time we're finished, they're going to wonder whether Willie Horton is Dukakis' running mate."

This isn't really the place for this but I'll be happy to continue if you ever want to have a discussion about it in a more appropriate thread.

It wasn't simply that they appealed to whites, they created and pushed racist narratives to demonize blacks in order to scare whites, to make whites feel exploited by "lazy blacks" (welfare queens!), etc. We're talking decades of this constant repetition of racists memes.

And I haven't even gotten around to discussing the rise of the Christian Right with Reagan.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Remember when Obama was elected and the KKK kidnapped that black kid and tortured him live on social media?

Neither do I.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I also don't remember any conservatives shutting down liberal speaker that were slated to speaks at a college, using riots.
edit on 3-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

For what it's worth:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The Evergreen incident is certainly a different animal than shutting down Milo, and I don't believe any of those other incidents were a result of riots.

Thanks for the website, I skimmed it and it seems they point out campuses that are free speech friendly, that should be a good resource. I'll be taking a look at it later as it's time to go meet up with some people.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No, it's Saturday night I was taking a shower and getting ready to go out.

The incident you linked me to had nothing to do with a riot other than that the liberal speaker had at some point in her life advocated it. I want to look into any papers the professor that shut down the conservative has on web and see what he's all about.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You want to type to me instead of going out?

Go we can type later...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You might like to watch Stefan Molyneux's video series (Gene Wars) on r/K selection, it explains this whole scenario perfectly and every day vindicates this theory.

Do you not find it strange that Liberal and Conservative mindset is so diametrically opposed? Yet this same scenario is also found in nature and is the means to the survival of the species?

Here, I'll get you started if you're interested, it's a 3-part series, you'll never look at the world quite the same again...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Interesting tales from 'how things were' when I was but a wee lad.

I grew up in white suburbia (Metro) Detroit. The county where all the "White Flight" ran off to.

My grandparents were Ford employees since back around WW2 when all the factories etc were firmly in the City of Detroit (they built the planes, my grandmas brother flew them). Parents born there. I dont recall my parents talking much about the period of white flight (they were busy being greasers / hippies I guess), but I did hear my grandma talk about a maybe a couple times. The point when they got arm robbed at their front door was the point they moved. They were Christian Conservative.

But they werent racists / racial prejudice. My grandpas best friend was a black man, fellow Ford engineer, whom did his eulogy.

I heard all about Reagan and then Bush as a child.

But never did I hear about any of this racism stuff you're talking about.

Aside from a general consensus about black ghetto moms having 4 kids to get bigger welfare checks to suck off everyone else, and people hating that behavior. Everyones heard that stuff. Not true? Is that just a GOP platform thing? Just a myth?

Note that in the Detroit Metro area the racism is stewed to a perfection. Pretty much anyone you encounter uses racial slurs like you might use cuss words. And I mean EVERYBODY (whites, blacks, jews, arabs, Mexican's, etc). In fact in my experience, people use them against their own buddies as people would use "punk" and so on; not even having anything to do with actual race its just people are a special kind of rude there, and kids talk a LOT of smack for fun while anything and everything is amongst the potential 'ingredients' to lodge insults. Although, my mom & stepdad weren't actually like that.

But going around and punking people of other races wasnt a norm I much ever noted, unless you happen to be white and go down to Detroit (I mean the REAL Detroit).

Now that is an entirely different experience, where the population is 90% black and the word rude doesnt measure up to how blacks treat whites any time I can recall.

So naturally, it goes without saying there, the whole welfare stereotyping arises naturally in a climate like that.

Thing is, living in the south my adulthood, whenever I happen to be at a Walmart, and there's a family that has 1, 2 even 3 or FOUR shopping carts in a convoy, holding up the entire checkout, with carts overloaded I mean top and bottom, I've witnessed this many times, and they were always colored folks.

Of course they dont all do it, but it IS a 'thing' even today.

And you know what else, I've never been hassled by Hispanics, I haven't been "tried" / "checked" or cut in front of in line, or been held up in in an isle with just obvious deliberate jamming up of it, down here in my big city, not once ever by anyone, except colored folks. TO which its happened quite a few times, I mean I've almost had to get bloody several times. Which by the way got FAR worse post-Obama.

Not only have I not experienced it, I also have never not one single time observed other people doing it to black or whites on hispanics or hispanics on whites or whatever. Or even talk about it. It's exclusively a black on whites thing in my experience.

Now admittedly I didn't go to grade school down here, so I cant speak to that.

In the north we did have like 3 black kids in high school. And they had it tough, they'd get messed with. And they were tough. But that stuff is inherent with kids and anyone who doesnt 'fit in'. I know they got in fights, but I dont recall them getting just punked endlessly, and never heard about them getting JUMPED.

My one friend who went to school down here where he was about the only white kid in a black school, you wouldn't believe what he had to go thru every day.

Before I moved here into the unknown, I'd ponder how bad the racism must be here. Then i got here, I even worked construction, went to mixed ethnicity college about across the street from the grade school my friend got jumped everyday for being white a decade before, and went like 6 months without hearing anyone anywhere utter a racial slur.

So in my experiences, I just didnt see the results of this supposed GOP race war agenda you allude to, not as a kid, not where it didnt already come with the territory. And as an adult in the south, I just havent seen it. In fact many of the best buddies I've had at school and multiple workplaces where black folks. So its not like I'm saying they're all racists. But in my experience, as far as how people are treated in the day to day, I absolutely dont see it regarding whites on minorities here, where I see the exact opposite of what should be expected if everyone here was raised to hate minorities, especially not in a social climate with all the history and such where is "should" be off the richter apparent in daily life if it was really some sort of social engineering thing (as we've been seeing the DNC push with Critical Race Theory) as you describe.

Or it just doesnt compare, that the 'conservative' version doesnt result in open animosity in the ways that the 'liberal' version does. Part of it is there IS a harsh history that would be easy for blacks to fall into, one which its every day apparent the liberal platform directly and deliberately appeals to.

Of course I dont even have any love for the GOP any more than I do the DNC, I've invented my own Socio-Agnostic ideology long ago which is in anti-ideology, but when I look around I see Critical Race Theory destroying the fabric of our society, where people just defending themselves for merely being white / conservative / etc are being smeared as hardcore racists. And when I look backwards, in closing, I just dont see where Christian Conservatives not in my experience are some harbingers of race hate.

Even if people dont care for other races, dont like em, even IF they hate them, its still all about civility at the end of the day to have a decent society worth living in. And the work of the liberals this decade in particular, is the absolute undoing of decades of improvements in race relations. Period. And they should all be ashamed of themselves. And its time the ENABLERS quit being cowards; quit participating in this looming hot civil war the extremists pray for like Christian's and the 2nd Coming.
edit on 4-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join