It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch people struggle to name any conservatives acting like rioting liberals ‘They’re intoleran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Metallicus

Actually Muslims are conservatives.

How so, details please. I have no doubt there are conservative muslims, but not violent rioting ones.

At best you'll be able to describe the violent ones as traditional to native culture which is *not* the same as american conservative.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

opportunitylives.com...
I'll respect seasonal's wish to keep this on topic.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you go by the media's constant drum beat, it would indeed be the conserves that are rioting. They are oddly silent about liberal hate.

link   

opportunitylives.com...
I'll respect seasonal's wish to keep this on topic.

Thank you for point out an article about the non-violent muslims who just want to get along in the USA. That's not who Metallicus was referring to, of course. But thanks anyway.

By all means we should stay on topic.

So in an attempt to stay on topic, the violent rioters on college campuses are not conservative because they promote the idea of shutting down free speech like all the other progressive SJW's.

link   

Penn State Students Riot Over Creepy Clown Sighting
Scores of rioting Penn State students sparked pandemonium early Tuesday when they flooded the campus and downtown streets after word quickly spread online that the nationwide rash of creepy clown sightings has hit the area.

Videos posted to social media show hundreds of rowdy students chanting and running through the streets after midnight on the hunt for the alleged bozos.

Penn State Students Riot Over Paterno Firing
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — After top Penn State officials announced that they had fired Joe Paterno on Wednesday night, thousands of students stormed the downtown area to display their anger and frustration, chanting the former coach’s name, tearing down light poles and overturning a television news van parked along College Avenue.

Penn State Students Riot After Basketball Game
Police estimated that the crowd started at 50 and swelled to 4,000. "It was very scary," said Penn State University spokesman William Mahon, who watched with police until he was caught in a rain of debris. "I saw people run past, bleeding. It was a larger crowd than the other riots, much more aggressive. I was amazed by the level of restraint by police."

WVU Students Riot After Baylor Game
West Virginia pulled off the biggest upset in the country Saturday, knocking off No. 4 Baylor in Morgantown 41-27, and fans partied a little too hard after leaving the stadium. Mountaineers fans, famous for burning couches after big wins, pulled down lampposts, started fires and caused several thousand dollars worth of damage, according to the Morgantown Police Department.

OSU Students Riot After BCS Win
Police in riot gear used tear gas to break up crowds in Columbus, Ohio, early Tuesday after Ohio State beat Oregon to win the college football championship. At least a dozen small fires were reported after thousands of people poured out of bars to celebrate, authorities said. Denise Alex-Bouzounis, a Columbus police spokeswoman, said that a handful of arrests were made.

Put the name of most large state schools and the word "riot" into Google and something turns up. College kids riot for all kinds of reasons and it usually has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

great story

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Violent Muslims who throw gays off the rooftops are liberals? O..... K.
Anyway I have stated many times that I do not think Antifa is liberal. Liberals stand for freedom, equality and free speech.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Apples and oranges.

Do conservatives riot for libs speaking at college campuses?

Not one story about Hillary the faint having to cancel a (well paid) speech at a college because bearded hipsters in skinny jeans start to torch the place?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Is there some written rule somewhere that white racists are inherently "conservatives" (I mean like, truly)?

Because the GOP, ostensibly the "conservative" party, has been permissive of bigotry for a long time and has used it in their identity politics. Don't take my word for it though.

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes (2005)

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Start with the Southern Strategy under Nixon, proceed to the rise of the Christian Right under Reagan. Consider what "conservative" means. It's an umbrella term used now mostly to describe people "on the Right" but it had an actual definition that had nothing to do with small government, fiscal responsibility, etc — a "conservative" is one who wants to conserve the status quo. A traditionalist. So add in traditionalism and nativism.

It's not hard to understand things like:

- why so many "conservatives" were so strongly opposed to same sex marriage. (and before that, interracial marraige)
- why "feminism" is a bad word to most "conservatives."
- how racists ended up gravitating to the GOP.
- why Pamela Gellar has an audience among "conservatives."

Who knows what would have happened had Goldwater not been against the Civil Rights Act? He might have won instead of losing in the worst landslide in history to that point. The GOP might then have avoided the Southern Strategy and the rise of the Christian Right.

edit on 2017-6-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: PistolPete

Not one story about Hillary the faint having to cancel a (well paid) speech at a college because bearded hipsters in skinny jeans start to torch the place?

Maybe it's because they can't stand the sight of her? LOL.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Try taking away conservatives' Confederate statues!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Or try to introduce civil rights!

edit on 3-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: [ost=22310810]Deaf Alien[/post]

Violent Muslims who throw gays off the rooftops are liberals? O..... K.
Anyway I have stated many times that I do not think Antifa is liberal. Liberals stand for freedom, equality and free speech.

Freedom, equality and free speech....Wrong

Unless you are conservative and want to speak on a college campus. Then the freedom loving libs start burning the the MF'er down all the while they are being super duper tolerant...??? How

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is merely appealing to white voters the same as se stirring up race wars / systematic bigotry / institutional racist power structures?

We've had this discussion before.

It reminded me of how when you wikipedia "white nationalism" the same page for neo-nazi's comes up (but then when you punch in "black power" its a tale of empowerment / yummy wholesome stuff).

If you play that Red Ice video on the previous page, they're clearly not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's what liberalism means.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wow those statues are going to give a speech on college campuses? Are the statues liberal or conserve? This will determine if there will be riots or not.

How is this related to liberals rioting out of tolerance because a conservative is going to speak on a campus?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Thanks for the definition.

How is rioting to shut down a conservative speaker tolerant.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Liberals stand for freedom, equality and free speech.

Antifa are merely militant SJW's, and SJW's are well documented as being anti-free speech, racist, violent, etc. That Antifa came about was a natural, predictable outcome.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm showing that conservatives do indeed riot, and I didn't have to struggle to find photographic proof.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Liberals stand for freedom, equality and free speech.

Antifa are merely militant SJW's, and SJW's are well documented as being anti-free speech, racist, violent, etc. That Antifa came about was a natural, predictable outcome.

Then they are not true liberals. Maybe extreme left nutjobs. As I have stated I am alt-left who reject those nutjobs.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Liberals are for free speech when they agree. If a conservative speaker is going to speak on campus they riot. That seems to be a fact that no one here on ATS can deny.

So it is a fact that liberals are for free speech when they say it is OK.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join