It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

To protect and swerve...

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Don't you worry, when enough people die maybe someone of leadership capacity will grow some balls to do what needs to be done.

Not enough people have died yet. Still need a few hundred thousand more civilians dead first.
edit on 4-6-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Some questions:

Were the attackers, again, known to the "anti-terror" officials?

Did people, again, warn the officials because of the attackers, months or even years ago?

Were the attackers, again, under observation by the "anti-terror" officials?

How long did it take from the attack till the "protectors" demanded more powers, more money ,more total observation of all taxpaying citizens, for their next failure?

How long did it take till "they" told us that we defend our "liberal, western lifestyle", while the police gets militarized more and more, while we all get observed more and more, while we have to give away our freedom for NO security?

But at least "our" western "protectors" remain faithful to themselves, at the end the attackers(possible confidants?) are all dead. Dead people can´t speak anymore...

Did someone mention that, if a country, nation, has more total observation of all it´s people, more of all that "anti-terror for your own security" stuff, the more terror attacks happen there?
Just a coincidence?
I mean, look at France, look at the former united Kingdom!

The less freedom for people, the more power of the "anti-terror" officials, the more people are forced to give away their freedoms, the more terror attacks happen in such countries.

But good that nobody questions anything...!

edit on 4 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I can't take this anymore. London is my home town. My heart hurts.

What do we do people? How do we fight this silent war? I've become so confused after following this for almost 15 years. I do not know what the answer is anymore.

Their hate for us (these extremists) as an ideology has hit critical mass. It's gone beyond just lone nutters. I hate to say it but it's got to the point where my family are travelling to Morroco and I'm #ing terrified just because it's a Muslim country.

There's no excuse. None of us want to bomb your lands. None of us go to work and feel joy that bombs have killed civilians in the middle east. What is the logic? Why attack us? There's no sense in this. Killing those kids at Manchester is unforgiveable. Not one of us would willingly want to destroy your kids like that, and even worse in the name of ultimate justice and God. How #ing dare you?

And yet... besides the tragic loss of life; they continue to win by instilling this fear and anger into us. I can't help but feel angry and confused. I can't help but want sudden and simple answers to make my heart feel better.

And that's exactly part of the problem isn't it? The reality is that this isn't a simple scenario answered by a straight forward solution. This isn't a case of dropping more bombs, sending more soldiers and going full minority report on the public. All of these actions will continue to act as a catalyst to the problem at hand, and we as the public will continue to suffer for it.

#... I feel lost from thinking about it all. I don't even want to read other comments because I know I'll see the same rage I feel, but accompanied with the typical calls for even more military action or the banning of religion. I can't help but feel both options are fast tracking us to even more terror, and yet I admit I have no sensible alternative to offer. I don't know what to think. What do we bloody do?

God help us as they say.
edit on 4-6-2017 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Stop giving money to Saudi Arabia

İt's the mosques 98 percent around the world whom are Saudi funded

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Religions are promising better existence after death then while alive. That little catch is a big part of the problem. It cheapens life.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Theresa May said in her speech this morning that 5 other attacks have been foiled by British services since the Manchester bombing... really puts in perspective how bad the situation really is in the UK.

I read that MI5 has at least 4000 people on terrorist watch lists in the UK that need to be constantly monitored... why these people are still in the country and roaming around freely is completely beyond common sense.

What a mess.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

My answer to you is perhaps unconvincing, but I think the answer lies
somewhere between zero tolerance for hate crimes and self policing in the community.

The Muslim communities need to show solidarity publicly for the Nation and weed
out the agitators and hate preachers.
If the Islamic community shows that the perversion of their religion is not what they want
and the extremists are given up to the police... then and only then can we move forward together

Only then will communities be able to truly come together as a united kingdom.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Religions are promising better existence after death then while alive.

That´s not hard.
Because life, for many, many people worldwide, isn`t that funny!
And pied pipers like those sects, some call them still "religions"(would have been Scientology 2000 years faster, many of us would pray today to whatever those Scientology cultists believe), use the fates of those poor humas, for their own profits!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I dont get how so many posters on here can be so ignorant and sick to use these attacks to support their far right agendas. The UK has not had some Muslim invasion, of course the UKs foreign policy has had some impact on making us a target. However we will not break and we will not become hatefilled xenophobic isolationists. I know this site is incredibly right wing, so its difficult for son to grasp that the UK is not.

You're confused.

Theses attacks are not being used to "support" any agenda at all.

They did in fact PROVE that these people are correct in their beliefs that islam will not stop, regardless of what WE do.

islam is a cult, and brainwashes people. Any religion than mandates you stop what you're doing to pray 5 times a day, is programming, and brainwashing. Any religion that offers up it's own set of laws that supposedly supersede a country's laws, is in fact brainwashing.

BTW, they are actually encouraged to pray more than that.

It's all about thought control, and behavior control. This isn't some "far right agenda" these are simple basic facts.

Five Reasons Why Islam is a Cult :

1. A Muslim who quits Islam has to worry about being killed by another Muslim.
2. Muslims are encouraged to commit violence in the name of Islam in their teachings.
3. Islam does not allow criticism or change.
4. Muslim theology teaches the inferiority of non-Muslims.
5. Islam matches the “Characteristics Associated with Cultic Groups” according to the International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA).

Here are some of these characteristics, according to the ICSA:

-The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
-Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
-Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
-The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry — or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
-The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar — or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
-The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
-The leader is not accountable to any authorities.
-The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members’ participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
-The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
-Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
-The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
-Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
-Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
-The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TurkmenAlevi

You are completely right. A huge part of this problem is our unwillingness to admit Saudi Arabia had (has) anything to do with modern Islamic terrorism.

That being said, I feel the problem has outgrown the confines of Saudi Arabia by large. It is its own living entity now. I say this because it has the power to take lads that were born and raised here with the rest of us, and make them hate us to the extent of civilian kamikaze. It is unbelievable.

There's several key things here really:

- Constant money flow from Saudi Arabia to groups they see as beneficial to their world view or geopolitical agenda
- Constant money flow from subsequent group's activities by operating in war zone areas
- Localised terror cells from EU (Europe) to ME (middle east)
- Constant and potentially unchecked flow of personel from EU to ME
- Localised Mosque based grooming strategies of young and gullible teens in western society
- Constant military occupation and bombing campaign of ME that reinforces the propaganda of the terror speakers, and yet does little to actually combat terror itself. These resources could be more wisely used to fight the problem.
- International group of terror speakers/promoters infiltrating as many Mosques as possible and in turn destroying local and established peaceful Muslim communities
- Growing division of 'us' and 'them', which in turn makes the terror speakers even more successful at creating isolation and essentially acting like a cancer cell
- An overall lack of effective strategy to combat terrorism, both internally and externally: and one that ultimately as it stands bring more harm to the public as terrorists adapt and we get left with an overall sense of no privacy and mistrust
- A brewing anger between the racial groups of countries, which is further isolating the Muslim communities and making cross-community cooperation very ineffective
- A lack of directive from the western Muslim community to combat this issue internally. We need specific types of education classes provided to new arrivers from warzones who have followed the Islamic faith in a manner that isn't readily compatible with modern western society
- A genuine dishonesty from the western government in regards to the entirety of the problem and the countries involved. Our selective aid of Jihad where it suits us is not hidden like it once was. This apparent double standard creates more division and muddies the water.
- An idea that the entire problem can be traced to a book, and removing the book will solve everything. Demonising the book is the quickest way to aggregate about 3 or 4 points on this list. When looking at the ideology, you have to return to Saudi Arabia and understand that this is a very specific flavour of Islam being pushed. We cannot simply outcast 1/4 of the Earth's population on the actions of less than 1%. This is a problem deeper than simply paragraphs on a page.

It's so complicated... Help!

edit on 4-6-2017 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I read that MI5 has at least 4000 people on terrorist watch lists in the UK that need to be constantly monitored... why these people are still in the country and roaming around freely is completely beyond common sense.

Simply because, there is a change of times since 9/11, away from freedom and heading to a 1984ish western society, western world.

And because of that, because of the installing of big brother in the western world, there is a need of terror and terrorism, for the "anti-terror" officials. And for their own reason to exist.

No terror(or the peoples, citizens, "possible terrorists" fear of terror), no reason for "anti-terror" agencies.

No terror, no reason to build some more spying cameras in the public space, spying on all of us!

No terror, no new "anti-terror" laws, that force the people to give away their freedoms!

No terror, no reason to spy on all our phones and internet access points!

And so on and on!

First question has ever to be:

Cui bono, in reality!

edit on 4 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Dont know how we can honestly stop this now

Not by tossing away our democratic values.

An observation: we have seen THREE attacks in the short period that ms May (a stark conservative) was at the helm of the nation - it seems that all that square chinned rhetoric of the conservatives does not really help much either. The choice hence seems to be to live in a country that endorses freedom of religion and opinion AND has terrorist attacks, or to live in a country that has no freedom of religion and opinon AND terrorists attacks. For me, that choice is simple: we have always managed to retain our democratic values even though we had to live with idiots that killed innocent people.

We have to look at how ISIS was able to get so well trained and funded and who ever did this training and funding should be locked away in a windowless cell for life

"well trained" and "well funded" my arse. It takes 50 quid to hire a van and another 50 to buy some knives. There is no special training required to drive that van into the public nor to abandon the car and start stabbing innocent people.

I think that we should be very careful not to blow this out of proportions: in a city like London, on average 170 people are being murdered each year. That's 170 too many, but still we live with it and we don't say "let's find the masterbrain that thinks out these horrible things" either. There may well be no master brain .. ISIL would probably claim that Jack the Ripper was their agent if this was the 19th century.

My advice: be vigilant, be calm, carry on. This is gruesome for all that have lost somebody or have somebody in hospital now, but as terrrible as this may sound: on the greater scale of things this is nothing - let's not make in into something.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TurkmenAlevi

Stop giving money to Saudi Arabia

İt's the mosques 98 percent around the world whom are Saudi funded

Hmm, in Germany, here most of the mosques are payed by DITIB, by Turkey.
Doesn´t make the thing better in any ways!

We need educational work to screw all of those sects, cults, to wipe them out, so that our kids can grow in a future without being afraid of the revenge of an allmighty idol(and their earthly henchmen)!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Everyone can now sleep easy, the government has the final solution to end all the terrorism....

Regulate the internet........

Problem, reaction and MF solution.

Independent UK

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They think going full on Minority Report is the answer. This is #ing retarded. The terrorists will just go back to primitive methods of communication. Osama Bin Laden evaded us for how #ing long using that exact approach?

This is a temporary patch that may work for half a year to a year tops. Then the terrorists will adapt and we as the public get left with a privacy destroying machine of suspicion and monitoring. Sounds fun.

It does make you think 'are the government really going to just use these events to boost their own power rather than think sensibly about the situation?' It's worrying.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Everyone can now sleep easy, the government has the final solution to end all the terrorism....

Independent UK

That´s what i am talking about!

Btw, if we catch another one or two of "Bin Ladens right hands"(hiiiiiiiigh ranking "IS" terrorists, like one or two every month), then terror is conquered, finished, and we all live in a sunny and peaceful future under a rainbow, surrounded by unicorns. The problem is, the amount of "right hands of Bin Laden" seems to be infinite...

But a little bit more 1984 for all of us will help, for sure, i guess and bet!

Cui bono?
The terrorists? Yes, with a little help of their western friends, that too want to destroy our freedoms, our liberal western lifestyle, with buidling the western NK or China!

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Independent UK

Most users on this thread are not capable of seeing the " Conspiracy " but as always there are exceptions .

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Right now, some people would give away freedom in return for safety.

Some want all our police officers armed. A small minority want us to start executing terror suspects and posting their parts back to some Middle East country. Many more want suspects imprisoned/deported/interned alongside their families. Not 'guilty,' not 'proven in a court of law,' just suspected. Suspicion alone is currently enough for those who who support having people taken from their homes and detained without prosecutable evidence.

This would leave us with a militarised police force with the ability to detain and imprison people without evidence. We'd shift the onus from presumed innocence to presumed guilt. Religious freedom would have to go too.

We don't need a conspiracy angle at the moment when so many would cheerfully turn this fine nation into an oppressive state. I'm more worried about them than Muslim extremists and terrorists. Our politicians show saddened faces, but won't miss the opportunity to reap political capital. Take away freedom and attract more votes. Politicians and public alike will vote for suppression/oppression. It sounds f***ing ridiculous, right? This is how it works.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join