It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That's very sad. Some here will really hate being right in seeing this coming.

IIRC hasn't there been some sort of regulation on the internet in GB that keeps getting shot down year after year?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

It only takes a hired van and a couple of burner phones to arrange the kind of mayhem from last night. Internet restriction won't stop that. Even still, someone can download whatever explosives manuals they like and get to work.

Like you, I find it hard to see the best way forward here. We're a great country and shouldn't lose what's great because some f***ing idiots scare us into it.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Right now, some people would give away freedom in return for safety.

Some want all our police officers armed. A small minority want us to start executing terror suspects and posting their parts back to some Middle East country. Many more want suspects imprisoned/deported/interned alongside their families. Not 'guilty,' not 'proven in a court of law,' just suspected. Suspicion alone is currently enough for those who who support having people taken from their homes and detained without prosecutable evidence.

This would leave us with a militarised police force with the ability to detain and imprison people without evidence. We'd shift the onus from presumed innocence to presumed guilt. Religious freedom would have to go too.

We don't need a conspiracy angle at the moment when so many would cheerfully turn this fine nation into an oppressive state. I'm more worried about them than Muslim extremists and terrorists. Our politicians show saddened faces, but won't miss the opportunity to reap political capital. Take away freedom and attract more votes. Politicians and public alike will vote for suppression/oppression. It sounds f***ing ridiculous, right? This is how it works.

Power that be are " raping the Habeas Corpus " but not to worry we got the no nonsense sheeple to tell us what is what .

I found it astounding that hardly anyone on this thread can see beyond their own noses .

Sheep spends their lives being afraid of the Wolf and the Sheperd always eats a nice roast .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What's the solution then?

I'm so sick of hearing people whining about individual rights, when the UK has become a legit war zone. Do you understand that these attacks won't stop, they will just keep happening. We will have more dead children, women, men. You realize that?

Those people who are being monitored, certainly have a reason for being monitored. Act on that. bring them to interrogation one by one. Use whatever force you need to get them to talk. It's pretty plain and simple. You can worry about individual rights, when the UK stops being a warzone

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Some want all our police officers armed. A small minority want us to start executing terror suspects and posting their parts back to some Middle East country. Many more want suspects imprisoned/deported/interned alongside their families. Not 'guilty,' not 'proven in a court of law,' just suspected. Suspicion alone is currently enough for those who who support having people taken from their homes and detained without prosecutable evidence.

This would leave us with a militarised police force with the ability to detain and imprison people without evidence. We'd shift the onus from presumed innocence to presumed guilt. Religious freedom would have to go too.

We don't need a conspiracy angle at the moment when so many would cheerfully turn this fine nation into an oppressive state. I'm more worried about them than Muslim extremists and terrorists. Our politicians show saddened faces, but won't miss the opportunity to reap political capital. Take away freedom and attract more votes. Politicians and public alike will vote for suppression/oppression. It sounds f***ing ridiculous, right? This is how it works.

As a german, knowing our history, the first part of your comment reminded to the darkest times in Germany, some decades ago...

And the last part, as sad as it is, but that´s how the game is played, scare the people(with whatever measures) and they can be used as needed.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
im still interested in realistic solutions

a lot keep talking about the watch list.

seems like that list is pretty ineffective. manchester dude was on it.
are the people on the watch list actually watched?
seems not seeing as he was on it and people from the community alerted the cops and nothing was done.

what is the point of the watch list if the people on it are not watched? you get a tip, even a bull# one about someone on the watchlist then you better #in check it out huh.

its gonna get real bad when the citizens decide they have had enough and start cracking peoples heads open cause they are muslim...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I missed this one by a long way. Only saw it on the net at 11:30am this morning.

Raided flats in Barking. People stabbed and run over again..

Well... I have to say that the Police & Governments have been too lenient over the years thinking that everything was hunky dory, that everyone was getting along going about their daily jobs and the leftists calling others 'bigots, 'racists' and 'phobics' have indeed been wrong all this time.

I hope these events open peoples eyes at last.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Makes me wonder if European governments are turning a blind eye to radical Islam on purpose. I often question how some of these politicians can be so grossly incompetent under the guise of political correctness.

Perhaps the militarization of Europe was the plan all along, because it certainly looks like it's heading there.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

What's the solution then?

I'm so sick of hearing people whining about individual rights, when the UK has become a legit war zone. Do you understand that these attacks won't stop, they will just keep happening. We will have more dead children, women, men. You realize that?

Those people who are being monitored, certainly have a reason for being monitored.

Yeah, good that they all have been known to the "anti-terror" agencies, have been monitored while they did their attacks right under the eyes of the "anti-terror" agencies, attack after attack.

Somehow it seems that you, to become a "successful" terrorist, have to be under the observation(guidance, rule?) of the "anti-terror" agencies, otherwise you would get caught or any other reason would stop you from doing an attack...

All those that were known to the agencies, that were under observation, had any ties of any kind to the "anti-terror" agencies, officials etc, become "successful" terrorists.

But i guess we just have to live with those uncountable "coincidences" and don´t better question them, because of the evil terrorists that destroy our freedom, our lifestyle...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Power that be are " raping the Habeas Corpus " but not to worry we got the no nonsense sheeple to tell us what is what .

I found it astounding that hardly anyone on this thread can see beyond their own noses .

Sheep spends their lives being afraid of the Wolf and the Sheperd always eats a nice roast .

Some people are turkeys voting for Christmas. "Take my freedom, please and thank you!"

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

As a german, knowing our history, the first part of your comment reminded to the darkest times in Germany, some decades ago...

And the last part, as sad as it is, but that´s how the game is played, scare the people(with whatever measures) and they can be used as needed.

Some people are sincerely marching us into a nightmare world. I get your drift about 30s Germany and see similarities across the world with 30s Europe. It made sense in the 30s for people to go extreme like it did with the Communist scares of the 1950s. The thing is, history shows that we went wrong back then. Giving more authority to governments has a way of backfiring.

Even knowing that, some people still want their governments to have more and more power, more surveillance etc. It's not even moronic, it's just human nature.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

But it doesn't make any sense.

Are any of you suggesting there's a sinister agenda against Islam? Are you guys suggesting that the elites, who had been promoting Multi-culturalism for the past 50 years, have suddenly decided to change their goal, and to do what exactly? There's nothing similar between what the Nazi's did, and what the muslims are doing. The Nazi's used one false flag to turn on Jews, while what we see happening now is totally different. There are numerous terrorist attacks happening in the west on a yearly basis, and nothing is being done about it. If there was a sinister plot against Islam, something would have happened to lead us that way. But there's not.

Second, are you suggesting there's a hidden war on our privacy? That the elites want to have even more control of us? They are already spying on us, and there's nothing we can do about that. I'm just having trouble imaging what more can they do to control us even more. And shouldn't the fact that the mainstream media are waging a war against the only person who calls for action against radical islam tell you something?

Sometimes, not everything that happens is a conspiracy.
edit on 753k2017Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 757k2017Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Cue the head of London muslims and community leaders standing outside a mosque issuing a statement of how hate crimes against muslims will not be tolerated after these attacks, which they will no doubt say "wasn't us!" While the police back them up.

"It's a different islam and different muslims, it's not us bruv" blah blah blah...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"It's not even moronic, it's just human nature."

And human nature is moronic, we kill each other, we destroy everything we need to live, most of us are full of greed, envy and egoism...

edit on 4 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

We're a lawful nation and we respect the Geneva Conventions as well as the (iirc) 1996 Human Rights Act.

Whilst it was enough for the US to detain people at Guantanamo, it's not enough under UK or International laws for us. That 'watch list' isn't called an 'arrest list' because the evidence is too circumstantial or sketchy to prosecute them.

Maybe it's time for the evidentiary bar to be lowered, but then we're drifting towards supposition and hearsay as evidence. Or going towards the US model of FISA hearings where nobody ever really knows what the evidence was...not even the accused.

I'm looking forward to seeing a string of arrests in the next few days. I'm in favour of deportations, but a feature of 21st terrorism is the scumbags are nearly always home-grown.

link   
Shame we haven't got a bay of some kind were we can question these people fu Obama

link   
***TRIGGER WARNING***

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Poor people. Hope there were no children killed or injured.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Isnt it strange that Guantanamo bay closes and terror attacks against the west skyrocketed mmmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Many of us have known this fact for a long time. Murderers have used other ways to kill innocent. The gas attack in Japan is an example, as well as the constant "knife attacks" around the world including China.

Banning the tools murderers use will not stop these murders. Evil people will find other ways, and other tools to commit their heinous crimes.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

i get what youre saying but i didnt ask if the people on the watch list are arrested for being on the list.
i asked if they were watched

also as i mentioned people in the community said something to the cops about him more than once.
did the cops talk to this dude after that?
did they watch him?
did they look into him at all?

said nothing about arrest

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join