It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible Terror Attacks in London

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Has the British government publicly identified the 3 suspects yet?I don't see any info anywhere.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Are today's incidents THE ATTACK that the United Kingdom was placed on maximum alert for?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Nope not a word (see my previous post) not even a hint nor any clue in the various witness statements either

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It is thought so yes we are now down to severe threat with more expected

I worry about tomorrows concert with Ariane Grande for the Manchester victims...seems an ideal opportunity to me...I'm surprised its going ahead to be honest

(post by murphy22 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Whatever you care to call it, you are talking about diversity, specifically diversity of thought, values, priorities. A people can become so diverse that they can't be satisfactorily governed. That's reality.

It's not diversity of thought. It's freedom of thought.

There is a difference.

The notion that diversity can be beneficial isn't something I'd argue against, but the notion that diversity, and that specifically in regards to things like world view, priorities, and values, doesn't at some point cross over into negative territory is naïve. And that, dangerously so

Freedom is dangerous. You have to have the balls to stand up for it. Otherwise, we suppress those freedoms.

Exactly where the tipping point occurs, I couldn't say, but clearly we've passed it. So, maybe now isn't the time to try and increase diversity, might be smarter to try and sculpt a little more commonality.

No thanks. I'll take my freedoms.

Commonality in this context is group-think.

That doesn't fly with me.

edit on 3-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The goal of terrorism according to the most popular ISIS magazine.

The magazine article says that the objective of taking hostages is 'not to hold large numbers of the kuffar hostage in order to negotiate one's demands'.  

Instead, it says to create terror with 'the language of force, the language of killing, stabbing and slitting throats, chopping off heads, flattening them under trucks, and burning them alive, until they give the jizyah [tax] while they are in a state of humiliation', according to PJ Media. 

No idea what jizyah while they are in a state of humiliation means.
edit on 3-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

Yes, that is a given. Terrorism being the overall goal.

Using fake bombs that would ultimately lead to public knowledge of such doesn't exactly terrify anyone.

Yet the responses, regardless of the "realness" of the bombs, have been as expected.

It seems the goal of the terrorists have been achieved.
edit on 3-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

It is thought so yes we are now down to severe threat with more expected

If more are expected, why lower the alert level?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Eff sakes I've had enough

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Because they know what's going to happen and where

link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think it's important to remember that terrorism is not bound to a color or nation of origin. It's bound by an ideology. There are roots to it, but for sake of discussion, we can overlook that.

Given the odds, they will most likely be of middle eastern descent but what if it's not? If it isn't I would say GB has a much larger problem on its hands. While the US has been spared of the infiltrating, we've had more of our share of "radicalized" individuals..homegrown.

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

'the language of force, the language of killing, stabbing and slitting throats, chopping off heads,

Oh...the kind of "language" Kathy Griffin used. Yeah...a bloody head chopped off speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

Yes, that is a given. Terrorism being the overall goal.

Using fake bombs that would ultimately lead to public knowledge of such doesn't exactly terrify anyone.

Yet the responses, regardless of the "realness" of the bombs, have been as expected.

It seems they the goal has been achieved.

So your of the opinion that it was in regard to an immediate response only? Fair enough.
Maybe next time they won't be and then mission accomplished. Food for thought.
As I said earlier, I just find it odd considering the patterns.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yup that sure is a worry indeed....I can't even imagine who else it could be at this point in time. In a way I hope its the usual suspects and not some other group or even worse a bunch of idiots trying to put the blame on Islam....they didn't yell allah ahkbar they actually said this is for Allah...another oddness

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Because they know what's going to happen and where

If that's the case, the attack can be thwarted before it occurs. Are you sure?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Something akin to the Pulse Nightclub? Wanna-be ISIS sharing ideals. Sets a dangerous precedent that their message is getting through.

OR

Well....I've no proof on my internal thoughts..yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think the perps know this, so why the fake canister tactic?

Possibly attempt to get police to back off if think they are rigged up as suicide bombers

Other possibility is that was part of hostage scenario - terrorist grab bunch of hostages in restaurant or bar

Hold them hostage or even begin executing them like ISIS - fake bombs are to terrorize hostages and force police to stay away

Are you going to rush in if think they are rigged to explode...?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yup
certain

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Has the British government publicly identified the 3 suspects yet?I don't see any info anywhere.

Even if have identified the terrorists probably not going to release names

Will begin running them past MI5, identify any associates and move to arrest them before can go underground or destroy
any evidence

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join